UConn Blog Posts Anonymous Source Comments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Blog Posts Anonymous Source Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I think players are always happy when the blame is placed elsewhere. Ultimately, they did not get the job done. If they want to be happy that a good man took the fall for their failures, that's awesome for them. The people that Paul trusted let him down, both coaches and players alike. He takes blame and rightfully so, because ultimately he did put his trust in the wrong people. Paul couldn't play, unfortunately neither could Casey." Said Jack Cochran....

Reaction Score
The more I think about it the more I think you're guess is a good one. I hope it wasn't one of the other assistants loyal to P (and most of them were Edsall guys). Might be a former player, though most of those are pro-Edsall / anti-P judging from twitter today. Probably not one of Manuel's assistants. Who else could it be? A player's parent? Andy Blaylock? Doubtful.

From earlier today before it was posted in UConnBlog:

"Andrew Callahan@UConnFB_Andrew 3h
Have some VERY interesting comments coming from a source who worked closely with UConn players and coaches in the Pasqualoni and Edsall eras"

Reaction Score
Storrs is a small town. Peyton Place (not Manning) in a lot of ways. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who dropped this crapbomb. If they are a UConn employee, especially an athletic department employee, they should be No. 3 out of the door. What a pile of unadulterated crap that was. Same "cupboard bare" shiite that was being peddled to the Horde for 2-plus years. Just like that PP "trying to win with the personnel we have" line he trotted out again this weekend.. ... . screw that guy. Hope TJ goes 7-2.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Storrs is a small town. Peyton Place (not Manning) in a lot of ways. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who dropped this crapbomb. If they are a UConn employee, especially an athletic department employee, they should be No. 3 out of the door. What a pile of unadulterated crap that was. Same "cupboard bare" shiite that was being peddled to the Horde for 2-plus years. Just like that PP "trying to win with the personnel we have" line he trotted out again this weekend.. ... . screw that guy. Hope TJ goes 7-2.

Lol just 7-2? Not 9-0? Haha

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Have some VERY interesting comments coming from a source who worked closely with UConn players and coaches in the Pasqualoni and Edsall eras"
Hm. maybe an academic advisor... trainer... that type of thing.

Reaction Score
This group of olinemen is just not a fit for the system they were trying to forcefeed, so in a sense they weren't "talented enough" for the system. The problem was the system never tried to tailor itself to the talent on hand. That is an epic coaching fail and shame on P for bringing Deleome hate.

Reaction Score
I am just glad I don't have a GEORGE DE LEONE in my life.

jeezum ... that would be awful to have that dragging me down with all the mistakes I make on my own.

Reaction Score
Hm. maybe an academic advisor... trainer... that type of thing.

Seriously would love to see Warde go all Spanish Inquisition on this. It's clearly undermining what he tried to accomplish today. Borderline insubordinate.

Reaction Score

I'm on the phone with him right now.

Reaction Score
The kid who wrote the article does good work on the film breakdowns and I'm sure he has bumped into a few folks who proffered their "insight/opinions" today. No different than the "experts/insiders" who post here Art...

Hell, I have a sneaking suspicion one of our newer posters is the source.

Fair point, but when you read the comment about Foley, you really have to consider who you are talking to. It's like Nixon's staff saying Nixon was an honest guy and if it wasn't for Forrest Gump he never would have got caught.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's an anonymous comment - no one will care where it came from. Someone who would leak that sort of thing to a SportsNation blog isn't anyone we should spend a minute worrying about.

Clearly, it's someone in P's camp and as of this morning, that camp has been packed up and sent away.

Reaction Score
Think it's ole Desmond? The unnamed offensive player has to be Whitmer. Desmond has been very hard on Whitmer over the last few weeks. He also goes after Edsall who he loves to bash. Desmond stated many times that GDL was left with crap on the offensive line after Edsall left and has always stated that "was the program really trending upward after the Fiesta Bowl". I have a hunch it might be him. Cuse guy and his Cuse guys are gone. Just a thought.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
didn't three starters on the offensive line, including two all conference selections, return for PP's first year?

how much worse can an argument be?

we'll know soon enough, I'll say this dude is categorically incorrect

Reaction Score
Think it's ole Desmond? The unnamed offensive player has to be Whitmer. Desmond has been very hard on Whitmer over the last few weeks. He also goes after Edsall who he loves to bash. Desmond stated many times that GDL was left with crap on the offensive line after Edsall left and has always stated that "was the program really trending upward after the Fiesta Bowl". I have a hunch it might be him. Cuse guy and his Cuse guys are gone. Just a thought.

No way can I see DC giving anonymous comments to a credentialed reporter for the UConnBlog.

Reaction Score
t
No way can I see DC giving anonymous comments to a credentialed reporter for the UConnBlog.

Good point. Just a thought as he's been all over Whitmer lately as well as bashing Edsall and one of Edsall's guys Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom