UConn MHOC versus BC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC versus BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounded like the building was getting a little fired up as the third period went on. Not many goals but the effort really appreciated. Smart hockey fans. Had to work but glad to catch most of it.

Reaction Score
Brian Leetch played his college puck for:

I forgave Leetch years ago for the transgression of playing for BC. Afterall, he did help the Rangers win the Stanley Cup (saw it when he brought it to town), played for Team USA, and also won a state title in baseball for my home town in '84 on a team that also included a guy named Brad Ausmus (in '83, out hockey team lost the state final to an Enfield team led by Craig Janney).

Reaction Score
BCHockeyNews 9:25pm via TweetDeck
Boston College's streak of not being shutout ends at 103 games. It was the longest current streak in college hockey.

JeffCoxSports 9:51pm via Twitter Web Client
"That was fun," said UConn head coach Mike Cavanaugh to start the press conference.

JoeDSports 9:52pm via Twitter for iPhone
@UConnMHOC Coach Cav. "This was an amazing night"

JoeDSports 9:54pm via Twitter for iPhone
@UConnMHOC Last two minutes it was hard to hear. I don't want to be the Macarena or the Hustle. I don't want to be a one hit wonder

Buccigross 9:50pm via Vine - Make a Scene
UCONN beats BC in first ever meeting. #cawlidgehawkey vine.co/v/OeMUtrPDJ63

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love the Connecticut Huskies. What a great night!

plus i witnessed a drunk idiot BC fan punching cars on his walk down Trumbull street screaming "UConn, suck my balls" lol. Drunk dope.

Reaction Score
B1uZCanIMAAJgCs.jpg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They just announced the final score on sportscenter..

Reaction Score
Over 8,000 in attendance tonight. Amazing.

From the Courant: HARTFORD -- The UConn hockey team skated to a 1-0 upset of No. 3 Boston College in its first Hockey East home game Wednesday night before a boisterous crowd of 8,089 at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Well, we never beat BC in hockey for the same eternity that we never beat Syracuse in football. Until the first time we played them at home as a member of the same league
Because it was the first hockey game ever played anywhere between the good Huskies and evil bcu, UCONN never previously defeated the bastards.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Go ice dogs! What a freakin' night!

Reaction Score
UConn Shuts Down BC in Hockey East Home Opener
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hoc...ge-rob-nichols-evan-richardson-mike-Cavanaugh

>>"Driving into the game today my assistant Joe Pereira asked me, 'Did you ever think we'd have 8,000 people at our first game?' I said 'Yeh. I did.' The first time I sat down with [UConn Athletic Director] Warde Manuel for my interview, I told him this state is starved for UConn to have a hockey team. It was electric," said Cavanaugh.<<

>>"Give the Huskies credit. They played well, smart. They had a fabulous crowd. The setting was outstanding," complimented BC head coach Jerry York.<<

Reaction Score
UConn Shuts Down BC in Hockey East Home Opener
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hoc...ge-rob-nichols-evan-richardson-mike-Cavanaugh

>>"Driving into the game today my assistant Joe Pereira asked me, 'Did you ever think we'd have 8,000 people at our first game?' I said 'Yeh. I did.' The first time I sat down with [UConn Athletic Director] Warde Manuel for my interview, I told him this state is starved for UConn to have a hockey team. It was electric," said Cavanaugh.<<

>>"Give the Huskies credit. They played well, smart. They had a fabulous crowd. The setting was outstanding," complimented BC head coach Jerry York.<<

The flipside:

Boston College Hockey Falls On The Road At UConn
http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...les-hockey-falls-on-the-road-at-uconn-huskies

>>We all knew this day would come. I just don't think anyone expected it to be so soon.<<

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just a total blast to be there tonight. Can't wait to go to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom