UConn Football Open Practice in August (Update > 8/14 @ 1p) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Open Practice in August (Update > 8/14 @ 1p)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It keeps nagging at me that Steven Krajewski is always the holder. Why aren't they using a punter to do that? Otherwise it seems like Steven Krajewski would have to be 2nd string.
I saw the punter holding for the kicker in warmups

Reaction Score
I saw the punter holding for the kicker in warmups
Fair enough. Only thing I've seen is picks of 8 holding, and I recall a tweet or IG from the kicker that included Steven Krajewski. So hopefully it's just a part of practice and not an indication of his place on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
This is sad, annoying and condescending ...
. Redshirt junior Micah Leon, another quarterback in the rotation, was on the field at times but mostly played a spectator's role. "He just didn't practice today," Edsall said when asked about Leon. <-
Randy for the life of him has a hard time of growing the fan base when a honest quick response is required. Time and again he has the ability to speak and ask for the 12th man back. Just before practice he asked for all present to bring friends and family to support the team.
His reply to the question was a insult to everyone present. Pretty much only hard core fans attend a practice and are observant of who is participating and who is not. We all knew he did not practice, the question was why. Post practice dropped ball by the HC ...

Whats Up Hello GIF by HBO Max

Reaction Score
Absolutely. He got his teammates together and raised over $1,000 for the Husky Ticket Project. That kind of thoughtfulness and organization carries onto the field.
I agree. Between the lines a kid who had that idea on his own and get the players involved with him to me has great character on and off the field. Hopefully he gets a chance to do his thing on the field. He showed promise in his limited time and toughness and leadership playing injured. Hopefully this isn’t Tim Boyle 2.0 for RE 2.0. That being said I feel who ever starts the season as QB 1 will not end at QB1. After a foreseen Mary go round and different qbs playing hopefully we will have our guy by week six.

Reaction Score
Any feedback on Houston #25? I know there were some high expectations for him and Brian Brewton. I think we’ve saw or heard about the other rbs besides him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any feedback on Houston #25? I know there were some high expectations for him and Brian Brewton. I think we’ve saw or heard about the other rbs besides him.
I didn’t happen to notice him, but that doesn’t mean too much. Hard to see everything with 100 kids out there.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this isn’t Tim Boyle 2.0 for RE 2.0.

Not for nothing but Randy was at Maryland when Tim Boyle was recruited and departed. Contrary to popular myth on the Boneyard HCRE always get the QB position in the hands of the best player and has never had a QB transfer who has gone on to do anything special. Boyle and Nebrich (and even Shirreffs who Randy re-recruited after Dibacle shunned him) were other coaches mistakes. I'm sure your boy will get his shot as history shows with RE it always comes down to performance, as it should.

The Boneyard is always and forever obsessed with the back-up QB as many on the board have an attitude that they are somehow smarter than the coach. Even Calhoun was frequently criticized by the know it all's.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He looked outstanding in drills. It might be too early for him with Mensah Burns, Brewton and Modeste ahead of him due to time in program. He is one for the future with good hands, wiggle and burst.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing but Randy was at Maryland when Tim Boyle was recruited and departed. Contrary to popular myth on the Boneyard HCRE always get the QB position in the hands of the best player and has never had a QB transfer who has gone on to do anything special. Boyle and Nebrich (and even Shirreffs who Randy re-recruited after Dibacle shunned him) were other coaches mistakes. I'm sure your boy will get his shot as history shows with RE it always comes down to performance, as it should.

The Boneyard is always and forever obsessed with the back-up QB as many on the board have an attitude that they are somehow smarter than the coach. Even Calhoun was frequently criticized by the know it all's.
Someone posted awhile back that once a player is in Randy’s doghouse it’s hard to get out of. With that being said, I think Randy had his mind made up on QB1 before the season even started.

Reaction Score
Someone posted awhile back that once a player is in Randy’s doghouse it’s hard to get out of. With that being said, I think Randy had his mind made up on QB1 before the season even started.

If true I am sure it was because of QB1's performance (whoever QB1 is). There is no secret agenda. When HCRE talks about leadership he is talking about rallying the troops into the endzone.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just hope all these guys realize that after a year off it’s going to take 1/2 the season to really firm up the depth chart. Where you start in Fresno may not be where you are in October more than any other given season. Be ready for the opportunity which is probably coming.

Reaction Score
Fastest through the step drills. Probably one of the fastest on the team. With Burns and Mensah departing perhaps look for Modeste to be in the bigger back role with Carter and Houston to be the speed guys. They can afford to allow Houston to RS and get bigger or if needed utilize his speed in other areas?

Reaction Score
He looked outstanding in drills. It might be too early for him with Mensah Burns, Brewton and Modeste ahead of him due to time in program. He is one for the future with good hands, wiggle and burst.
I wouldn’t mind seeing him get reps in the slot…totally unexpected but with his size and speed, I’m sure he could be productive there.

Reaction Score
This is sad, annoying and condescending ...

Randy for the life of him has a hard time of growing the fan base when a honest quick response is required. Time and again he has the ability to speak and ask for the 12th man back. Just before practice he asked for all present to bring friends and family to support the team.
His reply to the question was a insult to everyone present. Pretty much only hard core fans attend a practice and are observant of who is participating and who is not. We all knew he did not practice, the question was why. Post practice dropped ball by the HC ...

Whats Up Hello GIF by HBO Max
Perhaps there are reasons why he couldn’t say anything and had to be vague. Not sure why some can’t understand everything going on within a program isn’t for public consumption. Just because we’re fans doesn’t mean we’re entitled to everything that goes on in a locker room. He didn’t practice and we all saw that which sucks. Obviously there’s a valid reason why but do we REALLY need to know that as well?

Reaction Score
Fastest through the step drills. Probably one of the fastest on the team. With Burns and Mensah departing perhaps look for Modeste to be in the bigger back role with Carter and Houston to be the speed guys. They can afford to allow Houston to RS and get bigger or if needed utilize his speed in other areas?
Or, maybe we're keeping things "vanilla" in front of fans now, and then we'll really see who's playing.. and who's not...

Houston provides us with that game speed we've been missing for quite some time (since Edsall left the 1st time)...Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he's in some packages/plays come Week 1...

I'm cool with Coach being coach... Keep things close to the vest...

Reaction Score
Or, maybe we're keeping things "vanilla" in front of fans now, and then we'll really see who's playing.. and who's not...

Houston provides us with that game speed we've been missing for quite some time (since Edsall left the 1st time)...Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he's in some packages/plays come Week 1...

I'm cool with Coach being coach... Keep things close to the vest...
Well said Ktuck

Reaction Score
It keeps nagging at me that Steven Krajewski is always the holder. Why aren't they using a punter to do that? Otherwise it seems like Steven Krajewski would have to be 2nd string.
Because if you want to run a trick pass out of FG formation and have to sub in a QB to hold, you tip off the other team. If you always have a QB hold you keep your options open. Very common practice.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Because if you want to run a trick pass out of FG formation and have to sub in a QB to hold, you tip off the other team. If you always have a QB hold you keep your options open. Very common practice.

I'd be OK if we never ran a fake FG ever again, even if Corey Edsall IV is head coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom