UConn in final 7 for Montez Mathis | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn in final 7 for Montez Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does this kid's game resemble Prince Ali from a few years back?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Get him in the truck - this would be a really nice jump start to the recruiting season.

Reaction Score
Haven't been following closely. Is this kid supposed to announce soon? Seems like a lot of activity on his recruitment the last two days.

Reaction Score
Haven't been following closely. Is this kid supposed to announce soon? Seems like a lot of activity on his recruitment the last two days.
He said something like 'a couple days to a couple weeks' away from making an announcement, and noted he wanted to make it soon and was close to a decision. Should know any time now.

Reaction Score
I'm here in its close with ru slight leader. Closer then i originally heard

Reaction Score
Look at his re-tweets. The UCONN ones are all pro-UCONN (talking about great guards and National Championships). The RU ones are all anti-UCONN (talking about our "crap conference" and not time-traveling to the past).

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but if you're seriously considering a school do you re-tweet someone trolling that school's conference affiliation?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Look at his re-tweets. The UCONN ones are all pro-UCONN (talking about great guards and National Championships). The RU ones are all anti-UCONN (talking about our "crap conference" and not time-traveling to the past).

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but if you're seriously considering a school do you re-tweet someone trolling that school's conference affiliation?
This is too funny. Rutgers would sell their first born to be what UConn is. Time travel...LOL Rutgers needs to time travel to a time when they were good at hoops...oops that's never. So maybe the future? Or maybe just an alternate dimension.

Reaction Score
I'm here in its close with ru slight leader. Closer then i originally heard
Hmmmm.....do i want to be a loser or a winner..........tough choice.

Reaction Score
I hope we get this kid but if we don't people just need to let it go and move on. I don't buy that Ollie and the staff would've got outworked if he chooses Rutgers. The kid even said Ollie has been recruiting him since middle school. Right now Ollie and Chillious are putting the full press on the kid. While I understand the frustration, if the kid chooses Rutgers then that tells us all we need to know about him. Mathis will definitely not make or break the future of the UConn program but striking out on all our big targets will.

Reaction Score
I hope we get this kid but if we don't people just need to let it go and move on. I don't buy that Ollie and the staff would've got outworked if he chooses Rutgers. The kid even said Ollie has been recruiting him since middle school. Right now Ollie and Chillious are putting the full press on the kid. While I understand the frustration, if the kid chooses Rutgers then that tells us all we need to know about him. Mathis will definitely not make or break the future of the UConn program but striking out on all our big targets will.

Just as an FYI, go look at verbalcommits.

UConn is not in on any other top 100 SG.

This kid is practically a must-get at this point for that position.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Ahh, the old eggs in one basket trick. Let's hope we finally win one. RU has plan B,C,D they've been tracking. Pisses me off, they are UConn guys leading that wreck. Somebody is going to be left unhappy.

Reaction Score
Um, no.....we can't lose targets to Rutgers....tell him what he wants to hear and just get him here.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

Reddish? Or is he considered small forward?

Reaction Score

I see your point but no one recruit is a must get. If we strike out on Mathis, Carey and Mucius then I'll worry. Unless we get Akinjo, Dort, Iggy and Carigan instead.

Reaction Score
I see your point but no one recruit is a must get. If we strike out on Mathis, Carey and Mucius then I'll worry. Unless we get Akinjo, Dort, Iggy and Carigan instead.

I have a feeling we go 1-6 with that group. Akinjo being the 1.

Reaction Score
Reddish? Or is he considered small forward?

Kid is 6'8 200lbs. Very much a small forward, might even play facilitating stretch 4 in college if he can shoot well enough

Reaction Score

If we lose recruits to Rutgers for a top 100 guy that supposedly we've been recruiting since middle school, we won't get any of the other guys who were recruiting who are higher ranked in general and have much better offers that we are competing with. The only guy other than Mathis we are neck and neck with is Carey who has many top schools after him. We are trailing on the Mucius, Carrigan, Reddish, and Akinjo trail. Dort and Weaver we are out of the race.

Husky99 keeps telling us supposedly that Ollie and the staff keeps get outworked on the recruiting trail. With the seasons we've been having lately and with the guys we have on the staff I don't know how that's possible if true.

PS: Good recruiters don't miss on so many guys in the 70-100 range who Calhoun routinely got without sweating.

PS: If we miss on Carey I want Killings gone as recruiting with him has gone downhill. Bring Glenn Miller back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom