UConn hires Raphael Chillious | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn hires Raphael Chillious

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is like throwing a raft out to someone who can't swim. Yeah, great or decent recruiter, but doesn't solve the coaching issues.. Yawn... and before anyone quotes my post and brings out the Pom Poms, I don't care.. sad we are getting excited over a coach leaving, accepting players leaving and oh our strength coach walks.. I'm psyched.. Not

Yep, subpar results and we should have stuck with status quo. Zero need to try and improve by mixing things up. Makes sense.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Oh wow, I'm only a sentence in and already somehow I'm the loser....not the fake car wash guy.

Pretty sure? You can't even commit to being an internet tuff guy.

Chillious is not going to be a silver bullet, the program has problems beyond recruiting, but if you get a chance to nab an ace recruiter you do it, even if you have needs in other areas. Next year is probably going to suck, but I'm on board with trying it with different coaching pieces in place. A year like this demands a blood sacrifice, and KO is the face of the program and the AD isn't giving up on him yet so assistant coaching needed a shake up. Other people have said it better than me in this, and other, threads.

Ahhhhhahahaha, this is next level stuff! "MODS QUICK, I need you to save me from myself and purge any traces of my sh!ty posting history! Also, I'm going to make a new site without all the phonies where everyone can post their opinion as long as they're not mean to meeeeeeeeeee"
Yes you are..

No I am sure not pretty sure

Yeah keep accepting mediocrity and making excuses for Ollie.. our problem is not with recruiting go grab an X's and O's guy, oh wait Ollie runs a pro system .. one guy dribbles while the others just stand around and watch, great system.. next year will be worse than this

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Yes you are..

No I am sure not pretty sure

Yeah keep accepting mediocrity and making excuses for Ollie.. our problem is not with recruiting go grab an X's and O's guy, oh wait Ollie runs a pro system .. one guy dribbles while the others just stand around and watch, great system.. next year will be worse than this

You still here? Let me help get you started.....

RealHuskySiteNotLikeTheFakeOtherOnes.com

IMadePoorLifeChoicesAboutACarWashAndIHaveRegretHuskyNews.info

BonePlaceSucksAndOllieSucksAndIWillFiteYouForReal.info

Reaction Score
Get a life you loser.. I'm pretty sure I'd say it to your face.. go ahead get excited about hiring a coach who can recruit.. if he can coach he would be a head coach some where. Everyone with the Ollie Pom Poms will be crying get rid of him with another season like this past one. This board sucks really, anyone who shares an opinion right or wrong and all of a sudden they're wrong blah blah blah..

Who moderates this site? PM ME so I can delete this account. Anyone interested in a real site where you can actually share an opinion can join the new site I'll create.

Or, without wasting the moderators time, you could just stop loggin into it? Just sayin ....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Who moderates this site? PM ME so I can delete this account. Anyone interested in a real site where you can actually share an opinion can join the new site I'll create.

Haven't you asked them to do this before? How'd that work out?

Reaction Score
I've far from the most positive poster on this board, but lol at some of the criticism of this hiring.

The recruiting has been pretty good the past two years, and Ollie has surrounded himself wit both two guys who should make it even better. The jury is still out on the staff getting the most out of the players' talent (or even keeping them), but Killings and Chillious long term more than offset the short-term departures.
I admire your optimism and positive perspective but understand that you have ZERO data upon which to base the statement, "Killings and Chillious long term more than offset the short-term departures". That is nothing more than wishful thinking. It would be great if that is how it plays out but we have no way to know it will...or won't.

Reaction Score
I admire your optimism and positive perspective but understand that you have ZERO data upon which to base the statement, "Killings and Chillious long term more than offset the short-term departures". That is nothing more than wishful thinking. It would be great if that is how it plays out but we have no way to know it will...or won't.
Yes, that's called a projection. I figured that was self-explanatory.

I'm not predicting future greatness, but I'm in the camp that felt the coaching staff was in major need of upgrades. Killings and Chillious could be a step in that direction.

Reaction Score
Get a life you loser.. I'm pretty sure I'd say it to your face.. go ahead get excited about hiring a coach who can recruit.. if he can coach he would be a head coach some where. Everyone with the Ollie Pom Poms will be crying get rid of him with another season like this past one. This board sucks really, anyone who shares an opinion right or wrong and all of a sudden they're wrong blah blah blah..

Reaction Score

Wow you are a child . . .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Get a life you loser.. I'm pretty sure I'd say it to your face.. go ahead get excited about hiring a coach who can recruit.. if he can coach he would be a head coach some where.

lmao So no experienced assistant coaches anywhere can coach? That makes exactly zero sense. In fact, assistant coaches are often better at the day to day coaching than HCs.

Reaction Score
lmao So no experienced assistant coaches anywhere can coach? That makes exactly zero sense. In fact, assistant coaches are often better at the day to day coaching than HCs.
Well, if that's the case, we've replaced one loser with another. Hopefully our loser is slightly less loser-ish than who he replaced.

Reaction Score
That's how you know Buster @Athlete94 doesn't know the first thing about basketball. Looks like he expects our coaching staff to be filled with proven head coaches

Reaction Score
That's how you know Buster @Athlete94 doesn't know the first thing about basketball. Looks like he expects our coaching staff to be filled with proven head coaches

I ignored this db and so should all of you. Not worth the back and forth.

Reaction Score
Wasn't athlete94 the guy from the car wash???? People probably should have stopped listening to anything he has to say a while ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom