Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score
Any idea when the fallball roster will be released? And where can I find it, if so. Tnx

I haven't been on the team website but I think it will be released prior to scout day this Friday, September 8. That was the case last year.

Never knew the roster was available on Scout Day in past years, that is good to know. In the past the roster has always been available on the day of the Alumni Game which has in the past been in late September, but this fall season the Alumni Game is happening after the exhibition games.

Reaction Score
Never knew the roster was available on Scout Day in past years, that is good to know. In the past the roster has always been available on the day of the Alumni Game which has in the past been in late September, but this fall season the Alumni Game is happening after the exhibition games.
I can speak to last year because I was using it at Scout Day to match up #'s worn by the new guys to the fall roster listed online. Helped a lot.

Reaction Score
I can speak to last year because I was using it at Scout Day to match up #'s worn by the new guys to the fall roster listed online. Helped a lot.

I'm sure it would help a lot. From what I recall, when the roster gets posted on the UConn athletics website during fall ball varies from year to year. Sometimes it got posted prior to the Alumni Game, some years after. Of course, in those years the Alumni Game was being held usually on the last Sunday in September, this year it is in mid October.

Reaction Score
Is Stephen Quigley expected back for 24’ season? I’ve heard/read conflicting info regarding having another year of eligibility…would be a very important piece returning if so, interested to find out if he’s indeed on the Fall roster

Reaction Score
Is Stephen Quigley expected back for 24’ season? I’ve heard/read conflicting info regarding having another year of eligibility…would be a very important piece returning if so, interested to find out if he’s indeed on the Fall roster

It was announced last season that S. Quigley has another year of eligibility and that he was expected back with UConn baseball. That he played in summer ball this summer helps to reinforce that he is likely back in Storrs this fall.

Reaction Score
It was announced last season that S. Quigley has another year of eligibility and that he was expected back with UConn baseball. That he played in summer ball this summer helps to reinforce that he is likely back in Storrs this fall.
I thought so. Just shows you can’t always believe what u read lol. With all the Covid eligibility, rs, etc. it makes it tough to keep track of. Especially college baseball n college Olympic sports in general, info is often tough to come by

Reaction Score
I thought so. Just shows you can’t always believe what u read lol. With all the Covid eligibility, rs, etc. it makes it tough to keep track of. Especially college baseball n college Olympic sports in general, info is often tough to come by
All D3 baseball players received 2 extra years of eligibility. 2020 and 2021 did not count towards there 4 years. With Tammaro, Broadhurst Studley, Malcolm, TC , Hyde we could have one of the oldest lineups in the country.

Reaction Score
All D3 baseball players received 2 extra years of eligibility. 2020 and 2021 did not count towards there 4 years. With Tammaro, Broadhurst Studley, Malcolm, TC , Hyde we could have one of the oldest lineups in the country.

You can add Morton, who is a senior this coming season, to this list as well. It would not surprise me to see UConn baseball having 5 or 6 players who are Grad students as well as Seniors in the regular starting lineup for most games in the coming season. In addition, both Padilla and Garbowski are Juniors this coming season as well. Yup, UConn baseball could indeed have one of the oldest lineups in college ball this coming season.

That also means there are potentially a lot of regular position players will need to be replaced after this season, as a lot of them will likely not be back for the season after this one as well. Hoping that some of the freshmen and sophomore position players show off some ability when they get opportunities to play this coming season, as they very well could be needed to perform the following season.

Reaction Score
Broadhurst is another guy I thought had exhausted his eligibility after last season. I read in an earlier post that he was part of the returning core n it was good news. There’s doesn’t appear to be as big a loss in total HR n power production. The majority is back incl the limited AB guys who showed pop. Experienced roster incl some arms

Reaction Score
Broadhurst is another guy I thought had exhausted his eligibility after last season. I read in an earlier post that he was part of the returning core n it was good news. There’s doesn’t appear to be as big a loss in total HR n power production. The majority is back incl the limited AB guys who showed pop. Experienced roster incl some arms
Huber (17), Freeberger (7) and Smitty (5) are gone. That's 29 HRs gone out of 78 in total (37%). So that will be hard to backfill. Very tough ask for Dalena to match Ben (assuming he plays 1B) you're just not going to fill that void. You'd expect Daniels/Tammarro to increase given full-time roles. Upside for Studs possible. Korey at 10 most likely not a lot of upside there. The catcher from ESCU could provide significant upside if that works out this is the biggest opportunity and who I am most interested in seeing tomorrow. This is why I'd like to see Luke playing the field and get another thumper in the lineup at DH. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Huber (17), Freeberger (7) and Smitty (5) are gone. That's 29 HRs gone out of 78 in total (37%). So that will be hard to backfill. Very tough ask for Dalena to match Ben (assuming he plays 1B) you're just not going to fill that void. You'd expect Daniels/Tammarro to increase given full-time roles. Upside for Studs possible. Korey at 10 most likely not a lot of upside there. The catcher from ESCU could provide significant upside if that works out this is the biggest opportunity and who I am most interested in seeing tomorrow. This is why I'd like to see Luke playing the field and get another thumper in the lineup at DH. We'll see.
Given the %’s, I actually think 30 or so HR is very doable. I would agree that the overall ceiling to exceed the 78 total from last season is probably not there, but I think getting close to that number will be somewhat simple…granted all the other production is repeated. Based upon small sample sizes with the potential replacements, I think it’s there. The arms are always the concern. Dominant pitching always wins out in long run. I really hope Coe is a weekend starter. Lefty, crafty, contact pitcher, keeps defense involved, I think with coe Quigley n Cooke, if healthy, not to mention the arms I have no clue exist on the upcoming roster, it’s a few seasoned arms come June that make all the difference ie ( Peterson Gallagher) n throw in Crawford for arguments sake n you can really wonder What If 2 years ago. But I won’t go there lol! Omaha written all over that squad it’s too bad

Reaction Score
Just to add to this: The bigger picture issue is replacing the production of Huber and Freeberger (127 RBI/~30% of total). The defense should be great no worries there. Of course, the top issue is pitching and constructing a starting rotation that can be relied upon week in and week out. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Just to add to this: The bigger picture issue is replacing the production of Huber and Freeberger (127 RBI/~30% of total). The defense should be great no worries there. Of course, the top issue is pitching and constructing a starting rotation that can be relied upon week in and week out. We shall see.
I think there is a lot more talent in these Freshman arms than they had last year. Abbadessa was the only freshman that contributed last year. Wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 of these arms end up contributing this year.

Reaction Score
One thing for sure, in addition to the returning pitchers from the team last season, UConn baseball has a bunch of new pitchers (both incoming freshmen and transfers joining the team this fall. Should be interesting to see how these new arms to the team end up making solid contributions to the cause this coming season.

Reaction Score
I think there is a lot more talent in these Freshman arms than they had last year. Abbadessa was the only freshman that contributed last year. Wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 of these arms end up contributing
One thing for sure, in addition to the returning pitchers from the team last season, UConn baseball has a bunch of new pitchers (both incoming freshmen and transfers joining the team this fall. Should be interesting to see how these new arms to the team end up making solid contributions to the cause this coming season.
I think there is a lot more talent in these Freshman arms than they had last year. Abbadessa was the only freshman that contributed last year. Wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 of these arms end up contributing this year.
Ellison seems to be a major part of the staff/bullpen as well I know he’s a redshirt but a few more promising arms like that would go a long way having some real depth come May June. 3-4 would be great

Reaction Score
Ellison seems to be a major part of the staff/bullpen as well I know he’s a redshirt but a few more promising arms like that would go a long way having some real depth come May June. 3-4 would be great

From listening to Chris Jones on game broadcasts last season, it was pretty obvious that the UConn coaching staff thought very well of Tom Ellisen and his pitching potential.

Reaction Score
From listening to Chris Jones on game broadcasts last season, it was pretty obvious that the UConn coaching staff thought very well of Tom Ellisen and his pitching potential.
I thought him being called upon late in the season said a lot.

Reaction Score
I thought him being called upon late in the season said a lot.

True. I would add that Ellisen was constantly called upon all through the season, so the coaching staff definitely saw something in him.

Actually, even during the previous season when Ellisen was redshirted, Chris Jones would give him positive mentions during game broadcasts on what the the coaching staff thought of him.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I hadn’t heard of Ellison prior to last season but I’d agree the coaching staff certainly has confidence in him. Pivoting to another question going into the season, any thoughts on Cooke being moved to backend of pen or similar role to Kirby where he can potentially close or eat up innings (granted healthy)? I know his injury was an issue last season so it’s tough to judge his performance overall, idk maybe his value in the long run is in relief or experienced arm late in games. Ellison can easily be a Sunday starter. Again, just throwing some stuff out there and based upon what you mentioned with the amount of transfers n frosh arms, it’ll all change

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom