UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still am a firm believer that he needs to overhaul his shooting mechanics. That box score will not result in a long NBA career. They will move onto the next potential player quickly. He is so athletic, has great BBIQ, plays solid D and rebounds but, as I said last year, he will have trouble getting off his shot in the NBA. This is a shooters/scorers league.
I agree with this.

Everyone loves the guys whose contributions don't show up in the box score, but there's a limit there -- at some point it's gotta translate to things you can count (points, assists, boards, steals, blocks, defensive things in the advanced metrics).

Even a low-scoring glue guy like Draymond Green fills it up in other ways.

Reaction Score
You guys are missing the point. If he had a shot likes Hawk’s, which is an unreasonable comparison, what do you think his ceiling would be? How about a shot like Josh Hart?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I agree with this.

Everyone loves the guys whose contributions don't show up in the box score, but there's a limit there -- at some point it's gotta translate to things you can count (points, assists, boards, steals, blocks, defensive things in the advanced metrics).

Your view on everything isn't glass half-empty, it's glass fell on the floor and shattered and now we're dying of thirst. Doesn't it ever get tiring?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Andre’s boxscore doesn’t look great but wait - they won without their superstar. The one thing I have learned with Andre - winning is all that matters.
This is true. I'm not dumping on him, love the kid (see avatar). Given his court awareness and penchant for always being in the right place, I was just somewhat surprised at the low rebounds as Toronto had a ton of ORebs. Not worried about the scoring, and he did end up with a +9.
How do picks that lead to open 3's make the box score?
Good point.

Reaction Score
He’s played 7 games so far. Some of you were complaining about how he hurt the team last year for crying out loud. That take still looks bad. Give him time. I have family in Wisconsin and I’ve been told the fanbase loves him. He’ll be fine.

Reaction Score
He’s played 7 games so far. Some of you were complaining about how he hurt the team last year for crying out loud. That take still looks bad. Give him time. I have family in Wisconsin and I’ve been told the fanbase loves him. He’ll be fine.
He was because the staff was using him the wrong way, it was 5 on 4 for us on offense once teams figured out how to play us and before coach made the switch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He was because the staff was using him the wrong way, it was 5 on 4 for us on offense once teams figured out how to play us and before coach made the switch.
He can’t be on the floor without 4 scorers at this point. If he is, he’s probably a net positive. If not, he’s going to make things hard for them. Bucks will find ways to use him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Crowder got hurt and the NBA rests guys.
So what? Why didn't one of the 5 other guys who came off the bench in the DNP games get the start? You mansplainers are so boring.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So what? Why didn't one of the 5 other guys who came off the bench in the DNP games get the start? You mansplainers are so boring.
You don’t get to be confused when Andre goes back to the bench.

Reaction Score
Literally read the rest of the post lmao.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don’t get to be confused when Andre goes back to the bench.
Of course he's starting because of injury. I don't need you knuckleheads to tell me that. My point was they could have given that start to any of the guys on the bench but they gave it to Andre, and I'm looking it as a positive. A reward for his work to date. You guys can go pee on someone else's corn flakes.

Reaction Score
Mansplainers...
NJkIw5wfnM3e0.gif

Reaction Score
Of course he's starting because of injury. I don't need you knuckleheads to tell me that. My point was they could have given that start to any of the guys on the bench but they gave it to Andre, and I'm looking it as a positive. A reward for his work to date. You guys can go pee on someone else's corn flakes.
I have mansplained a thing or two in my time, for sure. Consider I was posting not just for your benefit, but for those who may not follow as closely. Just because I replied to you does not mean you're the entire audience of the post.

My favorite part is when you complained about mansplaining you also asked a question that's literally already been answered in the man'splaining

And yes, this response is mainsplaining how forums work to you.

Reaction Score
I agree with this.

How about counting Wins.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have mansplained a thing or two in my time, for sure. Consider I was posting not just for your benefit, but for those who may not follow as closely. Just because I replied to you does not mean you're the entire audience of the post.

My favorite part is when you complained about mansplaining you also asked a question that's literally already been answered in the man'splaining

And yes, this response is mainsplaining how forums work to you.
What was that again? I wasn't paying attention.

Reaction Score
You guys are missing the point. If he had a shot likes Hawk’s, which is an unreasonable comparison, what do you think his ceiling would be? How about a shot like Josh Hart?
He’d be on track for the Hall of Fame if he had Hawks shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog