UConn is No. 1 in the polls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn is No. 1 in the polls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What information have you got that leads you to that conclusion? I thought that we were a good candidate for the ACC three years ago, but that didn't happen. The Big 10 seems like a stretch to me. What do you know?
The information is Jim Delany's words and actions plus logic. The B10 has made a very specific opening move for the 60+ million person northeast market by acquiring Rutgers and Maryland. They've opened up offices in New York. Logic, I would argue, tells us two schools (three if you count Penn State) don't create enough compelling interest to secure the region for the B10 to the same degree the other 11 schools do for an equal 60+ million person midwest region. The only two reasonably qualified "free agents" in the northeast are us and Temple. Penn State and Rutgers already secure eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Temple would just be excess baggage. Maryland secures D.C./Baltimore. New York/Boston and New England, however, have not been secured and that means us. Q.E.D.

Reaction Score
The information is Jim Delany's words and actions plus logic. The B10 has made a very specific opening move for the 60+ million person northeast market by acquiring Rutgers and Maryland. They've opened up offices in New York. Logic, I would argue, tells us two schools (three if you count Penn State) don't create enough compelling interest to secure the region for the B10 to the same degree the other 11 schools do for an equal 60+ million person midwest region. The only two reasonably qualified "free agents" in the northeast are us and Temple. Penn State and Rutgers already secure eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Temple would just be excess baggage. Maryland secures D.C./Baltimore. New York/Boston and New England, however, have not been secured and that means us. Q.E.D.
Well I certainly hope that your logical analysis comes to fruition.

If football is the thing that's keeping us out of a P5 conference, playing Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland et al should solve our attendance problems.

This is a great market and it should have already have appeared to be one that had to be acquired by one of the major conferences. You make the right points in your post describing just how attractive an institrution that we really are.

Does anyone know if Big 10 officials read The Boneyard?

Reaction Score
We have both a Football board and a Conference Realignment Board here on the Boneyard. I just thought a UConn team going for a three-peat deserved its own thread.
Going for a third consecutive NC? Wow! Maybe it's time to start a Women's Field Hockey board.

Reaction Score
We have both a Football board and a Conference Realignment Board here on the Boneyard. I just thought a UConn team going for a three-peat deserved its own thread.

Uconn%202014%20National%20Field%20Hockey%20Champions.jpg
A thread that doesn't stray from the original topic. What a concept!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom