UConn may be going to the B1G Conference! | The Boneyard

UConn may be going to the B1G Conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That should end the speculation about UConn's demise in WCBB because of being in a weak athletic conference.

I would pay big bucks to have a snapshot of CVS's face when she finds out her reprieve in playing UConn is going to be short-lived. LOL!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I haven't said anything in awhile but that has remained a persistent rumor in central PA.

Reaction Score
th

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Being selfish, I would love this. I think the Big Ten is making a push to spread east. Just saw that the Men's Big 10 Tourney will be held in DC in 2017. Who would be 16? Cincinnati?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
I haven't said anything in awhile but that has remained a persistent rumor in central PA.

And here in Chicago!

Reaction Score
I think UConn would open a new market for the Big Ten (and let's faee it, that is what realignment is all about - markets and $$$) To keep things stable, the penalties for leaving a conference keep getting stiffer. This current conference is such a hodge podge and on the outside looking it at the majors. I think the UConn Women can survive all of this because they are an established brand by themselves.

But overall, UConn needs to find its way into a major conference. Just remaining hopeful that it happens.

Reaction Score
I would be ecstatic if this happens, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Wise.
For every 100,000,000 conference realignment rumors, 1 has come true.
B10 still hasnt seen how its last acquistion went; it's not going to take on more new teams now.

Reaction Score
Finding our way into a major conference, even though we are the basketball capital of the world, will be heavily influenced by Coach Diaco's football team's success. I am impressed by him.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think you guys are a better fit for the ACC, but the B10 would be great from a monetary standpoint. If the B10 expends again then probably the SEC will expand again and add maybe a UNC or NC State and Virginia Tech.

Reaction Score
I am reminded of Geno's comment after winning the Elite Eight game in Lincoln. He commented that if he had anything to say about it, UConn would return to play at Nebraska. Is he a prophet now?

Reaction Score
I like the AAC. I live in Texas and I get to see the UConn boys/girls play every year in Texas. :(

Reaction Score
I like the AAC. I live in Texas and I get to see the UConn boys/girls play every year in Texas. :(
Don't worry, we're not leaving anytime soon. Apparently UConn could win the next 50 NCAA basketball titles and it wouldn't matter because basketball isn't a money sport either.

Reaction Score
That should end the speculation about UConn's demise in WCBB because of being in a weak athletic conference.

I would pay big bucks to have a snapshot of CVS's face when she finds out her reprieve in playing UConn is going to be short-lived. LOL!!

From what I understand(mostly from this board) Rutgers is already on UConn's OOC schedule. Besides, why would anyone believe or even think Rutgers would want to avoid playing UConn? Not only do they own a few wins over the Huskies, but it is Coach Dailey's alma mater.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are a better fit for the ACC, but the B10 would be great from a monetary standpoint. If the B10 expends again then probably the SEC will expand again and add maybe a UNC or NC State and Virginia Tech.

Re" the teams to add to the SEC, I think you are way off base. The teams that they might raid would most certainly be Miami, and FSU. It's a no brainer. Adding the Canes and Noles would be a natural. Florida, Miami, and Fla St would comprise a big chunk of the SEC. They might even considering jettisoning A&M. They really belong in the Big-12. Their move was not one of the most thought out one, IMHO. As to UC, and it's move to the Big10, it might work, but the expansion price of upping the seating capacity of the Rent might be problematic, especially if the taxpayers have to pay the bill, but thats another whole different story. It really hinges on how well the mens football program progresses under Diaco. If UC is admitted to the Big10 expect the football team to be a whipping boy for a number of years, not unlike UC's mens basketball program in the early days of the Big East.
As it is said......................IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Reaction Score
Not true.
I was told that RU and UConn will be playing an OOC game next year @ Uconn. They were trying to schedule it at a neutral site in NYC, but when that couldn't happen, CVS agreed to play in CT. I did not hear it on the Boneyard, but from the RU Cagers Club.

Reaction Score
CV needs UConn more than we need her. She needs exposure in the NYC area !

Reaction Score
I don't think I can take it if this board deconstructs into unbased posts about conference realignment again. Hurts every time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
CV needs UConn more than we need her. She needs exposure in the NYC area !
The B1G got a huge eye opener at the MSG regional with the support of the CT following for the men's team. It did not go unnoticed in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom