UConn mentioned as possible ACC expansion candidate | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn mentioned as possible ACC expansion candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
ND gets a full share of all ACC Network revenues without having to join in football or even add a sixth football game per year.

The ACC Grant of Rights, extended ESPN contract and Network agreements provides ND's other sports a stable home for the next 20 years and specifically states that ND football is not required to join in the next 20 years.
If you are up for a hypothetical (and yes, I know...)

Let's say your life depended on convincing ND to join ACC full time. You value your life and have resources and creativity... where would you begin? What would that carrot look like? Like I said... I KNOW... but in this hypothetical then you die so :p

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you are up for a hypothetical (and yes, I know...)

Let's say your life depended on convincing ND to join ACC full time. You value your life and have resources and creativity... where would you begin? What would that carrot look like? Like I said... I KNOW... but in this hypothetical then you die so :p
You get a like for this: "Sick of Fish Cake"

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
He is worried about another bus way

UConn needs to get into a new conference asap
Yeah, seriously how many press conferences does he need to have promoting how we need more busses and faster trains into NYC? Its like something once a week!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Perhaps strangely, I'd prefer to see Texas, TTech and OU rolling through town than Duke and Syracuse Football. Just sayin.

Fair enough (even though I disagree), but what about in the winter when you have to watch 20 games of UConn/TTech or TCU?

UConn is a basketball school that, much like North Carolina and Louisville, can have a very good football team. It will likely always be that way, and that's not a bad thing.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
ACC flag on order. If I hang it for the Cincy game, does the AD stop by for Eggs Benedict?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
ACC flag on order. If I hang it for the Cincy game, does the AD stop by for Eggs Benedict?

I saw we just put up 5 different flags at 5 consecutive tailgates by the stadium. Each tailgate gets a different flat.

1. B12
2. ACC
3. B1G
4. AAC
5. Big East

We can see which tailgate Benedict stops at for a chat--and then we have our answer! :D

Reaction Score
ND may find it's better to play 2-3 additional ACC games annually than schedule OOC game with Stanford, Texas, etc. If the ACC stays at 8 conf games ND can still maintain its key rivalry games with Mich State, USC and 2 of the service academies. They would also benefit by being able to participate in the ACC Champ game.

ND gets a full share of all ACC Network revenues without having to join in football or even add a sixth football game per year.

The ACC Grant of Rights, extended ESPN contract and Network agreements provides ND's other sports a stable home for the next 20 years and specifically states that ND football is not required to join in the next 20 years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fair enough (even though I disagree), but what about in the winter when you have to watch 20 games of UConn/TTech or TCU?

UConn is a basketball school that, much like North Carolina and Louisville, can have a very good football team. It will likely always be that way, and that's not a bad thing.

The ACC would be better for basketball. But the Big 12 is damned good, and much better than the American. KU, OU, OSU, ISU, Texas and sometimes K-State. I think the Big 12 has more appealing football names on average. The top is similar UT-OU vs FSU-Clemson. But the middle, Ok State, TCU, Baylor, K-state, blows away the middle of the pack in the ACC (most years).

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I like my plan of UConn and North Carolina to the B1G better

Reaction Score
ND may find it's better to play 2-3 additional ACC games annually than schedule OOC game with Stanford, Texas, etc. If the ACC stays at 8 conf games ND can still maintain its key rivalry games with Mich State, USC and 2 of the service academies. They would also benefit by being able to participate in the ACC Champ game.

Why? That goes against everything the Holy Cross Fathers want to get out of having a football program at all, which is national exposure/walking billboard for the university.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Help me understand why this thread has risen from the dead yesterday?
When there's not much to grasp at, straws work. That, and I didn't see the original date when I logged on this morning. Just retreading tires today.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why? That goes against everything the Holy Cross Fathers want to get out of having a football program at all, which is national exposure/walking billboard for the university.

That's what every single football playing university in the country uses its football team for. You think ND can't get that playing in a conference? Certainly if they had joined the Big 10, they could play USC or Stanford every year, plus Navy and reach the entire country easily.

Back before football was televised nationally, the independence mattered. Now it's just ND's boat anchor. A tie to a past long gone and never to return.

Reaction Score
That's what every single football playing university in the country uses its football team for. You think ND can't get that playing in a conference? Certainly if they had joined the Big 10, they could play USC or Stanford every year, plus Navy and reach the entire country easily.

Back before football was televised nationally, the independence mattered. Now it's just ND's boat anchor. A tie to a past long gone and never to return.

The only trouble with what you typed is that the people who run, attend, graduated from and root for ND disagree with you.

On this issue, it is their perception that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom