UConn @ Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Crawford is our only "sharp shooter" and our 3 point game is horrible...

Pastner has really come along way this season...we seem to actually make adjustments and learn from losses...something we didn't do in seasons past...falling to OK State and Cincy has made us better and I think we played very well in our loss to Florida.

wyo angel

spicy. spunky. sassy. an angel in disguise.
Reaction Score
:confused:MG , that helps immensely! whew. hot flash averted :oops:

thank you, tcf15 shabazzle dazzle!

and thank u again U of Memphis. if I'd looked closer at the schedule I'd have seen you were pointing out the fact i was living in the future. :D

Reaction Score
[/sarcasm]

Considering we just lost at home to Cincy by 16 points...I think UConn has a shot. :)

What is it about doomed you don't get?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I just can't seem to get excited despite Memphis being ranked.

There's nobody to hate/wish ill upon. We don't know anything about 90% of the teams we play. Hell, even Siva isn't with Ville anymore.

Is there counseling for this condition?

Reaction Score
Sorry UofMemphis we aren't trying to make friends in the American. You guys can continue to keep your RPI up so it helps us.. But honestly this is a straight up business trip for the 3-time National Champion UConn Huskies tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Can we please be nice to UofMemphis? He just comes here to talks hoops, and is always super respectful of UConn and the posters here.

He's not a PC troll, people.

Agreed, he's always been a respectful poster. I was just making the point (perhaps a bit too strongly) that by the time you're a senior there is a ton of objective data to consider. It's akin to putting your GPA on a resume when you have 25 years of work experience.

Anyway, if we can keep their advantage in the paint and on the boards to a minimum we've got a shot. If we can somehow break even I like our chances.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but we are at war with Memphis tomorrow night!
What's with all this he's a nice poster crap?

UofMemphis Is our sworn Enemy till tomorrow around 9 after that he's cool!

WAR!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Serious and sincere question: Do you really believe that? Your team's chances against Memphis depend on Amidah Brimah?
We can win even if Brimah is a non factor but if he is a beast it will be that much easier!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but we are at war with Memphis tomorrow night!
What's with all this he's a nice poster crap?

UofMemphis Is our sworn Enemy till tomorrow around 9 after that he's cool!

WAR!

UofMemphis seems to be a good dude, but....WAR!....huh....good God, y'all....

Reaction Score
Serious and sincere question: Do you really believe that? Your team's chances against Memphis depend on Amidah Brimah?

He is a big key for UConn this year.

Reaction Score

Makes sense to me. We more or less know what we're going to get from bazz,boat,dd,lasan,gif. Brimah is our only big with the ability to change a game and hes coming off an amazing performance. He's also had some complete duds, whether it be foul trouble or just poor play

Reaction Score
U of M seems like a good dude, leave him be. Thanks for the heads up. Having seen them play a few times they are athletic and can get it going. As you said they don't shoot it particularly well from deep but if they start falling we could be in trouble. When the Huskies go away, especially for the 1st time in front of a big home crowd, teams seem to shoot real well suddenly…LOL

Should be a battle for sure, our guys will need to be as tough as they were against UCF and then some. Don't expect 20 and 8 out of Brimah but if we can get him 25 minutes, 6 and 6 with some blocks and alter some others, we'll be on the right track.

Reaction Score
Memphis is starting 3 seniors and have more on the bench. That is often overlooked and maturity usually means less mistakes. If they are hitting their shots we probably get beat. Memphis will probably get AB into foul trouble early. They have an interior game and drive the lane a lot from what I have seen - UofM can probably tell us more. AB, while showing great poise the other night, hasn't played well yet against a taller, experienced team. Lets hope he has truly made the turn. Otherwise doomed for sure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We can win even if Brimah is a non factor but if he is a beast it will be that much easier!
Makes sense to me. We more or less know what we're going to get from bazz,boat,dd,lasan,gif. Brimah is our only big with the ability to change a game and hes coming off an amazing performance. He's also had some complete duds, whether it be foul trouble or just poor play

I'll put it this way. If Brimah is anywhere near 12 points, 8 boards, 3 blocks and 20 minutes of playing time I like our chances a whole bunch more than if he's 3 points, 4 boards, 2 blocks and 12 minutes.

I'd also like to see Nolan play as well as he did last game. If it's true that he had the flu during the Texas Massacre then that explains a lot. Fighting the flu while on the road and travelling takes much longer to recover from than sitting at your house for 2-5 days.

Reaction Score
If brimah gets a line like 12 points / 8 boards / 3 blocks , our chance to win will be over 75%. vs an elite rebounding team he looked incredible , I wonder how this translates vs Goodwin .

caw

Reaction Score

No, most good teams don't rely on a single role player playing well to win. UConn can win with minimal contribution from Brimah (see Florida win). However, he makes things easier if the defense has to at least account for him.

Napier on the other hand... He has to at least be involved and engaged. If he comes out without energy, UConn will likely flounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom