UConn-Duke postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
6FCBEC8F-A7E2-4F0A-AB8F-05A72D351251.jpeg

Reaction Score
That was UGLY .. senior committing 3 silly fouls and the team trying to fold under pressure . .. 2 days and USC is next hopefully we shoot better .. Paige looked gassed in the 4th and soon as Edwards went out early 3rd the offense had no rhythm and only I scorer on the floor .. give credit to Duke they play tough D and very athletic..

Reaction Score
Gutsy win with no bench. Fatigue almost got them. Duke climbed back in after down 20.

It will take a significantly better offensive performance to get past USC.

One note, with AE on bench, Duke scored at will. Ice ain’t it folks. Not sure who replaces AE next year, but that’s a problem.

Reaction Score
Paige Awesome!
Aaliyah Awesome despite 4 fouls.
KK Awesome with 12 pts.
Nika Awesome with 8 assists and 6 rebounds.
Ice Awesome for holding down the fort when Aaliyah had to sit.
Ash is always awesome, but tonight was not a shooting night for her.

But most of all, the team looked really tired. Exhausted even. I'm not sure they can go much further than this, so it may be time to celebrate what they've achieved. Please don't hate me for saying it. They have been awesome this season, playing under a crushingly cruel fate. I love our Huskies!

Reaction Score
Survived is so right. Paige had (for her) an off night. Girls looked sloppy and tired and out of sync. Am so happy and proud of them for what they've accomplished this year. Will be praying for all on Monday but my expectations aren't high.

Reaction Score
Yeah we looked nervous and Duke as well, it should never have finished that close. Great season elite 8 with all the injuries. I have watched a lot of USC this year out of curiosity this year and I think we can beat them, but not if we play like today. They actually are similar to us as in it’s kinda JuJu and everyone else. The key is our role players have to be better than theirs. Which from what I saw all year, is possible but you never know.

Reaction Score
Paige Awesome!
Aaliyah Awesome despite 4 fouls.
KK Awesome with 12 pts.
Nika Awesome with 8 assists and 6 rebounds.
Ice Awesome for holding down the fort when Aaliyah had to sit.
Ash is always awesome, but tonight was not a shooting night for her.

But most of all, the team looked really tired. Exhausted even. I'm not sure they can go much further than this, so it may be time to celebrate what they've achieved. Please don't hate me for saying it. They have been awesome this season, playing under a crushingly cruel fate. I love our Huskies!
I agree totally. They have exceeded expectations and really have little chance against a deep USC team. But that's why they play the games.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It looked like Paige was really tired the second half. Hope she gets some good rest.

Everyone was tired, I saw a real tired shoulder droop from Nika in the 4th...

Apologies for being dismissive of the coaching...but I knew when to take Edwards out...the last 2 or 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter...even the announcers expected it.

Arnold had a fine game; made some big plays.
Ice was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32