UConn hires Raphael Chillious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doug Wrenn who seemed to have so much potential. If Texas counts Jake

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Honest question, who were the west coast guys on the NC teams? You may have a Valid point, but if so, I am not remembering them. Peace.
D. Daniels was one. Marcus Williams another. I think that's it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Team of the Century‏ @HuskyCentury 60m60 minutes ago
Team of the Century Retweeted UConn Men's Hoops

"He’s worked with me almost every off-season to take my game to another level...he’s one of the best recruiters..." per Isaiah Thomas folks

Said Chillious: “It’s going to sound cliché, but the thing that made UConn attractive to me is UConn — one of the best brand names in college basketball, four national championships. Historically, UConn recruits high-level student-athletes and produces big-time pros.

“Then, obviously, there is Kevin Ollie with his passion for UConn basketball and passion in general and his vision for this program — winning championships. I’ve had a relationship with KO since 1996, so it’s not like I’m coming to work for somebody I don’t know.”

How's this for passion and PR !!!

Reaction Score
Said Chillious: “It’s going to sound cliché, but the thing that made UConn attractive to me is UConn — one of the best brand names in college basketball, four national championships. Historically, UConn recruits high-level student-athletes and produces big-time pros.

“Then, obviously, there is Kevin Ollie with his passion for UConn basketball and passion in general and his vision for this program — winning championships. I’ve had a relationship with KO since 1996, so it’s not like I’m coming to work for somebody I don’t know.”

How's this for passion and PR !!!

This hiring is the first real reason for optimism in awhile. Hope he thrives here.

Reaction Score
Some people obviously knew this was a done deal. Slater and Meyer are very plugged in recruiting guys. They wouldn't have predicted Harris to UCONN without the Chillious intel. I guess its not a huge national story but I don't totally understand why/how some stories get sat on and then people decide to run with other stories that aren't even true. Possibly the magnitude of the story, or more likely, not wanting to ruin connections.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
West Coast UCONN Huskies-
Donny Marshall - Federal Way, Washington
Brian Fair -- Arizona
Kevin Ollie - LA,
Travis Knight - Sandy, Utah
Marcus Williams - Cali

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Team of the Century‏ @HuskyCentury 60m60 minutes ago
Team of the Century Retweeted UConn Men's Hoops

"He’s worked with me almost every off-season to take my game to another level...he’s one of the best recruiters..." per Isaiah Thomas folks

goshdarn. That's what I'm talking about. "what, you're a little short? No problem, turned my guy IT into an elite player". AG sure as shiitaki ain't goin anywhere.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
West Coast UCONN Huskies-
Donny Marshall - Federal Way, Washington
Brian Fair -- Arizona
Kevin Ollie - LA,
Travis Knight - Sandy, Utah
Marcus Williams - Cali

Don't forget Deandre Daniels and Dham.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I guess its not a huge national story but I don't totally understand why/how some stories get sat on and then people decide to run with other stories that aren't even true. Possibly the magnitude of the story, or more likely, not wanting to ruin connections.

This. Especially if you're a media member in the prognostication business. And this crystal ball thing is kind of a hack around that issue.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Marcus Johnson.

Forgot about 'ol MJ. If we are including guys who transferred though, the list gets a little longer. Wrenn, Vance, and....damn it just slipped my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom