UConn ranked No. 16 by Lindy's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn ranked No. 16 by Lindy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Purvis looks like he is holding a football ready to stiff arm. Our guards are solid, now we just have to see how our bigs developed/improved this off season.

Larrier is the overlooked one, and could be the secret weapon on this squad.

The ranking is fine considering we have a plethora of new (i.e. unknown) components. We actually may be 'only' a season away from being a top 10 team.

So this fan is temporarily tempering expectations.

Reaction Score
Not sure how they do not have Duke 1, let alone 3, but our ranking seems very reasonable.

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised we are ranked that high. In the end we were only a top 32 team last year and we arguably lost our best player.

Reaction Score
I remember picking up Street and Smith's and all the other pre season mags every year. It was like xmas morning.
Me too. Do you remember the recruiting guru from North Carolina who was sponsored by Cabela's? Can't think of his name but his reports were the best even though they were slanted toward the ACC teams. The internet killed those magazines.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The last two years have been more than fair to the AAC, but 2014 was shambolic all around. Louisville was the #1 team in the country by KenPom, so a 4 seed is indefensible. We got a 7-seed despite being a top-20 team. SMU should have made the tournament. But with Temple and Tulsa both getting in last season, the narrative has to stop.
Tulsa was a big WTF. I think they went out of their way to show they would select AAC teams.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I remember picking up Street and Smith's and all the other pre season mags every year. It was like xmas morning.

I remember having all of those in college. Loved those. I remember having one where it had headshots of top 100 high school recruits, the one year that Ricky Moore was in. But the picture they attached was of some skinny white kid with a Eric Montross type haircut. I was so confused the first time his picture was in the daily campus. :)

Reaction Score
Me too. Do you remember the recruiting guru from North Carolina who was sponsored by Cabela's? Can't think of his name but his reports were the best even though they were slanted toward the ACC teams. The internet killed those magazines.
Probably Bob Gibbons.

Reaction Score
The committee doesn't use KenPom, they use RPI, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Well, because you're wrong that they only use RPI. This was discussed ad nauseum during our pre-selection jitters last season, and there are specific quotes from the people who organize data for the selection committee that RPI is only one of several tools that they use, among them BPI, KenPom, and Sagarin.

Reaction Score
Well, because you're wrong that they only use RPI. This was discussed ad nauseum during our pre-selection jitters last season, and there are specific quotes from the people who organize data for the selection committee that RPI is only one of several tools that they use, among them BPI, KenPom, and Sagarin.
Yep, they definitely say that they look at those other metrics. Of course when you look at their Nitty Gritty report, the only metric listed is RPI, and it's pretty easy to see that seeding correlates closely to the RPI, so....

Reaction Score
Tulsa was a big WTF. I think they went out of their way to show they would select AAC teams.

My favorite part of Tulsas inclusion was one of their players - I think Shaq Harrison - responding to a fan asking if they were going to the tournament with "nah, lost to Memphis by like 30 (in the aac quarters)."

Reaction Score
I would be very happy if we are a top 20 team this year. On paper I'd have us more in the 25-35 range.

Reaction Score
Bought them all and until I realized the regional publications, I thought UConn was on the cover because they were suddenly going to make a splash. It took a while but this did become true! LOL

SnS was awesome back in the day. I still remember the first issue i got was when Allen Iverson was in the recruiting section and was described as "unstoppable on offense". Mustve been 93-94. Got it every year for years. That along with Sporting news and Athlons.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would be very happy if we are a top 20 team this year. On paper I'd have us more in the 25-35 range.
I agree. 16 seems a bit high to me right now. That's not to say we can't put it all together and surpass that by season's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom