UCONN Over/Under 5.5 - What Say You? | The Boneyard

UCONN Over/Under 5.5 - What Say You?

Reaction Score
Getting closer and closer to kick-off. It starts with the Wolfpack and getting 18. (Take the points) Anticipation is higher and higher with Huskies on the rise. Last year, our boys were a veritable ATM as they blew past the over win total and provided real return on individual game bets. Interesting to see the number at 5.5 (have to laugh that UMESS is at 2.5 with old friend Don Brown) The number is high but you have to take into consideration the schedule we're playing. (not exactly what we'd face in Big 12 with the likes of Mike "I'm 40, I'm a man" Gundy.) Had some fun and assigned W's and L's to the schedule. 7 home game helps!!! What say you?

NC State (L)
Georgia St (L) Tough Away Game
FIU (W)
Duke (W) (Just Like in NCAA Tourney)
Utah St (W)
Rice (L)
South Florida (W) (Like the Big East Days)
BC (L)
Tenn (L) (Rocky Top is a Tall Task)
James Madison (W)
Sacred Heart (W) (We Could Win with my 60+ Year Old Buddies Coming Off the Edge)
UMESS (W)

7-5 - Put On the Bowling Shoes

Reaction Score
Getting closer and closer to kick-off. It starts with the Wolfpack and getting 18. (Take the points) Anticipation is higher and higher with Huskies on the rise. Last year, our boys were a veritable ATM as they blew past the over win total and provided real return on individual game bets. Interesting to see the number at 5.5 (have to laugh that UMESS is at 2.5 with old friend Don Brown) The number is high but you have to take into consideration the schedule we're playing. (not exactly what we'd face in Big 12 with the likes of Mike "I'm 40, I'm a man" Gundy.) Had some fun and assigned W's and L's to the schedule. 7 home game helps!!! What say you?

NC State (L)
Georgia St (L) Tough Away Game
FIU (W)
Duke (W) (Just Like in NCAA Tourney)
Utah St (W)
Rice (L)
South Florida (W) (Like the Big East Days)
BC (L)
Tenn (L) (Rocky Top is a Tall Task)
James Madison (W)
Sacred Heart (W) (We Could Win with my 60+ Year Old Buddies Coming Off the Edge)
UMESS (W)

7-5 - Put On the Bowling Shoes
NC State (W)
Georgia St (W)
FIU (W)
Duke (W)
Utah St (W)
Rice (W)
South Florida (W)
BC (L)
Tenn (L)
James Madison (W)
Sacred Heart (W)
UMESS (W)

10-2. I don’t know , but I do feel that the only game where we have no chance is at Tennessee.

Reaction Score
As a casual fan I have us at 8-4, anything less than 6 would be a disappointment to me though

NC State - L
Georgia State - W
FIU - W
Duke - L
Utah State - W
Rice - W
USF - L
Boston College - W
Tennessee - L
James Madison - W
Sacred Heart - W
UMass - W

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
NC St - L
Ga St - W
FIU - W
Duke - L
Utah State - W
Rice - W
USF - W
Boston College - L (don't think we can do it 2 yrs in a row)
Tennessee - L
James Madison - L
Sacred Heart - W
UMass - W

7-5

Reaction Score
Believe DK now has the spread at o/u of 5. And FD has the o/u at 4.5 (-150 ish). I touched the over 5.5 at +110 and +125.

Reaction Score
Could go either way, as Kingswood-Oxford alum playing Jay Peterman would say about his chances of getting into a thirds lacrosse game.

I have concerns about UConn's losses, but the QB room is much stronger. Even Zion. So I gotta think that they will have a much more effective passing attack which should really open things up. So it is unclear.

But the prediction windage derived from last year's experience tells us not to sell HCJM short. So I will go for the OVER!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
See post #15

No reason to change from what I posted last December

2023 Schedule

Sept. 2 NC STATE - win

Sept. 9 at Georgia State - win
Sept. 16 FIU - win
Sept. 23 DUKE - win
Sept. 30 UTAH STATE - win

Oct. 7 at Rice - win
Oct. 21 USF - win
Oct. 28 at Boston College - win
Nov. 4 at Tennessee - tossup
Nov. 11 at James Madison - win
Nov. 18 SACRED HEART - win
Nov. 25 vs. UMass* - win

Reaction Score
Man, this is crazy. Looking at the schedule I see a lot of W’s. But realistically, we had a long way to go to be consistently good. Chances are we’ll go 7-5 or even 6-6. But I guess I have us at 8-5. Either way, with 5 as a benchmark UConn is a definite OVER.

NC State - Loss
Georgia St - Win
FIU - Win
Duke - Loss
Utah St - Win
Rice - Win
South Florida - Win
BC - Loss
Tenn - Loss
James Madison - Win
Sacred Heart - Win
Umass - Win

Reaction Score
Man, this is crazy. Looking at the schedule I see a lot of W’s. But realistically, we had a long way to go to be consistently good. Chances are we’ll go 7-5 or even 6-6. But I guess I have us at 8-5. Either way, with 5 as a benchmark UConn is a definite OVER.

NC State - Loss
Georgia St - Win
FIU - Win
Duke - Loss
Utah St - Win
Rice - Win
South Florida - Win
BC - Loss
Tenn - Loss
James Madison - Win
Sacred Heart - Win
Umass - Win

I know I am stealing a line from the yard, maybe @UConn Dan or @Fishy , but I think we come out and punch NCST in the mouth and throat!!! We are going to surprise so I’ve taken the points also.

Reaction Score

NC State - Loss
Georgia St - Win
FIU - Win
Duke - Loss
Utah St - Win
Rice - Win
South Florida - Win
BC - Loss
Tenn - Loss
James Madison - Win
Sacred Heart - Win
Umass - Win
James Madison a win? BC would be easier. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the people saying we’re going to lose on the road to BC but beat JMU on the road. Like JMU is a GOOD team. BC is still trash.

Reaction Score
It’s very difficult to predict games in Oct and Nov in June. Looking at programs that are heading in the right direction Duke & Tennessee are two losses. NC St is an established team under a long term head coach. They have talent and depth in their system. BC is a mess. Yes they have talent and yes they brought in some very good portal guys, but can Hafley put it together is the big question. By the time we play them they could be a 2 win team. Against the P5 I’d say we go 1-3. The remaining 8 games are all G5 or FCS level type teams. Give me 7-1 and 8-4 overall.

Reaction Score
It’s very difficult to predict games in Oct and Nov in June. Looking at programs that are heading in the right direction Duke & Tennessee are two losses. NC St is an established team under a long term head coach. They have talent and depth in their system. BC is a mess. Yes they have talent and yes they brought in some very good portal guys, but can Hafley put it together is the big question. By the time we play them they could be a 2 win team. Against the P5 I’d say we go 1-3. The remaining 8 games are all G5 or FCS level type teams. Give me 7-1 and 8-4 overall.
I’m with you but I think we’ll drop 2 road games to G5s. Quote me at 7-5.

Reaction Score
Over. I don’t know that we’re going to win more games than last year, but I see the team overall being better (you don’t return 8 of 9 starting linemen and most of your skill players and not be better) and at a minimum matching last year’s win totals.

Reaction Score
Outside of some unforeseen circumstances there is no good reason that you should not get to 7 or 8 wins against that schedule. Taking UT out of the equation, the remaining P5 Teams are mediocre to atrocious, and the G5 Schools are all very manageable even on the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom