UConn, Dayton Predictions | The Boneyard

UConn, Dayton Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  1. With the game that Stewie had on Saturday, Dayton has no choice but to make her the focus of their defensive game plan.
  2. So, KML will be raining threes.
  3. UConn will win by 37.
  4. KML will leave the game as the all-time NCAA 3-point leader and record holder.
Just to list a few. Yikes! :eek:

Reaction Score
  1. With the game that Stewie had on Saturday, Dayton has no choice but to make her the focus of their defensive game plan.
  2. So, KML will be raining threes.
  3. UConn will win by 37.
  4. KML will leave the game as the all-time NCAA 3-point leader and record holder.
Just to list a few. Yikes! :eek:

I saw Dayton play once during the season and twice now in the tournament...they are probably the most similar team to UConn that I've seen in a couple of years. I don't think they can beat UConn, but watching them was a bit like watching UConn-lite.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They are a well balanced team who won't get rattled even when they get down to UCONN. Still, we have way too much talent and speed at almost every position and I bet we do a good job shutting down their 2 best scorers (Mallot and Hoover). Deane and Austria are scorers #3 and 4. Mallot is a 6'4" forward, and the other 3 are guards. This is a game where I can see Stokes getting less PT and Williams/Chong getting more PT.

Ultimately I don't think we are as amazing as we were against Texas (that was a near perfect game) and I think it will be a far different looking game (less size, more guard play by Dayton than we saw from Texas). Dayton likes to play fast which plays into UCONN's hands.

UCONN 92
Dayton 54

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
The fairy tale is over for Cinderella on Monday - 88-51

Reaction Score
Photo of Dayton Flyers coaching staff during post game interview:
images

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Only 37? So, we're going to have an off night?

Reaction Score
Dayton's offense is pretty good, and our defense isn't what it has been in years prior (giving up 70 to USF). That said, our offense is a lot better.

UConn 89-66 Dayton

[UConn 46-36 Dayton at halftime]

Reaction Score
Flyers have a potent offense. UConn 95, Dayton 75.
Other than that ridiculous game with Stanford (that went overtime) no one has scored anywhere near 75 points on the Huskies. That Stanford game was a wakeup call to our defense which was totally unHuskie like and somewhat broken. Since then, there's been nothing like that type performance and I'm inclined to think Dayton will be thrown off their game by our defense. How about 92-65 for a final score.

Reaction Score
Other than that ridiculous game with Stanford (that went overtime) no one has scored anywhere near 75 points on the Huskies. That Stanford game was a wakeup call to our defense which was totally unHuskie like and somewhat broken. Since then, there's been nothing like that type performance and I'm inclined to think Dayton will be thrown off their game by our defense. How about 92-65 for a final score.
I can't believe that I gave the same score exactly as Alexrgct. I hadn't really read through all the posts so I was oblivious of his predictions.

Reaction Score
Dayton plays well. Of course every team plays well until they run into UConn. Like Mike Tyson said years ago, "Everyone has a plan. Until they get hit by me. Then all heck breaks loose". The way our girls have been playing since that Stanford game, I am looking at a 85-50 type game, UConn of course.

Let's go, Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Here are all of the predictions from above posts in table format as of 11:30 a.m. on game day.

Some interesting observations can be gleaned based on the collective wisdom (or fantasies) of the Boneyard Brave.

I will update one hour prior to game time (if necessary).

UConn_Dayton_2.jpg

Reaction Score
Golly ... I hope all the above are correct .. But of all the WCBB teams I've seen this year, USF and Dayton were the ones I felt could explore UConn's defense weakness ...Hope Not ..

But remember of the 6 half's we played USF they WON two of them ..

Yes they were second half scores where the subs came on site; but this Dayton team can be FAST and can give our two defense guards fits

Dayton has the stamina ... so UConn needs 20 points + in the first 10 minutes to take the wind out of their sails.

Score ..UConn 77 .. Dayton 69 .... but I hope its 85 -- 40. To give TN something to think about!! ...OH .. TN 68 - MD 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom