UConn is accepting applications and nominations for a FT Assistant Football Coach (Offensive Line) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn is accepting applications and nominations for a FT Assistant Football Coach (Offensive Line)

Reaction Score
In all honesty, If Justice is the guy, that he sticks around for awhile.. Most folks have been migrating away from New England lately... Can't be a one and done hire...

Reaction Score
In all honesty, If Justice is the guy, that he sticks around for awhile.. Most folks have been migrating away from New England lately... Can't be a one and done hire...

Grain Justice is not going back to Lane Kiffin and FAU they just hired an O-line coach

FAU: Source tells FootballScoop UNLV offensive line coach John Garrison will be the new offensive line coach at FAU. Garrison has served as UNLV’s OL coach since 2015. He previously had coached offensive line at Nebraska as well.

Reaction Score

Seems from his resume that G. Justice would Be a coach who would like to see things through and thru getting us back to a winning program.
Reading this thread, this coach was tabbed by Rich Rod to run an OL at a P5 school this year until Rich Rod @###@$%. Has turned around a D2 Program. Part of the success at FAU.
Looks like he had to work very hard for everything . Could be a GREAT fit.
Will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Grain Justice is not going back to Lane Kiffin and FAU they just hired an O-line coach

FAU: Source tells FootballScoop UNLV offensive line coach John Garrison will be the new offensive line coach at FAU. Garrison has served as UNLV’s OL coach since 2015. He previously had coached offensive line at Nebraska as well.

Lol... welp, looks like FAU and UNLV worked out a trade:;)

ThisIsUConnCountry on Twitter
Well then, back to the speculation #UConnFootball

Reaction Score
Not sure I like Garin's statement, "If you have a good back you can make a good offensive line. If you have a good offensive line you can't necessarily make a good back."
You can't make a good offensive line without good backs? I always thought you needed a good offensive line so that backs could be good. You can't tell me Arkeel Newsome wouldn't have been a much better back if he had a good offensive line in front of him. One thing I like is that he was an offensive lineman for West Virginia. Can he recruit O-lineman in the North to come to UConn? Can he talk kids in the South to go North?

Sometimes running backs have to be patient and wait for the blocks to develop. Then there are guys who can just make people miss and run through tackles. The best backs can do both wait for the blocks to develop one play, and make something out of nothing the next. Of course you still don't know that SMU is in the AAC, so nobody is surprised that you'd miss that point.

That may be the lowest bar I've seen for a position coach at UConn.

Three years employment in college or pro football in the past ten years.

Three years in the past 10 is the minimum, but 5 years coaching at the D1 level is the preferred. Sounds like someone who, over the past 10 years, has spent 5 years in the NCAA, and 3 in the NFL. I don't think that bar is too low.

Reaction Score
Sometimes running backs have to be patient and wait for the blocks to develop. Then there are guys who can just make people miss and run through tackles. The best backs can do both wait for the blocks to develop one play, and make something out of nothing the next. Of course you still don't know that SMU is in the AAC, so nobody is surprised that you'd miss that point

Ah, that kind of is my point. Lashlee went to SMU because he has a better chance to recruit the offensive talent capable of implementing his vision, but I'm not surprised you missed THAT POINT!

Reaction Score
Ah, that kind of is my point. Lashlee went to SMU because he has a better chance to recruit the offensive talent capable of implementing his vision, but I'm not surprised you missed THAT POINT!
dr-evil-austin-powers-yeah-right-meme.jpg

Reaction Score

other reasons

Talent/recruiting
Less travel while recruiting
Family/Closer to home
Christian culture
Politically Conservative
Weather
Booming Economy
No state income taxes
Lower cost of housing
Cowboy boots/hats
Country Western singers
BBQ
Southern Hospitality

And the most important reason - you can get grits with your eggs at the diner!

Reaction Score
other reasons

Talent/recruiting
Less travel while recruiting
Family/Closer to home
Christian culture
Politically Conservative
Weather
Booming Economy
No state income taxes
Lower cost of housing
Cowboy boots/hats
Country Western singers
BBQ
Southern Hospitality

And the most important reason - you can get grits with your eggs at the diner!
Carl, most of your points are true, but housing prices are high near SMU with many of the neighborhoods having median house prices in the $1 to $2 million area well above any place in CT outside of Fairfield County.

Sure, Texas doesn't have an income tax, but they have higher sales tax (8.19% vs 6.35% in CT) and high real estate taxes.

Reaction Score
Do we know when the offensive line coach will be announced. The two football job postings said will be removed at 11:59pm, but haven’t been removed yet. Any news?

Reaction Score
The two football job postings said will be removed at 11:59pm, but haven’t been removed yet.

“This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on January 24, 2018.”

Today is the 24th and 11:59pm hasn’t come yet?

Reaction Score
Can we get the Husky-signal already...Workday's over, weekend's pretty much here... job posting's off the board...

Reaction Score
all coaches are out and about travelling to different high schools at different recruiting locations around the country... This is moreso for 2019...

Reaction Score
I really hope he isn’t a candidate. He doesn’t really hit any of the qualifications.
More likely, HCRE visited a current / future recruit, stopped to chat with a HS coach (Kelley) he may respect, etc. If a candidate "... doesn’t really hit any of the qualifications", what's the likelihood he would be considered?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom