Uconn Football Tweet April 3 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Uconn Football Tweet April 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
In the mid 70', and later you couldn't just update logos quickly. You also used whatever stationary was on hand until it ran out.
Ah, the good ole days. When life seemed simpler and your every action wasn't subject to public discourse and criticism.

Reaction Score
Really beginning to question when they're going to unveil these things... Been nearly two weeks since the teaser.

I'd prefer they just waited til training camp started than bring it up like that. It might've been fun to do it this way 20 years ago...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Momentum is totally fading... You think they actually never made a 2nd "continuation" video? Haha

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Momentum is totally fading... You think they actually never made a 2nd "continuation" video? Haha
Or maybe they just saw some of sub legacy's concepts and hit the brakes on whatever else they were considering? One can hope anyway.

Reaction Score
Anyone who expected this to be handled well, I age a question for you? Do you know Warde?

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Maybe they just waiting for the B1G vote and acceptance to come through?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Do you?

I find EVERYONE who postures some opinion about Warde Manuel has no clue as to what that man's role is in CR; particularly with our University's relationship with that B1G conference.
That's the best part. He doesn't know him, he just hates him, and thinks if he repeats his low opinions enough its fact.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Do you?

I find EVERYONE who postures some opinion about Warde Manuel has no clue as to what that man's role is in CR; particularly with our University's relationship with that B1G conference.

You his kin? I do not know him, I am not associated with Storrs outside of being a grad and ticket holder. He may be a great dude, but from what he's done so far, he's a poser i.mo.

Reaction Score
Pudge
I don't know Sinatra, but I know he was a great entertainer. I didn't know Chaplin to know he was a Master. I don't know Jack Nicklaus to know he was a great golfer. We evaluate based on performance. Warde's has been average to well below average in my view. No need to review the details. That he is not on anyone's must get list despite being a "rockstar" tells me that others agree. I've told you before why he's here. 3 letters.

Reaction Score
Pudge
I don't know Sinatra, but I know he was a great entertainer. I didn't know Chaplin to know he was a Master. I don't know Jack Nicklaus to know he was a great golfer. We evaluate based on performance. Warde's has been average to well below average in my view. No need to review the details. That he is not on anyone's must get list despite being a "rockstar" tells me that others agree. I've told you before why he's here. 3 letters.
He was new, and UConn wasn't in any position to anything other than beg, and you still hold CR against him?

Reaction Score
He handled Ollie's contract perfectly. Ollie got his tryout, earned the job, and got his long term contract. A few idiots really think that the 3+/- months spent on a 1 year contract hurt recruiting. They conveniently ignore the recruiting sanctions that were in place at the time. Those 90 days were so damaging to the program we won the national championship a year later.

A few others think he's responsible for not getting us out of the AAC. I suppose they expected him to convince FSU and Clemson (who are only concerned about football) that we were a better fit than Louisville. All Louisville had to rely on are the facts it is closer geographically, has a larger stadium, and comes with a better football pedigree.

I guess he was also supposed to convince BCU to allow us in because a) we are valuable enough to be added, but b) not a threat to them. They're smart enough to know that those are mutually exclusive.

And even if he was able to somehow pull all of that off, conference realignment involves hundreds of millions of dollar decisions. Those decisions are made above his pay grade. This sell has to happen at the President/BOT level.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Logic does not convince scooter. Only confirmation bias.

Reaction Score
Did you guys watch what Jurich did? Compare his performance with Warde's. When I say that to pro Warde guys they usually say things like, "well Jurich is the best" or "Warde was new," as if of course UConn can't expect its AD to be "the best." Being new isn't an excuse either. I expect UConn to have the best AD. Once you have that job you have the responsibility that goes with it whether you've had it for 10 minutes or 10 years.

Reaction Score
He handled Ollie's contract perfectly. Ollie got his tryout, earned the job, and got his long term contract. A few idiots really think that the 3+/- months spent on a 1 year contract hurt recruiting. They conveniently ignore the recruiting sanctions that were in place at the time. Those 90 days were so damaging to the program we won the national championship a year later.

A few others think he's responsible for not getting us out of the AAC. I suppose they expected him to convince FSU and Clemson (who are only concerned about football) that we were a better fit than Louisville. All Louisville had to rely on are the facts it is closer geographically, has a larger stadium, and comes with a better football pedigree.

I guess he was also supposed to convince BCU to allow us in because a) we are valuable enough to be added, but b) not a threat to them. They're smart enough to know that those are mutually exclusive.

And even if he was able to somehow pull all of that off, conference realignment involves hundreds of millions of dollar decisions. Those decisions are made above his pay grade. This sell has to happen at the President/BOT level.

My brother, a Lobbyist:eek::rolleyes: and UCONN fan living in northern Virginia, could not believe it when I told him that some in CT were blaming WM for getting his "butt kicked" by Jurich. I told him that the perception is/was that Jurich was "burning the phone lines" in his efforts to sell UL to ACC institutions. Little Brother's exact words were:

"Jurich may have made some calls, but the first one he made was to UL Distinguished Alumni, Honors Graduate, fan and booster, Mitch McConnell;" at the time the Senate Minority (now Majority) Leader .

Ole Mitch, if he so chose (my brother feels he played more than a minor part) was in position to smooth the way with any Pols who's State U was "on the fence." Who was Warde going to call? Blumenthal? Seriously? Does Bloomy even know UCONN plays sports? To battle over something so trivial would have been beneath Bloomy's patrician dignity. The combo of Flipper, the diminutive Miami bridge troll, FSU, Clemson plus influence provided by a powerful red-state Minority Leader in a red-state Conference? Come on guys. We never had a prayer.

Susan/Warde had an air rifle. UL had an armored Division.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My brother, a Lobbyist:eek::rolleyes: and UCONN fan living in northern Virginia, could not believe it when I told him that some in CT were blaming WM for getting his "butt kicked" by Jurich. I told him that the perception is/was that Jurich was "burning the phone lines" in his efforts to sell UL to ACC institutions. Little Brother's exact words were:

"Jurich may have made some calls, but the first one he made was to UL Distinguished Alumni, Honors Graduate, fan and booster, Mitch McConnell;" at the time the Senate Minority (now Majority) Leader .

Ole Mitch, if he so chose (my brother feels he played more than a minor part) was in position to smooth the way with any Pols who's State U was "on the fence." Who was Warde going to call? Blumenthal? Seriously? Does Bloomy even know UCONN plays sports? To battle over something so trivial would have been beneath Bloomy's patrician dignity. The combo of Flipper, the diminutive Miami bridge troll, FSU, Clemson plus influence provided by a powerful red-state Minority Leader in a red-state Conference? Come on guys. We never had a prayer.

Susan/Warde had an air rifle. UL had an armored Division.

But...but...he would've been able to pull it off if he didn't waste the AD budget on donuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom