UConn/Louisville Prediction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Louisville Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
71-48 ... its senior night so Shoni shimmel will probably shoot Lville out the game lol

Reaction Score
Cardnials are ineffective without Shoni being a big part of their game. MoJef and Bria put the clams on her again. Senoir night for the team and she will force things that will be ineffective. Turn overs will lead to easy baskets. Huskies 75 to 50.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
81-71, the good guys win

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Yes, I agree foul trouble is the biggest concern...I am not anticipating a good night for UConn with the referees. Foul trouble can change the entire momentum of the game. I worry for Stephanie, Breanna or Bria with early fouls. So far this year we have been fortunate with the foul situation which was a good thing given our short bench and injury situation. But, I agree, I think the focus of this game is to take it right at our players and try to get them to foul. Waltz has been has been known to do the unexpected...like steal players who had already given their verbal to CT....oops...I didn't mean to take a cheap shot...oh, heck...sure I did.
I wasn't aware that happened. Who was it?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm a little concerned until I see the flow of the game. But I think the defensive effort that we saw on Saturday continues. Louisville will be lucky to get to 50. Even if we struggle, we'll get 60+.

Look for Stewie and Bria to star yet again. Moriah will shine, Stef will be solid, Kaleena will have her touch, and Kiah will block and board.

Prediction: 72-51.

Reaction Score
76-67 UConn. Lousiville is going to give us a game - it's senior night for Shoni and she will draw a lot of energy from the crowd.
I can assure you that Senior Night doesn't always work out for a team's star. I know we've had a couple of our seniors play pretty badly, trying to do too much instead of playing their normal (high level) game. I think it happens much more often than a player plays "especially well" in her last home court appearance.

Reaction Score
I'm going to predict UConn winning by a score of 81-62 as the Huskies pull away toward the end of the game.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I can assure you that Senior Night doesn't always work out for a team's star. I know we've had a couple of our seniors play pretty badly, trying to do too much instead of playing their normal (high level) game. I think it happens much more often than a player plays "especially well" in her last home court appearance.

Well, Shoni and Jude do tend to have big games when it really means something to them. For instance, their mother said she would formally marry their father if they beat Baylor, and so they did (Louisville won and their folks got legally wed). This time they have tribal reps from all over America coming to see them for Shoni's senior night. They will want to represent. They want to beat UConn and share the conference championship. They want a #1 seed at home. Now will it happen? I do not know....but I think we are getting a need for mojo correction on this thread. 'Cause we have been tempting the mojo flow today. JMO.

Reaction Score
I am more nervous about this game than i have been for any other game so far this year. I still think UCONN comes home with the win but think it might be more of a challenge than the first. The only prediction I am making is that Jeff Walz wears either a checked or paid shirt.

Reaction Score
UConn 72-63 Ville

Louisville comes out with off-the-charts energy and keeps it close for most of the first half. We take a small lead into halftime, 37-32. In the second half we really clamp down on defense and build a 15 point lead, which oscillates between 10-18 for most of the duration. Shoni hits a few meaningless 3's late to make the margin look closer than it was and to ruin our streak of double-digit wins.

Reaction Score
85-58 UConn. Stewie with 27 pts and KML hits 5 treys for 19 pts.

Reaction Score
Watch the 1st 6 to 8 minutes of each half and your will know the final outcome...Walz has a coaching advantage over all the coaching in the AAC but Geno and Geno has 4 AA to do his talking........UCONN by 24

Reaction Score
73-53 UCONN-expect a typical slow start from our Huskies which the YUM Center rocking-wouldn't be surprised with 35-18 type halftime score. Louisville only gets to 50 after(if) Geno calls off the dogs!!

Reaction Score
I am going with a huge win for our Huskies

UConn: 78
U of L: 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads