UConn MHOC versus BC | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC versus BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just left the box office. They have sold over 80% of available tickets according to the xl center employee. Keep in mind this is lower bowl only. Should be a great crowd!

Reaction Score
One heck of a measuring stick weekend for UConn. You might get a slight benefit in both games in that BC and BU play Friday night, an enormous game for both, so Wednesday is a classic trap game for BC, and Saturday could be a letdown game for BU. Either way, these two teams early on appear to be the frontrunners, and by far the best competition UConn has played all year. Great to see solid support for the team on a Wednesday night, here's to it continuing all year. Hope some of you can make it to Agganis on Saturday as well, should be a fun time, and Eichel is worth the price of admission.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just saw that email that said only 700 tickets left. Impressive.

Reaction Score
Just saw that email that said only 700 tickets left. Impressive.
How great would it be to pull off a massive upset, beat BCU, and then to play a solid game against BU to boot! Hey, everyone laces 'em up pretty the same way, you have to drop the puck and ... GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Perfect opportunity for me to chant Rangers suck! :p I know others will be joining in.

Reaction Score
They've now opened up two whole sections in the balcony on the opposite side of the rink. They're not going to be turning anyone away from this one.

Reaction Score
B1n__htIAAEbMyZ.jpg

Reaction Score
mike012779 said:
is there such a thing as storming the ice after a hockey upset?
Sure, but for some it's a slippery slope.

Reaction Score
Played his youth hockey at Cheshire Ice Arena. The place closed down after he left.

Reaction Score
grabbing a couple extra's for tonight.....I cant believe that I'm buying the top row of the XL center for a UConn hockey game.

This is Awesome!

Reaction Score
Really really excited about tonight's game. I'm diehard UConn all the way but never really got into the hockey team at all because being outside Hockey East looking I never got the sense that they were a legit program. This Hockey East switch is going to be huge and given the amount of high school hockey talent there is in New England and CT especially, I think its only a matter of time until UConn moves past Quinnipiac and Yale as the clear hockey leader in the state. Playing games at XL is huge too, I know I'm not the only one who didn't want to drive to Storrs and sit in a cold arena

Reaction Score
UConn appears to have caught a MAJOR break, BC apparently will be sitting starting goalie Thatcher Demko, one of the top goalies in the nation, due to a known chronic hip condition that will require offseason surgery. BC's defense is already lacking a bit with an injury or two, and their backups are nowhere near the caliber of Demko.

Reaction Score
UConn appears to have caught a MAJOR break, BC apparently will be sitting starting goalie Thatcher Demko, one of the top goalies in the nation, due to a known chronic hip condition that will require offseason surgery. BC's defense is already lacking a bit with an injury or two, and their backups are nowhere near the caliber of Demko.

I saw that too but then I looked into their backups and they're no slouches either statistics wise but they are physically smaller in net. Demko is 6-4 (195), Billet is 6-0 (184) and Barone is 5-10 (177).

Reactions: jho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69