UConn at Providence Thoughts | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn at Providence Thoughts

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand why anyone cares if the team were playing has black in their scheme. Is it like wearing white pants after Labor Day??

I personally think of this when I’m going to a game, like I wouldn’t wear my red UConn shirt to a St Johns game, but I’m a crazy person so it’s different. I wore my musket throwback Jonathan shirt to the Charleston tournament when we played Xavier and lost in 2OTs and ever since I feel I have to think long and hard about jinxing thru gear choices

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand why anyone cares if the team were playing has black in their scheme. Is it like wearing white pants after Labor Day??

I personally think of this when I’m going to a game, like I wouldn’t wear my red UConn shirt to a St Johns game, but I’m a crazy person so it’s different. I wore my musket throwback Jonathan shirt to the Charleston tournament when we played Xavier and lost in 2OTs and ever since I feel I have to think long and hard about jinxing thru gear choices
Ok, but the uni we are wearing is black? Which isn't our normal color. So if we were going to wear black, the one team I wouldn't wear black against is PC (and maybe Georgetown). Fire that baby up for Creighton.

Reaction Score
Must win game. No excuses except for the slippery court at the dunk!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Is that true? Could do without the gimmicky superstitious stuff.
Calhoun did the same thing. We wore the alternative grey’s Craig Austrie’s freshman year until we lost

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
a 95 year old rivalry continues....

and now, after a pantload of threads, posts, restaurant rec's, and such on all things Providence, it should finally be clear to all asking the question 'who is our rival?' that the answer is PC. it's big fun.

as always, the records are almost completely irrelevant.
they do have that taylor thing going on lately. she's got juice.
coming up near a hundred years -always changing, always the same.
a good time will be had by all, unless ur a lunatic. don't be a lunatic, as they never have a good time.

and, what is with our native land of New England and stadium tunes?
most places out there have 'we will rock u' and such, you know, normal stuff, but here, we get 'sweet caroline, muddy waters, you belong with me,' and im sure, others like those having almost squat to do with a game at hand.
we should dig up a fiddy cent tune having nothing to do with sport to join in. forget michael bolton or michael booboo or whomever of those types that live here.
jumping is a part of most sport. this is how the others do it out there.
i don't even know the words to caroline, muddy, or the taylor one.

Fact: McKinley Morganfield was a huge Standells fan.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

It's more degrading for the opponent if we win. Not only did we beat you, but we did it wearing your colors.

Reaction Score
Is that true? Could do without the gimmicky superstitious stuff.
yeah. we wore the "connecticut" jerseys (and the coaching staff wore red pullovers) for, like, a month last year because of it.

hurley also doesn't change his underwear after a win. it's been well-documented, haha.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
His team was in the stands waiting to play in the BE tourney. Of course it always pops into your head, how is he named God?
Parents' futile attempt to counter the energy of Shammgod?

Reaction Score
The black uniforms were appropriate for our untimely burial.
Said yesterday I don't like gimmickry and now have to find a way to dislike them even more.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
final thought on this chapter in the saga of UConn visits Providence.

the staties were lettin everybody absolutely fly back on the interstate.
80s and even 90s were the norm. my pals be like, in Cranston area, 'no way, u ain't driving. we got a chance to be home faast. get out of the chair.'
cool.

Reaction Score
Positives from the game-
-Hurleys game plan of having everyone push the ball to the rim was long overdue. We have spent entire halves hoisting threes. i just wish we had better guards that coudl finish at the rim. shots just didn;t fall tonight
-the new uniforms didn't work but i'd like to own one
-ticket prices should start to fall for next few games

Reaction Score
The black uniforms were appropriate for our untimely burial.
Said yesterday I don't like gimmickry and now have to find a way to dislike them even more.
Black uniforms were the right color for the gathering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom