Men - UConn Fall Ball 2023 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Ball 2023

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen this posted anywhere but freshman RHP Thomas Galusha, who suffered a UCL tear at the end of fall camp, had successful TJ surgery today. Wishing him a speedy recovery. I hope he comes back stronger than ever. He’s always been a big game pitcher that wants the baseball. His FB sat low 90s (touched 95mph) this fall, with a nasty slider. He’s an absolute bulldog, that has the moxie and the stuff to be a future Friday starter.

Reaction Score
Good for Hyde. His loyalty, perseverance was rewarded. No one saw him being a captain when he arrived on campus. Says a lot about what team thinks of him

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen this posted anywhere but freshman RHP Thomas Galusha, who suffered a UCL tear at the end of fall camp, had successful TJ surgery today. Wishing him a speedy recovery. I hope he comes back stronger than ever. He’s always been a big game pitcher that wants the baseball. His FB sat low 90s (touched 95mph) this fall, with a nasty slider. He’s an absolute bulldog, that has the moxie and the stuff to be a future Friday starter.

Good to know. Wishing the kid well in his recovery. I didn’t know he tore his UCL…I have no idea why the NCAA continues to drag their feet on injury news regarding college athletes…I’ll take the bait. I’m completely for “privacy” in a students life, this is 99.9999999% related to the sport being played collegiately. I’m simply venting, but I’m not sure why injuries are so taboo in college sports, particularly, non basketball/football sports. Perhaps this info was put out there on “X”or in chat rooms, but first I’ve heard of it. I get it, that doesn’t mean much, but…Any chance all pitchers don’t touch a baseball from mid October thru beginning of January? Literally, don’t pick up a baseball for 10-12 weeks.

I’m amazed with the arm injuries coming from all levels of baseball.

Reaction Score
I believe next week is Thanksgiving break at UConn, there will be no classes during that time. Usually UConn baseball will make its trip to the UConn cemetery to name the captains before the players leave for Thanksgiving break, so I'm expecting this fall event to happen later this week.

Reaction Score

I always enjoy the video and other info that usually comes out with the visit to the cemetery. Always good stuff, at least for me.

I've been something of a Ryan Hyde fan ever since he played summer ball in Norwich a couple of years ago, I enjoyed watching him. Still have to admit I'm a bit surprised that he was named one of the captains considering it seems likely that he will be the third string catcher on this team, with Garbowski and Malcom probably getting most of the playing time at the catcher spot. Still, we'll see what happens as I thought he did okay last season. Hyde obviously has become a leader on this team considering he was voted by them to be a captain.

I thought Coe had a good chance to be named a captain considering how he has improved over his stay in Storrs, so I am pleased to see that.

Reaction Score

I would think that with Galusha having TJ surgery, he will not be available to play this coming season, and will be redshirted Unless he is receiving some baseball scholarship money, I would think there is a good chance he will not be on the 40 man roster this spring.

Including Galusha, UConn baseball currently has 44 players listed on the roster, so a few players currently on the fall roster won't be on the spring playing roster. We'll see if they are redshirted or just cut from the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom