Uconn Baseball Weekend Series vs. ECU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uconn Baseball Weekend Series vs. ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a shame to battle back and then come out and walk the leadoff hitter. Kiss of death. Got to say, hard to have any confidence in any of our bullpen guys right now. They all just struggle with control.

Reaction Score
Game over ECU 4-3. I guess you can blame it on the ump but this loss starts way before that. Can't continually show up flat for games and be non productive offensively and to top it off have mental lapses. It happens far too often with this team and I hope it doesn't come back to bite them on selection day. Thank goodness we know we have Cross and Kay for the first two games on the weekend because without them who knows where we would be. Just far too inconsistent on the offensive side and a very unstable bullpen right now.

Reaction Score
Tough loss. Luckily we get ECU again soon. UConn doesn't quite have the margin of error available to have their ace get beat up and expect to still win the series.

Reaction Score
In the 7th inning down 3-1, Davey got hit by pitch to lead off inning. He pinch ran Olmstead. Why? Is Davey a slow runner? I wouldn't think so based on all the times he has the green light to steal bases. McDowell then hits a line drive to 3rd base where Olmstead gets doubled off probably because of inexperience although I know he has pinch ran a few times this year. It wasn't a hit and run. You now also lose Davey's bat for the rest of the game.
Once again can't say I agree with Penders decision.

Reaction Score
In the 7th inning down 3-1, Davey got hit by pitch to lead off inning. He pinch ran Olmstead. Why? Is Davey a slow runner? I wouldn't think so based on all the times he has the green light to steal bases. McDowell then hits a line drive to 3rd base where Olmstead gets doubled off probably because of inexperience although I know he has pinch ran a few times this year. It wasn't a hit and run. You now also lose Davey's bat for the rest of the game.
Once again can't say I agree with Penders decision.

Davey has a hamstring problem, he had to come out of the Tuesday midweek game because of it. They have been pinch running for him late in games ever since. It's the reason he was the DH the last couple of games.

Reaction Score
Tough loss. To battle back like that and to have what felt like game winning run taken from you on a play at the plate.....damn. And to top it off to lose another series at home. Couple mistakes and would have should haves in this game came back to bite them. Gotta get back at
It and can't afford to lose winnable mid week games

Reaction Score
Davey has a hamstring problem, he had to come out of the Tuesday midweek game because of it. They have been pinch running for him late in games ever since. It's the reason he was the DH the last couple of games.
Ahh okay, didn't realize that. Makes sense then.

Reaction Score
Disappointing.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/041915aaa.html

Game Notes
  • UConn is now 5-26 all-time against East Carolina, with all but the three contests this weekend coming between 1979-89.
  • Aaron Hill has multi-hit games in his last four starts
  • Vinny Siena has reached base safely in 31-straight contests
Up next, the Huskies continue their nine-game homestand with two regional contests at home against Massachusetts and UMass Lowell. First up are the Minutemen on Tuesday at 3 p.m.

Reaction Score
Early base running mistake. McDowell trying to go 1st to 3rd on base hit by Hill. Ball was hit sharply to left and he was out by a good margin.
That was a bonehead play even in Little League. Don't know if it was the runner or the third base coach but in either case it's inexcusable.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The ability to make productive outs (advancing a runner instead of striking out or popping up) has been severely lacking on this team for at least five years. The series against (eventual National Champion) South Carolina was was lost entirely on their ability to accomplish this a few times while we could not, with an equal amount of opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom