UConn ranked No. 16 by Lindy's | The Boneyard

UConn ranked No. 16 by Lindy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The New Haven Register Blogs: UConn Men's Basketball Blog: UConn ranked No. 16 by Lindy's

cover%2Blindy%2527s.jpg

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams isn't top 25 PG? That's criminal. It shows me that these people live in the past and have no ability to predict the future.

Reaction Score
We were a top 20 team last year preseason, 18 I think but IMO we didn't play to it. I don't care about the number, I just want to see the new players show us something, open our eyes with their play. Once that happens we can start projecting.

Reaction Score
Why? Look at the past bias against the conference starting with Hooker U
No, you should actually look at it. How false this is has been beaten over the head numerous times on this forum. Simply look at last year with Tulsa, Cincy, and Temple. No one could objectively say there has been an AAC bias the last few years.

Reaction Score
No, you should actually look at it. How false this is has been beaten over the head numerous times on this forum. Simply look at last year with Tulsa, Cincy, and Temple. No one could objectively say there has been an AAC bias the last few years.
Louisville 31-6 and a four seed. Last year was a start but you must not be stating your case with a straight face

Reaction Score
Louisville 31-6 and a four seed. Last year was a start but you must not be stating your case with a straight face
Maybe take a look at their schedule from that year. And even if they were slightly under seeded, it's pretty much the only example.

Reaction Score
So you keep citing one example from 3 years ago and you think you have a well founded argument?

If you want to take the time to actually look into you would see how wrong it is.

Reaction Score
You can make a case that Louisville should have had a 2 or a 3 seed that year and that would be fair. However as @7774 pointed out you do have to look at other factors. Though they finished 31-6 their record going into the tourney was 29-5. Their RPI after all was said and done was a 16. RPI was 19 going into the tournament. Kenpom and Sagarin looked more favorably on them and both ranked them 1 at the end. They were ranked 5 in the AP going into the tournament. However, what hurt them most likely was a strength of schedule of 50. Eleven of their wins came against RPI 201+ and they were 8-6 against RPI 1-50. Twenty of their wins were against RPI 101+. If any of you stat gurus see anything wrong with the numbers I threw up here feel free to chime in.
I think most of us on this board did feel the conference would get jobbed going into the tournament last year but the AAC got treated pretty fairly. Until the conference does better in the non-conference regular season and in the tournament as a whole we're going to have to live with that.

Reaction Score
Temple and Tulsa were both undeserving last year and both got in. I would argue that SMU should have gotten in in 2014, but last year put an end to any of my suspicions that the AAC was being treated harshly.

Incidentally, Duke at #3? That pretty much causes me to discard the entire list. And us at #16 - after we lost three of our top four scorers from a fairly ordinary team a year ago - feels generous. I don't necessarily disagree...but it's probably not a ranking we get if we aren't named UConn.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Temple and Tulsa were both undeserving last year and both got in. I would argue that SMU should have gotten in in 2014, but last year put an end to any of my suspicions that the AAC was being treated harshly.

Incidentally, Duke at #3? That pretty much causes me to discard the entire list. And us at #16 - after we lost three of our top four scorers from a fairly ordinary team a year ago - feels generous. I don't necessarily disagree...but it's probably not a ranking we get if we aren't named UConn.
that ranking is fine for preseason... i could see us anywhere from there to 20... top 5ish recruiting class, with adams, larrier, purvis, brimah

Reaction Score
We have a very well balanced team. What we lack is star power, which I think keeps us from breaking into that upper echelon of teams this year. We've had a 1st team AA every year we took home the NC, and if I'm being honest with myself I don't see any AA's on this team (this year...couple guys definitely have the potential to get there eventually)

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is shocked that Oregon is number 1. I know they have a good team but really number one seems like a major reach.

Reaction Score
I remember picking up Street and Smith's and all the other pre season mags every year. It was like xmas morning.

Bought them all and until I realized the regional publications, I thought UConn was on the cover because they were suddenly going to make a splash. It took a while but this did become true! LOL

Reaction Score
Maybe take a look at their schedule from that year. And even if they were slightly under seeded, it's pretty much the only example.

The last two years have been more than fair to the AAC, but 2014 was shambolic all around. Louisville was the #1 team in the country by KenPom, so a 4 seed is indefensible. We got a 7-seed despite being a top-20 team. SMU should have made the tournament. But with Temple and Tulsa both getting in last season, the narrative has to stop.

Reaction Score
The last two years have been more than fair to the AAC, but 2014 was shambolic all around. Louisville was the #1 team in the country by KenPom, so a 4 seed is indefensible. We got a 7-seed despite being a top-20 team. SMU should have made the tournament. But with Temple and Tulsa both getting in last season, the narrative has to stop.
The committee doesn't use KenPom, they use RPI, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom