UConn @ Memphis | The Boneyard

UConn @ Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Picture2.png

I'm expecting 18,000+ to be on hand for this AAC match up...should be a great game!

Memphis will go:

PG - Joe Jackson (five star senior from Memphis)
G - Chris Crawford (four star senior from Memphis)
G - Geron Johnson (four star senior from Dayton OH)
F - Austin Nichols (five star freshman from Memphis)
F - Shaq Goodwin (McDonalds AA Soph from Atlanta GA)
--------------
G - Mike Dixon (Mizzou transfer, senior)
F - David Pellom (George Washington transfer, senior)

last line I saw was Memphis -7

Reaction Score
Everything depends on Amidah Brimah
If he's good for 8 points, 4 blocks and 5 rebounds, UConn should be good to go.
I'm expecting of course 40% from 3.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is one of the 6 games I am excited to watch in conference play this year. Should be a good test for the Huskies, we can definitely use the win.

Reaction Score
UConn has it's own GWU transfer this year in Lasan Kromah. When it was known that they would be transferring, I figured that UConn would be a good landing spot for either since their former head coach, Karl Hobbs, is back on the UConn staff. How has Pellom been doing for Memphis? Kromah has been invaluable for UConn so far, and Ollie will probably have him guard whoever gets the hot hand on Memphis (as long as they play the 1, 2 or 3).

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Pellom has really come on strong...he's coming back from an injury but seems to be healthy now...it's been several years since we've had 3 solid post players.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I really miss the old days. On the night before a league game if you saw an opposing teams signature pop up on the Boneyard you knew right away "fuc& that guy." Now I have to read posts and figure it out :(.

Reaction Score
I can't find what channel the game is on....Comcast is not showing it listed.

U

UCONNfan1

Not to be a d*@k, but what on earth does it matter how many recruiting stars your players got, particularly the seniors?
Since we probably aren't familiar with their players, it gives us a reference point as to how good those kids are supposed to be. I don't disagree that YTD production would probably be a better stat, but I'm sure no harm was meant by our Memphis visitor...

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Pellom seems to be giving solid minuets of late, that was a nice pick up, GW had some players last year it seems like

I just worry about losing 5 of our 7 big minute players next season...having seniors is great...until next season. (see Temple)

But guys like Nick King and Kuran Iverson will get a lot more minutes.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Since we probably aren't familiar with their players, it gives us a reference point as to how good those kids are supposed to be. I don't disagree that YTD production would probably be a better stat, but I'm sure no harm was meant by our Memphis visitor...

I just always remember it's your board, I'm just visiting...but I promise our fans tend to be the hardest on our squad, so fire away.

Reaction Score
Nichols and Goodwin are really nice players. Those two give you guys good anchors to let the guards run amok, and run amok they do, in good and bad ways. Jackson is playing well now, Dixon was earlier--but now Dixon looks to have lost something.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Nichols and Goodwin are really nice players. Those two give you guys good anchors to let the guards run amok, and run amok they do, in good and bad ways. Jackson is playing well now, Dixon was earlier--but now Dixon looks to have lost something.

Dixon had a good game @Temple...15 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds.

I hope he can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog