UConn Football Open Practice in August (Update > 8/14 @ 1p) | The Boneyard

UConn Football Open Practice in August (Update > 8/14 @ 1p)

Reaction Score
This pic is at the Rent. That would be sweet!! Happy to pay, actually. Evening?

Reaction Score
I hope they plan a make-up / rain date for this, too often the open practice does not take place due to an August thunderstorm.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> The UConn Football team will have an open practice at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on Saturday, August 14 at 1 p.m. The event is free and open to the general public, with fans welcome to tailgate. Parking will be free and available in the Blue Lot beginning at 10 a.m.

Fans may enter through Gate C beginning at 12 p.m. Additional information and details will be provided at a later date. <-

Reaction Score
There is a Season Ticket Holder event prior to the practice (if a season ticket holder the invite came via email):

-> Fire up those grills and make plans to attend the UConn Football open practice presented by 97.9 ESPN Hartford at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on Saturday, August 14 at 1 p.m. All 2021 UConn Football season ticket holders are invited to attend a VIP event prior to the open practice in the Indoor Club Level. Season ticket holders may enter through Gate A beginning at 11:30 a.m., with a visit from Coach Edsall at 12:30 p.m. and practice beginning at 1 p.m. Light refreshments and beverages will be provided.

The open practice is free and open to the general public, fans are welcome to tailgate! Parking will be free in the Blue Lot beginning at 10 a.m. <-

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The closest those ever came down via the fans was the USF game where we made the goal line stand(thank you Greg Robinson). How cool would it be if we could ever have that "problem" again?
I'm sure a thousand other people will tell you the same thing, but I swear that I was one of the first two people to rush the field the field that day. The first dude distracted the security guy then I led the rest of section 115 right past them.

Reaction Score
I'm sure a thousand other people will tell you the same thing, but I swear that I was one of the first two people to rush the field the field that day. The first dude distracted the security guy then I led the rest of section 115 right past them.

security was ridiculous that night, thumping kids while another thousand ran on.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the open practice. Three of the four in my group are attending, We are going to do some tailgating then head up to the VIP event at 11:30 Looks like we will have a nice day, maybe a little warm.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bit of a bummer. Looks like I'll be up in CT this weekend and looks like zero chance of making this event.

Reaction Score
I am going. Looks like 10-12 from my tailgate group of around 20 are coming. I hope for the “practice” it is better than the last open practice at the rent and includes some live scrimmage. Last time if I recall correctly it was a lot of position group drills which are pretty boring (to me at least).

Reaction Score
Three years away from sellouts imho
Fingers crossed, bringing new fans my self but we have to get the student section back also.
This is a way to restart the program after a year off.
Winning record is coming
Love the optimism, that is what keeps us here. ;)
Last time if I recall correctly it was a lot of position group drills which are pretty boring (to me at least).
No attack @TMB4405 but if you think the team is going to display anything thrilling one would be disappointed. It will be a nice meet and greet and a lets not get hurt bump and faux tackle day. No coach is going to run their best or not yet seen in public plays at a open practice.
Great visit / chat with coaches though and fuels the fire for the season for sure... :)

Reaction Score
It is virtually impossible to offend me. Had not really thought about it from that side and it’s a fair point. I just remember being bored out of my mind at the last one. Was hoping for some live 11-11. But taking your point into consideration and knowing Edsall’s mentality we won’t be seeing that.

Reaction Score
I'm just looking forward to going to see live football. After last year I plan on going to more college, pro and local high school games then ever before. One weekend I have high school on Friday, Uconn on Saturday and Patriots on Sunday. GO YELLOWJACKETS, HUSKIES AND PATS

Reaction Score
I wish I was able to make it, but have a family party tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to hearing about what you guys see.

Reaction Score
Can't make it as I have to attend the memorial service for a relative who passed during the height of the pandemic. Relatives from all over New England are coming to pay respects. Will be driving right by the stadium en route to Vernon.Have a GREAT time everyone and, as always, I expect a detailed businesslawyer type post event report!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom