UCONN Over/Under 5.5 - What Say You? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN Over/Under 5.5 - What Say You?

Reaction Score
The over/under that matters is over/under 20k in attendance for our 6 home games.
Didnt we hit this last season? what was our home attendance last year?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If they get the same QB play as last year...5ish wins. If QB play is average....7 or 8 wins.

I really think success this year is all on Charlton. I have confidence that Mora will field a tough defense. That means they will compete in most games. Whether they can win those games is all in Charlton.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The over/under that matters is over/under 20k in attendance for our 6 home games.
Based on tickets sold? Over.

Reaction Score
Im thinking 8-4:

NC State - Loss
Georgia St - Win
FIU - Win
Duke - Loss
Utah St - Win
Rice - Win
South Florida - Win
BC - Loss
Tenn - Loss
James Madison - Win
Sacred Heart - Win
Umass - Win
8-4 is my thought too.

Reaction Score
Whether they can win those games is all in Charlton.
Whether they can win those games is all in Charlton? ( I think you meant on.) With all due respect will Charlton be blocking, running, throwing a pass or be defending? Do realize he has only been here for a very short time. JM is the main man and has to take responsibility and or credit for everything on the field until he says different.
Me thinks Charlton has a bug in the ear from JM on a very through out game process. JMHO It will take both sides of the ball to perform to get where we want to be.
Whether they can win or lose a game is in no way on just Charlton. It's a team sport with multiple units getting on the field to succeed or not. So far he has done the right things. ;)

Reaction Score
For some reason, the game that feels the most deceiving/dangerous to me, is James Madison - it feels like the "ball state" of this year. Virginia schools are pretty good, and even as 1-AA, JMU was able to beat Virginia Tech recently. IMO that game is NOT a gimme.

Reaction Score
For some reason, the game that feels the most deceiving/dangerous to me, is James Madison - it feels like the "ball state" of this year. Virginia schools are pretty good, and even as 1-AA, JMU was able to beat Virginia Tech recently. IMO that game is NOT a gimme.
With all due respect, who said it was?

Reaction Score
James Madison is at the top of a better conference than Ball State was mediocre in. They are probably our 4th toughest game, possibly better than BC, but probably worse than Duke/NC State and definitely not in the league of TN. Playing them away won't be easy.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Whether they can win those games is all in Charlton? ( I think you meant on.) With all due respect will Charlton be blocking, running, throwing a pass or be defending? Do realize he has only been here for a very short time. JM is the main man and has to take responsibility and or credit for everything on the field until he says different.
Me thinks Charlton has a bug in the ear from JM on a very through out game process. JMHO It will take both sides of the ball to perform to get where we want to be.
Whether they can win or lose a game is in no way on just Charlton. It's a team sport with multiple units getting on the field to succeed or not. So far he has done the right things. ;)
It isn't a secret that Mora is focused on the defense. He is literally the defensive coordinator. Of course he is involved on the offense to some extent, but he hired Charlton because Charlton was a head coach who was known for his offensive capability. Charlton is there because Mora wants an OC that allows him to focus on defense.

Last year the offense was bad. They won games despite the offense. And most concerning, they didn't improve at all as the season progressed. Of course we all know the team was devastated by injuries at the skill positions. He does have an excuse... although I still was disappointed that ZT didn't develop more.

Hopefully injuries are nominal and we see what Charlton can do in his second year with a healthier roster. But if they are healthy and look like last year's offense...that's on Charlton.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, who said it was?
i'm seeing a lot of W's for that JMU game, on people's schedules, here in the boneyard. I agree; we CAN beat them, but again - with my personal caveat.

Reaction Score
It isn't a secret that Mora is focused on the defense. He is literally the defensive coordinator. Of course he is involved on the offense to some extent, but he hired Charlton because Charlton was a head coach who was known for his offensive capability. Charlton is there because Mora wants an OC that allows him to focus on defense.

Last year the offense was bad. They won games despite the offense. And most concerning, they didn't improve at all as the season progressed. Of course we all know the team was devastated by injuries at the skill positions. He does have an excuse... although I still was disappointed that ZT didn't develop more.

Hopefully injuries are nominal and we see what Charlton can do in his second year with a healthier roster. But if they are healthy and look like last year's offense...that's on Charlton.
our offensive performance in the marshall bowl game, was truly painful for me - That first half looked like our 1st game as an offense, not the 13th. I've said it before and i'll say it again - ZT came from too big a high school program (St. Thomas Aquinas, FL), to end up at UConn. Something was off for me when i saw that last offseason, and unfortunately I was proven right - He was VERY much a work in progress. Rooting for the young man, but really don't think the kid's our guy. I sincerely hope that I'm 1000% wrong and that this take ages terribly.

Reaction Score
i'm seeing a lot of W's for that JMU game, on people's schedules, here in the boneyard. I agree; we CAN beat them, but again - with my personal caveat.
I agree. But I do not think anyone views JMU as anything but a really tough game. UConn ignores JMU's potential at the Huskies' peril.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JMU is a tough game, its in harrisonburg. They've learned to be a tough opponent. I'm giving it 70% to jmu right now

Like most cities these days some good breweries in town

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Outside of some unforeseen circumstances there is no good reason that you should not get to 7 or 8 wins against that schedule. Taking UT out of the equation, the remaining P5 Teams are mediocre to atrocious, and the G5 Schools are all very manageable even on the road.
I understand this view, but this is a team that struggled mightily on the road. Now part of that was the road schedule was more difficult than the home games, but still the sole road win was FIU who was pretty bad. Winning away from home is a learning process. Assuming UT is a loss, UMass a win, can we win 2 of Ga State, Rice, BC and James Madison?

Reaction Score
I like the over, but Tennessee, NC State, JMU, Duke, and BC will all be tough. The other 7s should be Ws. I'll go 8-4.

Reaction Score
If BC is anywhere near bowl eligible we will get both barrels at Alumni. That loss did not sit well with them. Hopefully they will be in the midst of a disaster with their relatively new coach facing the ax, but absent that, it will be a very tough game.

Reaction Score
NC State (W)
Georgia St (W)
FIU (W)
Duke (W)
Utah St (W)
Rice (W)
South Florida (W)
BC (L)
Tenn (L)
James Madison (W)
Sacred Heart (W)
UMESS (W)

10-2. I don’t know , but I do feel that the only game where we have no chance is at Tennessee.
We can beat BC. I’ll say 11-1. Tennessee will kick our butts, but we have good chances to win every other game if we stay healthy. NC State will be at home, as will several of our early games.

Reaction Score
If BC is anywhere near bowl eligible we will get both barrels at Alumni. That loss did not sit well with them. Hopefully they will be in the midst of a disaster with their relatively new coach facing the ax, but absent that, it will be a very tough game.
BC athletics in men’s and women’s basketball, football, and men’s ice hockey have hit the skids lately. Especially in men’s and women’s basketball things have fallen off a cliff, compared to when they were in the old Big East. I think BC has a team and school spirit problem, no one cares anymore, and maybe the football team doesn’t either.

Reaction Score
This is the note I put in my phone a few weeks ago. I see 6-6, which ostensibly means no improvement, but I DO think we’ll be a stronger 6-6 than last year. Like others have said, I think the wild card is 100% Charlton’s offense.
8/31 vs. NC State - L
9/9 @ Georgia State - L
9/16 vs. FIU - W
9/23 vs. Duke - L
9/30 vs. Utah State - W
10/7 @ Rice - L
10/21 vs. USF - W
10/28 @ BC - W
11/4 @ Tennessee - L
11/11 @ James Madison - L
11/18 vs. Sacred Heart - W
11/25 vs. UMass - W