UConn fans….you should be ashamed!!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn fans….you should be ashamed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not enough. Don’t look at my user name and think I’m bashing football. I’m excited about UConn football. Just think the crowd size was awful.
There are always more students at a womens basketball game at Gampel than there were at the Rent today. Why do you think that is?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In the last 10-12 years I've probably missed 3 or 4 football games in person.
OK, thanks. We're going to be much, much better next year. People love football and will support good, honest, winning football. What we've been getting lately wasn't near that, games became a chore. A poster recently called it like going to a funeral and I agreed but it was really like going to a funeral while receivng dentistry. Going to games is a habit. We need to get folks back in to the habit and this program is doing that. Don't let one game bother you too much.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I was disappointed with the number that turned out for this game. Especially with the way this team has turned around and what a story they've been.

But I'll say this: the ones that were there were loud as hell and made themselves a proper 12th man. To the folks that were there - well done!!!
I was in Hartford supporting the hockey team. I had to make a choice. Maybe these games could be scheduled better, although I don’t know if UConn really has a choice as to how and when separate sports are scheduled. Going to both and being able to see the entire hockey game was just not possible.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I was in Hartford supporting the hockey team. I had to make a choice. Maybe these games could be scheduled better, although I don’t know if UConn really has a choice as to how and when separate sports are scheduled. Going to both and being able to see the entire hockey game was just not possible.
I was thinking about that.

Gotta support the IceBus too!! We've got a top 10 team rolling in hockey. Now, BC really has nothing left...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I went to both. I’m also heavily intoxicated right now.

Reaction Score
The weather reports all week were awful, like literally it was going to be a monsoon. Poured early.

I was stunned at the smaller size. Maybe should have played it at 3 or 7.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've stated this many times in the past but I feel it necessary to repeat this: I will never tell anyone what to do with their time or money as each is a resource with limitations (and in nearly the entirety of my adult life, if I had an abundance of one, it normally came with a shortage of the other).

That said, a number of us on the boneyard claim we, as a program, warrant consideration at a level similar to many P5 programs. This is a nice thing to claim but until we demonstrate this with legitimate fan support, the reality is that we have no right to expect a better situation to fall our way.

Yes, a football game requires a significant investment in time and some financial investment (in my opinion a bargain compared other options) but (also my opinion) is worth it during bad times and the biggest bargain on earth during good times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
But we showed up for soccer games and had kegs delivered to the pitch.
I was an original North Goal resident
UConn soccer was my life - those were the days.
There will never be anything like it again.
I was going to UConn soccer when the field was laid out east/west, there were no stands/bleachers and you could almost pull your car up to the sidelines.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Calling out the fans who don’t go when they hear a forecast 4 days early that there is going to be rain and don’t buy tickets or decide not to go because of the…..forecast….you look into the weather and find out more detail….NBC said 3 days ago that rain would pass by 9am and that it would be 70 and sunny and they were absolutely right!!!! Some fans will go whatever the weather while others are both literally and figuratively “fair weather” fans. It is just crazy that fans didn’t go due to the weather forecast and I hope are kicking themselves saying “what were we thinking and why didn’t we do listen a little more closely to the weather detail.”
this is silly.
u r silly.
r u the same person as that poster pushing for helmets for the basketball players?
and i don't get the part where somehow my enjoyment of being at the big game is dependent upon how many other folks are there.
i was not at this big game. i still enjoyed it tremendously watching at home on the jumbotron. the dogs did too as i hooked them up with more za than usual since i lost track of how much i was dishing out as the game changed direction so many times.
why do you hate dogs? mine run close to 550 pounds alltogether and i might just tell them that u hate dogs.

Reaction Score
First football game for me at The Rent in several years. I actively support UConn in all sports and have attended men's and women's basketball, men's hockey, men's and women's soccer as well as baseball and women's lacrosse in the last year. I think I forgot how FUN the game of football can be in person. Might be all those bad memories from past years working fundraisers either selling fried chicken or beer at the games. Although the crowd wasn't very big, they were engaged and vocal, making for a great atmosphere.

Reaction Score
I've stated this many times in the past but I feel it necessary to repeat this: I will never tell anyone what to do with their time or money as each is a resource with limitations (and in nearly the entirety of my adult life, if I had an abundance of one, it normally came with a shortage of the other).

That said, a number of us on the boneyard claim we, as a program, warrant consideration at a level similar to many P5 programs. This is a nice thing to claim but until we demonstrate this with legitimate fan support, the reality is that we have no right to expect a better situation to fall our way.

Yes, a football game requires a significant investment in time and some financial investment (in my opinion a bargain compared other options) but (also my opinion) is worth it during bad times and the biggest bargain on earth during good times.
Maybe you didn’t check the weather forecast, but Thursday and Friday the forecast for Saturday was heavy rain with a gale warning. As to you questioning UConn whether or not Uconn should be considered at a level similar to many P5 athletics programs , 22 National Championships in all sports speaks volumes, as does impeccable academic standards. Also last night, the talk on ESPN was Coach Mora is being considered for NCOY. Finally, if you really want to show the P5 that UConn is serious about football, and it belongs at the P5 table, the mistake at the landing strip should demolished and a new one built in Storrs, something you have been critical of from day one.

Reaction Score
The strange thing, to me, was that the parking lot seemed fuller than any other game this season. Maybe I was deceived because I arrived to my tailgate later than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom