UConn/Cuse 12-05 at MSG | The Boneyard

UConn/Cuse 12-05 at MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love it. Well we were thirsting for a rivalry. Undoubtedly and instantly our search is over, especially with a series. Not to turn this in a P5 thread but the electric atmosphere and the fight for NY market has to be attractive.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Fantastic news! I can't wait to grab tickets for that game.

Also, the "MSG is a home game" narrative is fun and all, but UConn actually needs at least one, if not two, marquee OOC home games. Without them season ticket and mini-plan sales are going to take a significant hit.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
We need a couple
Yeah 1 for each XL and Gampel would be great but with the non conference slate already packed with road and neutral games, I'd be happy with just one.

Reaction Score
Awesome news for Cuse.
They get to renew the rivalry while continuing to play in the ACC and actively keep us out.

Reaction Score
Awesome news for Cuse.
They get to renew the rivalry while continuing to play in the ACC and actively keep us out.
How is Syracuse actively keeping UConn out of the ACC?

Reaction Score
Let me rephrase it since I have no idea if they are "actively" keeping us out.

They don't want us in. They let the higher ups know this back when Louisville was eventually picked.

Part of me is excited for this game and part of me wants to tell them to fccck off.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I seemed to have completely missed the part about them also (most likely) playing again in December 2017 as part of the Jimmy V Classic. Even better.

The 17-18 schedule is already shaping up well.

Cuse @MSG
@Zona
Nike tournament @Portland, OR

Reaction Score
Ugh, the thread on Syracusefan is disgusting. It's funny how one letter (AAC v. ACC) makes one forget who the superior program was for 20+ years. Also, major props to EastCoast for being the sensible one in that thread and seeing what a great game this is for both sides.

Reaction Score
IDK not all Cinderella's can continue that success into the next season. Lets hope this doesn't hurt our RPI

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Ugh, the thread on Syracusefan is disgusting. It's funny how one letter (AAC v. ACC) makes one forget who the superior program was for 20+ years. Also, major props to EastCoast for being the sensible one in that thread and seeing what a great game this is for both sides.
Maybe they're youngsters who only know what they watched in the 30 for 30 Requiem for the Big East. Don't you know there were only about 2 teams in the Big East?

Reaction Score
For the games sake I hope Richardson comes back I don't think beating them will help our rpi much without him;)

Reaction Score
Don't go over there. It is never worth it. There are some sensible people over there who like a good game, but it is too hard to sift through the idiots to find them. Probably the same way they think of this site when they come here. I used to lurk there once in a while because they have a couple of decent posters who have good discussions. I gave that up......

Reaction Score
It's not disgusting, fans of every team like to talk about their rivals. We're just so successful that they can't brag about anything that has happened on a basketball court, because even they realize it becomes immediately embarrassing. Talking about our conference and pretending we got lucky to win our last 2 championships is all they have left. It's a compliment.

Reaction Score
The difference is that they want to act like playing us is beneath them. They are bafoons of a much higher order then the bafoons on this site.
It was a great rivalry but they killed it just like they killed the Big East.
Honestly part of me would much rather play a Duke or Indiana or Kansas there then Syracuse.
But I do get why UConn wants to play the game and I'm sure once it rolls around I'll be excited as hell.

Reaction Score
For the games sake I hope Richardson comes back I don't think beating them will help our rpi much without him;)
Should be a very good game. Going to be a lot of new faces on the court for both teams
UConn: Gilbert, Jackson, Diarra, Vital, Larrier
Cuse: Battle, Moyer, Gillon, Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member