UConn/Cuse 12-05 at MSG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cuse 12-05 at MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't go over there. It is never worth it. There are some sensible people over there who like a good game, but it is too hard to sift through the idiots to find them. Probably the same way they think of this site when they come here. I used to lurk there once in a while because they have a couple of decent posters who have good discussions. I gave that up.
It's not disgusting, fans of every team like to talk about their rivals. We're just so successful that they can't brag about anything that has happened on a basketball court, because even they realize it becomes immediately embarrassing. Talking about our conference and pretending we got lucky to win our last 2 championships is all they have left. It's a compliment.
I invite you over there, sure there's going to be poster that just say "", but if you talk basketball without throwing around grade-school insults and pecker-waving, most posters will converse with you. That's what I try to do here, anyway. Just need to ignore the few posters who are in their parents basement trying to trash talk on a message board.

Reaction Score
I invite you over there, sure there's going to be poster that just say " ", but if you talk basketball without throwing around grade-school insults and pecker-waving, most posters will converse with you. That's what I try to do here, anyway. Just need to ignore the few posters who are in their parents basement trying to trash talk on a message board.
Hi @EastCoast2 , clearly wasn't referring to you. I actually like the site and there are some good posters over there. It just becomes a little much sometimes. I think the game itself to get back to that is great for us because we can always use good non conference games. And we should typically be an RPI boost or at worst not an anchor on Cuse's so I think good for both programs and a nice rivalry to continue.

Reaction Score
I have a funny feeling this win isn't going to help our rpi much.

Reaction Score
Ugh, the thread on Syracusefan is disgusting. It's funny how one letter (AAC v. ACC) makes one forget who the superior program was for 20+ years. Also, major props to EastCoast for being the sensible one in that thread and seeing what a great game this is for both sides.
Ask them how their great recruiting weekend went? They thought they were going to land 4 guys. They were lucky to grab 1. A fifth year senior from Colorado State. That program is a lucky final four away from irrelevance. Can't wait for Hopkins to be the nail in the coffin. Helms trophies aside, of course.

Reaction Score
Hi @EastCoast2 , clearly wasn't referring to you. I actually like the site and there are some good posters over there. It just becomes a little much sometimes. I think the game itself to get back to that is great for us because we can always use good non conference games. And we should typically be an RPI boost or at worst not an anchor on Cuse's so I think good for both programs and a nice rivalry to continue.
Going to be a good game for sure, I'd be surprised if the spread is more than +/- 2 or 3 points either way. Lot of questions marks on our end, at least.

Reaction Score
Actually you are wrong about that. By virtue of their conference schedule alone they will be a much better game to have on our schedule than some of the cupcakes we have on there. This is a very good game to have for us. A neutral court game against an ACC team from our backyard. I would play teams like Syracuse every non conference game rather than play CCSU, UMass Lowell etc.

Reaction Score
I invite you over there, sure there's going to be poster that just say " ", but if you talk basketball without throwing around grade-school insults and pecker-waving, most posters will converse with you. That's what I try to do here, anyway. Just need to ignore the few posters who are in their parents basement trying to trash talk on a message board.
For the record I think you're a very good poster and a good addition here. Unfortunately your board is 10x more heavily moderated than this board, and I was banned years ago for some relatively innocuous comment.

Reaction Score
For the record I think you're a very good poster and a good addition here. Unfortunately your board is 10x more heavily moderated than this board, and I was banned years ago for some relatively innocuous comment.
Some of my friends (fellow SU fans) have been banned from the Cuse board also, there's like 10 mods over there.

Reaction Score
Right in our back yard, love home games against the cuse

Reaction Score
Don't go over there. It is never worth it. There are some sensible people over there who like a good game, but it is too hard to sift through the idiots to find them. Probably the same way they think of this site when they come here. I used to lurk there once in a while because they have a couple of decent posters who have good discussions. I gave that up.
I enjoy occasionally lurking over there. It was quite fun to do after our 2014 title :p

But there was such venom in that thread, something I simply did not see in this thread. I know they like to talk about us seeing them more as a rival than they see us, but judging from the animosity shown in that thread compared to this one, this game is going to be their super bowl.

Reaction Score
I hear you. Its the type a game not needing RPI. Just playing them for the hell of it matters, and I mean the hell of it!

As for an OOC home game, Villanova would be nice.

Reaction Score
I'm excited. Orange tears are my favorite tears. Based on the thread I was told not to look at some of their fans are already crying. Love it.

My only complaint is beating them on 12/5 won't ruin anyone's holiday like they did to my thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
It's funny how Cuse fans consider MSG a "home" game and think they will dominate the crowd when it takes about half the time to get to NYC from Storrs compared to coming from Cuse.

Reaction Score
This is great news and its something that I, along with many other members have been hoping would happen for a long time. I feel that UConn/Syracuse needs to be played at MSG, and its great that will happen for at least the next two years.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There are people on Syracusefan that are LEGITIMATELY DISAPPOINTED that Syracuse wants to play old Big East rivals at neutral sites, because the new players "only know big games being against Duke and UNC". Ever heard of TV? Ever heard of appealing to the NYC market? Ever heard of revenue?They are so far up on their little pony high horse it makes me want to puke. What the hell do they smoke up there?

And they are ragging on our recruiting as our best player is "just another midget guard" (WHICH OH BY THE WAY YOU F*KBOYS RECRUITED). Yeah, we keep recruiting midget guards because they help us win National Championships, you dinguses. And then writing off the rest of our 4 star recruits as "whatevers" when all they have next year are 2 4 star recruits.

Someone ban me from going over to that cesspool again.
4>1

Reaction Score
Nah, they don't have that much reach.
Syracuse is closer to Toronto than they are to New York City.

They like to brand themselves as "New York's college team", but Storrs is 114 miles closer to NYC, and we have unquestionably been the superior program. The numbers don't lie: 4 > 1.

Our last NCAA championship run went through MSG, and we broke ticket price records because we pack The Garden like no one else. UConn is New York's college team.

There's a reason SNY (SportsNet New York) has a special partnership with UConn and not Syracuse. SNY once dropped a Syracuse men's basketball game in favor of a UConn women's game. The SU basketball game was shown on tape delay.

Syracuse fans love to talk about conferences because that's all they have - and if the Big 12 expansion rumors are true, we may very soon be in a P5 ourselves.

caw

Reaction Score
Syracuse is closer to Toronto than they are to New York City.

They like to brand themselves as "New York's college team", but Storrs is 114 miles closer to NYC, and we have unquestionably been the superior program. The numbers don't lie: 4 > 1.

Our last NCAA championship run went through MSG, and we broke ticket price records because we pack The Garden like no one else. UConn is New York's college team.

There's a reason SNY (SportsNet New York) has a special partnership with UConn and not Syracuse. SNY once dropped a Syracuse men's basketball game in favor of a UConn women's game. The SU basketball game was shown on tape delay.

Syracuse fans love to talk about conferences because that's all they have - and if the Big 12 expansion rumors are true, we may very soon be in a P5 ourselves.

I think you misread my meaning. I'm saying even Toronto is too far for their influence, meaning their influence extends about 20 miles from their campus.

caw

Reaction Score
Somehow OSU and Florida aren't elite. Heck if they aren't Cuse surely isn't. I get them saying Gtown isn't because thy hate Gtown, but seriously delusional.

Reaction Score
Somehow OSU and Florida aren't elite. Heck if they aren't Cuse surely isn't. I get them saying Gtown isn't because thy hate Gtown, but seriously delusional.
There is no harm in allowing them to live in their own little world of delusion. Syracusefan works out well. They can congregate in one place to remind each other how great they are while the true blue bloods and the rest of the college basketball world can ignore them.

Reaction Score
I love how they think UConn fan's are "bullies". I have talked to other fans from different teams in the ACC/Old Big East and they agree that Syracuse has one of the worst fan bases. They used to walk into Gampel/Xl center thinking they owned the place because they were good 10 years before us.

Reaction Score
Sara Cuse is a tramp.

Reminds me of:
tees_annarbor_navy_small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads