UConn/ISU game thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn/ISU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Kind of bush stealing the ball from the guy who's clearly running out the clock?

Reaction Score
this game was a microcosm of the entire season... no consistency, no effort, and just when they look dead, they show some fight. Then just when you think they can put something together, they wilt in the end.
Down 6 with the ball and we had a chance to put some serious pressure on ISU. Instead, we give up 10 straight points.
At least Lamb and Drummond's stock won't be going up during the tourney. Drummond definitely isn't ready for the NBA. Physically yes, mentally not even close.

Reaction Score
Not sure if Lamb missed the dunk on purpose realizing what he just did, either way a dumb@ss thing to do.

Reaction Score
ive never hated anything a husky has done more than what jeremy just tried to pull

actually its kinda perfect...

in a normal world these kids would come back and get better but now they will go to the nba if they are top ten.

tough loss but we won last year and I am not one for being greedy.

I look forward to next year.

Reaction Score
Not sure if Lamb missed the dunk on purpose realizing what he just did, either way a dumb@ss thing to do.

No, he just tanked it. Sort of a fitting exclamation point for this season.

Reaction Score
this game was a microcosm of the entire season... no consistency, no effort, and just when they look dead, they show some fight. Then just when you think they can put something together, they wilt in the end.
Down 6 with the ball and we had a chance to put some serious pressure on ISU. Instead, we give up 10 straight points.
At least Lamb and Drummond's stock won't be going up during the tourney. Drummond definitely isn't ready for the NBA. Physically yes, mentally not even close.
Lamb at the end proves what I've been saying all season. They played cocky. Oh well, moving on.

Reaction Score
Lamb is a paper lion, how pathetic. Kind of underscores what I feel was his attitude all year, that he was simply waiting for the draft. I don't expect him to be in the NBA for very long, but I wish he had been there this year.

OTOH, I have great respect for Iowa State. They WON the game, it wasn't given to them. They came out and took it, and Royce is a kid I am not ashamed to cheer for.

Reaction Score
actually its kinda perfect...

in a normal world these kids would come back and get better but now they will go to the nba if they are top ten.

tough loss but we won last year and I am not one for being greedy.

I look forward to next year.

I just hope this APR nonsense goes away. Plenty of talent coming back (Daniels, Smith, Giffey, Boatright, Napier), and they are still likely to land one of the remaining recruits...as long as the apr crap is taken care of, and they are eligible for the tournament.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
well, let's hope they all get another shot at a run next season.
The post season ban next year will likely be a non-issue since next season will be a St. John's-like rebuilding season. We had a lousy season with all of this individual talent, what do you think will happen next year losing two or three starters, Shabazz with a potential chronic foot problem, uncertainty about JC's future, only a single incoming recruit, and few unsigned top recruits available. It looks like it will be a long season. JC will likely need to go the junior college route to fill the roster. I'm willing to bet there were no tears shed in the UCONN locker room after this game. I think they are happy the season is over rather than crushed over losing. Very un-UCONN like.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The team we played in the first round this year was better than the team we played in the finals last year. Iowa State can win it.

Haha...they may be better than Butler, but they aren't that great. This loss is completely on the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I know we're not suppose to speculate on tranferss, but the NY Times wrote that Alex may be transferring. What happened tonight may seal the deal. I was surprised he didn't play in the 2nd half, IMO he was more effective than Andre.

Reaction Score
So....we've decided it's over.

animalhouse_toga.jpg

Reaction Score
I will actually be very disappointed if he decides to stay. He just doesn't make the team better.
He was good when he played with hunger. Why did he even come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom