UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 73 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I wasn’t able to link the video but incoming freshman, Thomas Galusha, was up to 95mph in his bullpen today. Kid has a huge upside. Absolute competitor, borderline psycho. Ace material if he can control his emotions. He could become a fan favorite. He’s a bulldog.

Reaction Score
@dbmill do you know if Zavien Watson (Grossmont College transfer) is still committed to play for the upcoming spring season? He had previously committed this past year, and now on his twitter page it doesn't say he's a UConn Baseball commit anymore. Just wondering if you had any info on this if not no worries.

Reaction Score
@dbmill do you know if Zavien Watson (Grossmont College transfer) is still committed to play for the upcoming spring season? He had previously committed this past year, and now on his twitter page it doesn't say he's a UConn Baseball commit anymore. Just wondering if you had any info on this if not no worries.

I believe when Zavien Watson originally committed to UConn, it was on his twitter page, and it was posted to this thread. It looks like that post on his twitter page no longer exists. That to me is possible evidence that Watson is not coming to UConn.

Also, the D1Baseball.com Transfer Tracker listings have a number of other players transferring to UConn, but Watson was never one of those players listed as transferring to UConn.

It always seems to happen that every year one or two players who had announced at some point that they are transferring to UConn end up not coming to Storrs and joining the baseball team for fall ball for whatever reason. I'm guessing that Watson may be that guy this time around.

Reaction Score
I believe when Zavien Watson originally committed to UConn, it was on his twitter page, and it was posted to this thread. It looks like that post on his twitter page no longer exists. That to me is possible evidence that Watson is not coming to UConn.

Also, the D1Baseball.com Transfer Tracker listings have a number of other players transferring to UConn, but Watson was never one of those players listed as transferring to UConn.

It always seems to happen that every year one or two players who had announced at some point that they are transferring to UConn end up not coming to Storrs and joining the baseball team for fall ball for whatever reason. I'm guessing that Watson may be that guy this time around.
grades I believe.

Reaction Score
I came accross this article on the Ocean State Waves of the NECBL which mentions Joe Cinnella, a LHP from Seton Hall transferring to UConn as a Grad Transfer.

<Cinnella’s time with the Waves helped him earn an opportunity to transfer from Seton Hall to a powerhouse UConn program.>

Reaction Score
I came accross this article on the Ocean State Waves of the NECBL which mentions Joe Cinnella, a LHP from Seton Hall transferring to UConn as a Grad Transfer.

<Cinnella’s time with the Waves helped him earn an opportunity to transfer from Seton Hall to a powerhouse UConn program.>
Last Seton Hall transfer worked out very well…

Reaction Score
FB sits 85-87 mph, very good breaking balll. All SCC 1st Team at Foran HS (Milford, CT)

Reaction Score
Looks like the staff found their guy to fill Rizy’s spot in the class…
Zach Worzel 2024 LHP (PG @ Cheshire Academy)

Prepbaseballreport.com has finally added Zach Worzel to their list of UConn baseball recruits on their website.

This scouting comment on Zach Worzel comes from their webpage on him:

<2/25/23
Zach Worzel: LHP/1B, (2024) Foran, CT. 6-foot-1, 210-pound mature strong frame. Above average projectable on the mound, showed lightning arm speed, also used a loose arm action with a high ¾ arm angle. Tall-and-fall up-tempo type pitcher and uses some effort. Has in line downhill shoulder with an strong balance point. Lands square with an athletic balanced finish. Produced a fastball that came in at 83-85 mph; throws a heavy fastball with hard late action and command down in the zone. (Max spin 2167; Avg 2029). Throws a 11/5 curveball (69-70) with tilt and glove side control. (Max spin 2289; Avg 2242). His changeup (76-78) shows arm side command and fading action. Continues to improve, good follow, throws a heavy ball, competes.>

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Access <<

-> Back home in Fiskdale on Sunday afternoon, Rizy made the decision to decommit from UConn, which he verbally accepted a scholarship offer from following his freshman year.

Rizy, who didn’t rule out ending up with UConn, said he has a list of five schools he is keeping “pretty private for now” and will wait until the fall to make official visits.

“I committed at such a young age,” he said. “I wanted to have no regrets in a sense and make sure I found the right spot for me. I want to be able to call a place home and have no regrets in that sense.” <-
Welp… at least we didn’t lose him to BC ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom