Uconn hits a low GSR rate of 8% - national average @ 70 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn hits a low GSR rate of 8% - national average @ 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't the 2005-2010 time when Calhoun had yearly health problems? I know he was absent multiple times for them.
As one who has had multiple health problems since 06 I can tell you your mine says go but your body says no.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It looks like there are 5 guys who were in school for a full 8 semesters in that time frame - Austrie, Dyson, Edwards, Adrien, Mandeldove. One graduated.

That isn't a big enough sample to get worked up about, especially since the next wave (Kemba, Donnell, Chuck) graduated - assuming Kemba took care of his last few credits.

I know Dyson graduated but wasn't aware Austrie didn't. That's kind of surprising.

Reaction Score
The black eye is that many of the non-graduates are millionaires. Drummond counts against us.

Guys like Tony Robertson who came back and got their degrees years later don't count. So any of the current group who come back later, will they still count against us. Guys who transferred and get their degrees elsewhere count against us even though they graduated.

In short, we are not as bad as that 8% makes us sound. Our numbers will never compete with Sacred Heart or Sienna. We are just a completely different case than most of the nation.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Graduation rates by any criteria are an awful way to measure the value of a student's experience at a university. It's a metric that doesn't even scratch the surface, actually. Drawing conclusions one way or the other is to give the subject more time than it merits.

Poor science makes me sad. People will believe anything if it has a percent sign attached.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Graduation rates by any criteria are an awful way to measure the value of a student's experience at a university. It's a metric that doesn't even scratch the surface, actually. Drawing conclusions one way or the other is to give the subject more time than it merits.

Poor science makes me sad. People will believe anything if it has a percent sign attached.
And this is the crux of the matter. Nicely stated!

Reaction Score
How does a Wolf situation effect the graduation?
Since he wouldn't have been a scholarship player is he out of the mix?

Reaction Score
The black eye is that many of the non-graduates are millionaires. Drummond counts against us.
Drummond was a walk on.
Guys like Tony Robertson who came back and got their degrees years later don't count. So any of the current group who come back later, will they still count against us. Guys who transferred and get their degrees elsewhere count against us even though they graduated.

In short, we are not as bad as that 8% makes us sound. Our numbers will never compete with Sacred Heart or Sienna. We are just a completely different case than most of the nation.

Reaction Score

Curious - Which schools would you put into the mix of the schools we should be competing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom