UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just another interesting tidbit. I live well within the Boston DMA and not far from the Providence DMA yet I just installed an Android app that prefilled my local sports teams based on location as: Sox, Pats, Bruins, Celtics and UConn Huskies men's basketball. No default college football team.

Relevant in New England? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Just another interesting tidbit. I live well within the Boston DMA and not far from the Providence DMA yet I just installed an Android app that prefilled my local sports teams based on location as: Sox, Pats, Bruins, Celtics and UConn Huskies men's basketball. No default college football team.

Relevant in New England? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. Relevant, because everything else was a professional team, except for the obvious choice in New England for an NCAA team....:p

Reaction Score
Nice win by the Huskies on Saturday - though it felt like I was watching the ACC game of the weak. Clearly the huskies clearly wanted the game a bit more than Louisville did, so congrats to them. Even more clear, was that I was wrong about PP's coaching ability - he is a genius and you all are lucky to have him. I look forward to him stalking the uconn sidelines for the rest of the decade. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the win is worth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-and-lure-louisville-before-bringing-in-uconn

Reaction Score
The ACC could not make this jump so quickly. If they lose Florida with FSU and Clemson defections, they have to save a space for USF.
They would probably need both UCF and USF to make a dent in the Florida college football market to weakly compete with Florida, FSU, and they have Miami. I don't think that is happening.
I know USF pretty well (almost transferred there) and they are the dumping ground for every idiot professor in the state university system with tenure. The USF Arab professor fired and deported a few years ago is one example. The ACC would likely skip it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Nice win by the Huskies on Saturday - though it felt like I was watching the ACC game of the weak. Clearly the huskies clearly wanted the game a bit more than Louisville did, so congrats to them. Even more clear, was that I was wrong about PP's coaching ability - he is a genius and you all are lucky to have him. I look forward to him stalking the uconn sidelines for the rest of the decade. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the win is worth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-and-lure-louisville-before-bringing-in-uconn

More than a bleacherreport article, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
They would probably need both UCF and USF to make a dent in the Florida college football market to weakly compete with Florida, FSU, and they have Miami. I don't think that is happening.
I know USF pretty well (almost transferred there) and they are the dumping ground for every idiot professor in the state university system with tenure. The USF Arab professor fired and deported a few years ago is one example. The ACC would likely skip it.

I don't even know what this means. Professors don't transfer between schools in the same system. I was rejected by a podunk outpost in the hinterlands that wanted me to teach a 5/5, in the same year that I landed a post at the state's crown jewel.

Reaction Score

What do you guys call it when a ghost disappears then reappears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom