Men - UConn @ Cal Baseball Classic in Berkeley CA (Fri. 2/24/23@10p v. Cal-Poly, Sat. 2/25/23@5p v. Cal. Sunday Game v. Cal was rained out. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Cal Baseball Classic in Berkeley CA (Fri. 2/24/23@10p v. Cal-Poly, Sat. 2/25/23@5p v. Cal. Sunday Game v. Cal was rained out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Who is this Freegerger kid at 3rd base? Jonesy must have had a late night!

Reaction Score
Top 2nd, UConn offense strands 2 runner on base (a 1 out walk and single by Dalena and Padilla). 2 more strikeouts for UConn batters. No score.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Pitching has been really good vs Cal. It’d be nice if the offense provided any support.

Reaction Score
Pitching has been really good vs Cal. It’d be nice if the offense provided any support.

At least UConn has put together some threats to score in the first 2 innings with less than 2 outs today. Yesterday they really didn't threaten to score until about the 6th inning, they didn't have much in the way of baserunners in the early going.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was at the game today. My high level thoughts:
1) thought Sullivan was getting squeezed early with tight strike zone but as innings went on his command faded. Can’t be behind every hitter. I do like his stuff IF he throws strikes. But cant be walking every lead off hitter obviously.
2) Quigley shows what happens when you throw strikes. Gave them a chance to win. Biggest positive of the day. Worked in a nice rhythm and attacked hitters.
3) offensively I was surprised at the number of low quality at bats especially after Cal starter was pulled early. Too many non-attack ABs. They should have been able to muster more against the Cal bullpen.
4) I think they need to find a way to get Daniels bat in the line up. Drove one in pinch hit role in 9th and left fielder made an outstanding catch. Ball jumps off his bat differently than most hitters. Like Green from Cal ball really jumps.
5) I sat behind UConn dugout on the benches as there is no formal seating on 3rd base side. First time here and really a unique setup. Dugout didn’t have that juice it normally has. Last night was a late one so maybe a bit flat today.
6) Morton’s back/hamstring seemed to be bothering him in second half of game. Was using that muscle stimulation device 2-3x in dugout late in game. got much colder as game went on so may be nothing but tightness due to colder weather.
I have been watching warmups in the misty rain. The team looks pumped and ready to go. Coach Penders has got them fired up!
Morton’s hamstring looks fine he went to first to third on a normal hit and run. I believe due to the cold weather it is preventive measures to keep the muscles warm.
Bats are hot and we have bases loaded . Let’s go C!

Reaction Score
Top 3rd, UConn offense loads the bases with 1 out, including a couple of walks. Pitching change and tending to the field with the rain continuing takes some time. With 2 outs, Broadhurst pinch hits for the lefty hitting Dalena against a lefty pitcher. Broadhurst strikes out to end the inning, no score.

Rain delay.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
CN we get Cal TV to televise the Husky season instead of flosports?
The thing is, FloSports is at the mercy of the home venue. They do no production, they just stream what is made available to them. At least that’s what I was told in response to my email complaining about last weeks broadcasts.

Reaction Score
Even when we layoff a pitch out of the strike zone, then we get a questionable call. Geez!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sigh rushing to get the game on and they were just tarping the field .

Reaction Score
I have been watching warmups in the misty rain. The team looks pumped and ready to go. Coach Penders has got them fired up!
Morton’s hamstring looks fine he went to first to third on a normal hit and run. I believe due to the cold weather it is preventive measures to keep the muscles warm.
Bats are hot and we have bases loaded . Let’s go C!
Definitely more juice in dugout today. I left after tarp went on in 3rd. Steady rain and flight to catch.

Reaction Score
The thing is, FloSports is at the mercy of the home venue. They do no production, they just stream what is made available to them. At least that’s what I was told in response to my email complaining about last weeks broadcasts.
This. FloSports is the same is ESPN3 doing a lot of these college sports. All they do is air a feed that the home University sends them. It’s up to the school and conference how much money they put in to the production value of these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom