Men - UConn Fall Ball 2023 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Ball 2023

Reaction Score
Coach Penders said during the player introductions and awards ceremony prior to the Alumni Game the reason that the preliminary schedule was not yet being released yet is that UConn the non conference weekend schedule was not yet complete. Originally, UConn was scheduled to play Mercer (I think) in Storrs on Easter weekend. However, the contract for that series had not been signed when another team offered to travel to Mercer to play on Easter weekend. Mercer took that offer. When UConn baseball gets a replacement team to play in Storrs that weekend, the schedule will be released. They are hoping to release the schedule in the next couple of weeks.

Coach Penders did provide an outline for the non conference weekend games prior to the start of Big East Play. This is what I think I heard:

1st weekend - UConn playing in Tampa at USF. UConn will play the following teams that weekend:
USF
Louisville
Indiana State(?) I think that is what he said.

2nd weekend - 3 game series at California.
3rd weekend - 3 game series at Auburn.

4th and 5th weekend - spring break trip to southern California, starting with 3 games against Santa Barbara, and ending with with 3 games against Cal Baptist(?) think that is what I heard. During the midweek of that trip will include a game against UCLA, don't recall other teams that might have been mentioned.

6th weekend - 3 game series at Rutgers.

Big East play for UConn baseball will start the weekend after
No preliminary schedule available today, as the weekend schedule is not yet complete. I was told that. Schedule should be out soon.

Good info here and as others referenced, I too, appreciate the updates on the scheduling. The series that stands out is the Auburn one…footprint in SEC country is great. The UCLA Louisville USF n Indiana St games are all Regional hosting opportunities. Rutgers series will be difficult. Some impressive arms outta Rutgers last season. Looking forward to the formal schedule release. In the meantime, this will certainly do.

Reaction Score

Yes, if someone is needed to throw batting practice in this area of the State, it seems Coach Baylock is always available to throw the pitches. Certainly not an unusual event here in this part of Connecticut. And certainly a legend who continues to throw year after year.

Always a pleasure to come across Coach Baylock doing his thing throwing batting practice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there a list of players going to the alumni game?

I never did get around to posting a partial list of former UConn players who were at the Alumni Game. Not all of these guys played in the game, but here are some of the former players who were at this event this past Sunday.

Charles Nagy
Zach Fogell
Willie Yahn
Christian Fedko
Kyler Fedko
Ben Huber
Chris Winkel
Troy Stefanski
Paul Gozzo
Connor Moriarty
Josh Santos
Joe Rivera
David Smith

Reaction Score
I never did get around to posting a partial list of former UConn players who were at the Alumni Game. Not all of these guys played in the game, but here are some of the former players who were at this event this past Sunday.

Charles Nagy
Zach Fogell
Willie Yahn
Christian Fedko
Kyler Fedko
Ben Huber
Chris Winkel
Troy Stefanski
Paul Gozzo
Connor Moriarty
Josh Santos
Joe Rivera
David Smith
Justin Willis
Erik Stock
Casey Dana
Enzo Stefanoni
Randy Polonia
Kenneth Haus
Jimmy Wang

Reaction Score
Justin Willis
Erik Stock
Casey Dana
Enzo Stefanoni
Randy Polonia
Kenneth Haus
Jimmy Wang

I definitely remember Wang and Willis being there, as they were mentioned during the pregame stuff. And as for Stock, I walked right by him after the barbecue, so he was certainly there as well. Oh well, that's what happens when you don't post right away, the memory slips.

Reaction Score

Looks like the team is getting ready for the stuff that takes place prior to the naming of the team captains in the UConn cemetery shortly before Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
Looks like the team is getting ready for the stuff that takes place prior to the naming of the team captains in the UConn cemetery shortly before Thanksgiving.
@dbmill (or anyone else) - any predictions on captain(s)? Leadership will be critical this year.

Reaction Score
@dbmill (or anyone else) - any predictions on captain(s)? Leadership will be critical this year.

Team captains for the coming season had not crossed my mind until a few days ago. My guess for possible captains would be Morton, Studley and/or Broadhurst. Also maybe Tammaro. If a pitcher gets named as a captain, my guess would be Coe.

I'm thinking the trip to the graveyard to name the captains should be toward the end of next week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe next week is Thanksgiving break at UConn, there will be no classes during that time. Usually UConn baseball will make its trip to the UConn cemetery to name the captains before the players leave for Thanksgiving break, so I'm expecting this fall event to happen later this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom