UConn MHOC 23-24 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 23-24

Reaction Score
Much of the talk about adding a twelfth men's team to Hockey East centers around Holy Cross, as they are already women's members. The geography works, the Catholic affinity with BC, PC, and Merrimack works, the Boston/NESN alignment works. But the support/attendance doesn't. Last night Merrimack's men won at Holy Cross before a "crowd" of 714.

I doubt Quinnipiac has any interest in leaving the ECAC (easier access to the NCAA tourney) to join HE. Let's go after Sacred Heart. A great upgrade for SHU, with a beautiful new arena, and a geographic travel partner for UConn should HE adopt the Friday/Saturday home-and-home travel model of IVY League basketball.

I've beaten this dead horse for years. Holy Cross adds nothing to the league. But it is inside I-495, which is Boston/NESN speak for "you're one of us."

Reaction Score
Much of the talk about adding a twelfth men's team to Hockey East centers around Holy Cross, as they are already women's members. The geography works, the Catholic affinity with BC, PC, and Merrimack works, the Boston/NESN alignment works. But the support/attendance doesn't. Last night Merrimack's men won at Holy Cross before a "crowd" of 714.

I doubt Quinnipiac has any interest in leaving the ECAC (easier access to the NCAA tourney) to join HE. Let's go after Sacred Heart. A great upgrade for SHU, with a beautiful new arena, and a geographic travel partner for UConn should HE adopt the Friday/Saturday home-and-home travel model of IVY League basketball.

I've beaten this dead horse for years. Holy Cross adds nothing to the league. But it is inside I-495, which is Boston/NESN speak for "you're one of us."
Mike McMahon has been recently speculating what would happen if the Ivy schools broke off from the ECAC.

ECAC
Added: Army, Bentley, Holy Cross, RIT, Sacred Heart
Lost: Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, Yale

The ECAC survives by adding high-quality academic institutions that fit the mold alongside surviving members Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, St. Lawrence, and Union.

Hockey East
Added: Quinnipiac
Lost: None

Quinnipiac's administration has loved rubbing elbows with the Ivy League schools as part of the ECAC. If they're gone, I don't see a reason for Quinnipiac to stay in the ECAC.

Meanwhile, Hockey East has been patient waiting for a 12th team. League presidents want a school that will bring value to the league. Quinnipiac checks off a lot of boxes.

Atlantic Hockey

Added: Long Island, Stonehill, Utica
Lost: Army, Bentley, Holy Cross, RIT, Sacred Heart, Air Force

This makes Atlantic Hockey an eight-team league. For now, it seems that Atlantic Hockey is already exploring expansion, and in this fictional world, they'll add what they can to stay afloat after losing six schools.

Air Force to the CCHA

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
@husky8273 looks like they opened up some more seats for the Saturday game vs Maine.
IMG_2695.png

Reaction Score
You had to figure considering how sales were going with the lower bowl. Good to see.
Is Friday still looking quiet for sales?

Reaction Score
Just curious. My nephew and niece, football season ticketholders, received two complimentary tickets to the Saturday game. I, a long-time hockey season ticketholder, did not. Did any BY hockey season ticketholders receive free tickets?

Reaction Score
Mike McMahon has been recently speculating what would happen if the Ivy schools broke off from the ECAC.

ECAC
Added: Army, Bentley, Holy Cross, RIT, Sacred Heart
Lost: Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, Yale

The ECAC survives by adding high-quality academic institutions that fit the mold alongside surviving members Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, St. Lawrence, and Union.

Hockey East
Added: Quinnipiac
Lost: None

Quinnipiac's administration has loved rubbing elbows with the Ivy League schools as part of the ECAC. If they're gone, I don't see a reason for Quinnipiac to stay in the ECAC.

Meanwhile, Hockey East has been patient waiting for a 12th team. League presidents want a school that will bring value to the league. Quinnipiac checks off a lot of boxes.

Atlantic Hockey

Added: Long Island, Stonehill, Utica
Lost: Army, Bentley, Holy Cross, RIT, Sacred Heart, Air Force

This makes Atlantic Hockey an eight-team league. For now, it seems that Atlantic Hockey is already exploring expansion, and in this fictional world, they'll add what they can to stay afloat after losing six schools.

Air Force to the CCHA
Yes, Quinnipiac's road to Hockey East would be built on the pavement of the Ivies breaking away from the ECAC. No more rubbing elbows with the elites (this is not an indictment of QU, which I admire as an excellent academic institution). Once that is gone, HE will pounce.

Reaction Score
Just curious. My nephew and niece, football season ticketholders, received two complimentary tickets to the Saturday game. I, a long-time hockey season ticketholder, did not. Did any BY hockey season ticketholders receive free tickets?
We have season tickets to football and hockey and we had no offer.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Offering hockey ST holders extra hockey tickets makes no sense.

Reaction Score
You had to figure considering how sales were going with the lower bowl. Good to see.
Is Friday still looking quiet for sales?
Wow, the only tickets available in the lower bowl are handicap seats... is every peewee hockey team in the state attending the game next Saturday?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wow, the only tickets available in the lower bowl are handicap seats... is every peewee hockey team in the state attending the game next Saturday?
Real good chance of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom