Uconn Football Tweet April 3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uconn Football Tweet April 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kraft is a snake, but without his snub The Rent doesn't get approved and built practically overnight.

Kraft is a nice guy who does a lot for charity. Anybody who ever thought that the Patriots were coming to Harford was delusional. They did want to go to South Boston however.

Reaction Score
1) the Yale bowl is far closer to the 3 largest cities (and located in the 2nd largest city).
2) The Game has been established over generations. Which reinforces my point about not using Iowa or B1G programs.
3) There were at least 10-15,000 Michigan fans at that game. I have friends who are Michigan fans who drove 3 hours to that game who would never go to another game at the Rent unless it involved Michigan.
4) Totally pointless data. It is data for ONE game, played every other year. What's Yale's attendance the rest of the season?
5) That data is 30+ years old and ignores the more relevant data which shows declining attendance across multiple programs that are closer to being our peer than Yale.

You're right about the winning. No matter what we need to win games. I want the rent to be expanded to 55,000 as much as anyone else. But let's make a rational argument for doing it. Let's point out that the investment made into the program may be a waste if we don't go that extra mile to do everything needed to get an invite into the B1G or ACC. We can be penny wise and pound foolish, or we can upgrade it. It would help if the governor weren't busy giving hundreds of millions of dollars away to corporations while closing community colleges and cutting funding to UConn. Hopefully the team is turned around. A few 9-10 win seasons would do wonders, and even with the competition (if UConn doesn't get greedy and keeps prices static) we'd see a huge increase in attendance.

How about those new uniforms? I'm expecting some sort of hint after the game tonight. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

At this point, we are all mired in the muck of 4 straight losing seasons. We are scratching our way up from the bottom. Just trying to draw on any possiblility of light at the end of the tunnel.

Reaction Score
Kraft is a nice guy who does a lot for charity. Anybody who ever thought that the Patriots were coming to Harford was delusional. They did want to go to South Boston however.

I believe the rotation went new Foxborough, then the Seaport District, i.e. S. Boston (this was before the Pats got good and thus Boston had no interest, the same piece of land was eyed by the prior owners of the Red Sox, but they could not get it down either, now that land is way to pricy to build a stadium), then Providence, then Hartford (which would have gotten UConn a 65K football stadium) and then back to Foxbrough where Gillette is today. Kraft is a shrewd businessman who was shopping around for the best deal. When Beacon Hill baked, he used the threat of a move to Hartford, including a signed contract, to get a better deal of Massachusetts. Thus, your are right, he had no intent to move the Pats to Hartford. He's playing a very similar game with the MLS Revs who desperately need a soccer only stadium; but, no one has shown him enough money yet.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Let's get some distinctive, yet traditional uniforms that can be part of a new chapter of UCONN football.

Diaco has wanted these and I think everyone was disappointed with the childish remake in 2013. Another Paul P masterpiece (I know he probably had nothing to do with them). I consider this another small step in the right towards the Big 10.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's get some distinctive, yet traditional uniforms that can be part of a new chapter of UCONN football.

Diaco has wanted these and I think everyone was disappointed with the childish remake in 2013. Another Paul P masterpiece (I know he probably had nothing to do with them). I consider this another small step in the right towards the Big 10.

The Uniforms were fine. Who had complaints about the actual uniforms? The helmets were a bold idea, certainly distinctive, but really don't work. My guess is that Diaco is guided by what Hayden Frye did at Iowa, which was to basically steal the Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms (back when the Steelers where king in the late 70's). Don't be surprised if Diaco wants to borrow some from the Patriots.

Reaction Score
The Uniforms were fine. Who had complaints about the actual uniforms? The helmets were a bold idea, certainly distinctive, but really don't work. My guess is that Diaco is guided by what Hayden Frye did at Iowa, which was to basically steal the Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms (back when the Steelers where king in the late 70's). Don't be surprised if Diaco wants to borrow some from the Patriots.
I agree that he uniforms are fine.. the helmet, was incomplete IMO..

I hope we get a looksee at the new designs no later than Friday...

Reaction Score

Just a reminder, Diaco is a Jersey boy! LOL!

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I would think they would use the new uni's as a way to get people to the spring game. Not that it would inflate the crowd that much, but it might create some buzz if they told people they could see what they looked like at the game Saturday.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would think they would use the new uni's as a way to get people to the spring game. Not that it would inflate the crowd that much, but it might create some buzz if they told people they could see what they looked like at the game Saturday.
Probably already too late for that... I would think most people have their weekend plans mostly in place by now. Might be a nice bonus for those of us who show but I kind of doubt it.

Reaction Score
Anyone see the CROWD at the Syracuse Spring game? Or ... is this just something TWC customers in New York State got? Whole lot of steel benches seen.

We should have a nice day.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Soooo the WBB team won their Natonal title again... Its over, congrats to Geno and company (seriously). Now, its time for some Husky Football, on to the show!!! And when is the annoucement of these new uni's coming! Haha

Reaction Score
Coach Diaco just announced that they will not release the new uniforms on Saturday on espn radio.

Reaction Score
Coach Diaco just announced that they will not release the new uniforms on Saturday on espn radio.

Just heard the same thing. Judging by what he just said, sounds like it won't be until after the spring game and possibly after the women's victory parade. He apparently doesn't want to take any shine away from the women.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone have audio of this? So then bascially Diaco DID confirm that we are in fact getting new uni's?

Reaction Score
Anyone have audio of this? So then bascially Diaco DID confirm that we are in fact getting new uni's?

No audio. I heard it on the radio while on the road. Rob Dibble brought up new uniforms potentially on the horizon and Diaco basically said the only reason he hasn't unveiled them already was because he doesn't want to take anything away from the women's moment. The victory parade is Sunday, so my guess would be Monday or later next week for the big unveil. There's no reason for him to keep it quiet beyond that point.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My listening of it : yes. Timetable TBD

Reaction Score
No audio. I heard it on the radio while on the road. Rob Dibble brought up new uniforms potentially on the horizon and Diaco basically said the only reason he hasn't unveiled them already was because he doesn't want to take anything away from the women's moment. The victory parade is Sunday, so my guess would be Monday or later next week for the big unveil. There's no reason for him to keep it quiet beyond that point.

Sounds like a good coach who can see the big picture. Can anyone see Nick holding-off a big football announcement because one of Alabama's women's sports teams won a national title?

Reaction Score
Can anyone see Nick holding-off a big football announcement because one of Alabama's women's sports teams won a national title?

No, but he might if Alabama had a woman President!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Which of course means that there will be new uniforms, so I guess that's a confirmation of that.

Reaction Score
Which of course means that there will be new uniforms, so I guess that's a confirmation of that.

Halllllleeeeeeeellllllllllllluuuuuuuuujjjjjjjjjaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

hallelujah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member