UConn at BU in HE playoffs | The Boneyard

UConn at BU in HE playoffs

Reaction Score
I’ll take not playing anymore home games this year for the top 5 finish and first round bye. Playing at BU will be a fun match-up. Another building block for the program and a nice feather in the cap for this Sr class.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If HE is staying at 11 teams permanently, they really should make the 4v5 matchup either 1-1-1 H-A-H, or a 1-2 A-H-H series. Finishing 5th and not getting a single home playoff game (in terms of both competition/reward and revenue) is tough to swallow and doesn’t seem fair.

But I guess it is a good problem to have, so not too upset.

Reaction Score
If HE is staying at 11 teams permanently, they really should make the 4v5 matchup either 1-1-1 H-A-H, or a 1-2 A-H-H series. Finishing 5th and not getting a single home playoff game (in terms of both competition/reward and revenue) is tough to swallow and doesn’t seem fair.

What they really need to do is not give everyone a trophy and go back to their old format..top 8 teams make the playoffs..bottom 3 go home. Then you go 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 4-5 first round and top 4 go to TD Garden.

Reaction Score
Patrick Harper is out for the year for my guys with an illness, and Carpenter and Cockeril both currently have/had the flu. So we need that two week break, hopefully they'll get better. Either way it's a very winnable series for you.

Reaction Score
And don't fear about not getting tickets, there's a 100% guarantee you will be able to walk up and buy them at the box office.

Reaction Score
Patrick Harper is out for the year for my guys with an illness, and Carpenter and Cockeril both currently have/had the flu. So we need that two week break, hopefully they'll get better. Either way it's a very winnable series for you.
This will be a good series...IMHO the break will get Greenway back into the swing of things. That line of Greenway & Tkachuk will cause UConn problems up front due to their size. I’m interested to see how UConn responds to the time off and step up in level of play. So far they haven’t done so well.

Reaction Score

Not sure if there another thread on this or not, but what do we think the chances of Hockey East expanding to 12 teams are?

Reaction Score
This will be a good series...IMHO the break will get Greenway back into the swing of things. That line of Greenway & Tkachuk will cause UConn problems up front due to their size. I’m interested to see how UConn responds to the time off and step up in level of play. So far they haven’t done so well.
Greenway was surprisingly refreshed and skating hard all weekend, so I wouldn't worry too much there. Brady plays hard but sometimes gets out of control, he got thrown out of the game tonight unfortunately. Oettinger has responded very well to his abysmal performance in Hartford last week, only two goals allowed in the three games since. But he's been streaky this year so that could easily change.

For reference on how bad Harper's illness apparently is:

Quinn: “It’s unfortunate, but the good news is it’s nothing life-threatening...We just got word today.” He said he couldn’t pronounce what the illness is but that they will elaborate on it.

That he even had to qualify that is something. I'd heard through the grapevine that he lost an enormous amount of weight and is not in physical shape to be able to play.

Reaction Score
Not sure if there another thread on this or not, but what do we think the chances of Hockey East expanding to 12 teams are?
I believe Holy Cross is the new team in waiting. Their women program joins Hockey East next year.

Reaction Score
I believe Holy Cross is the new team in waiting. Their women program joins Hockey East next year.

There has been some media speculation on a possible twelfth team to Hockey East, and Holy Cross very much gets mentioned as a leading candidate.

Reaction Score
I personally wish they came in 6'th place, and get a 2-3 game series at home with little time off. You all saw what happened after Christmas break.

Reaction Score
I personally wish they came in 6'th place, and get a 2-3 game series at home with little time off. You all saw what happened after Christmas break.
You can look at it that way...but at the end of the day this finish is what the program needs. The kids who are returning will want that as a minimum bench mark...next year let’s host that round. Let’s be honest ..a few games go the other way..specifically the Maine and Merrimack games in OT and the losses to Merrimack & season final to UMass...they are hosting BU as the 4th place team.

Reaction Score
I already bought my tickets for Friday and Sat in 104 via Ticketmaster.

However, UConn should announce their ticket offer or whatever soon.

Is UConn getting an allotment of tickets? Is it in a specific section?

Fans are probably already buying(like most here) already.

Them knowing it was going to be @ BU or home, they should have had the tweet/offer for BU right after the game ended.

I would have rather bought thru UConn.

I know not as important and drastic in terms of perception/CR, but if UConn gets an allotment and have to send them back due to people already buying tickets, it will be a bad look.

Maybe not on Friday due to work/traffic, but I think a good amount will show up.

To have the visitor side or section full with UConn fans would be awesome

Reaction Score
I already bought my tickets for Friday and Sat in 104 via Ticketmaster.

However, UConn should announce their ticket offer or whatever soon.

Is UConn getting an allotment of tickets? Is it in a specific section?

Fans are probably already buying(like most here) already.

Them knowing it was going to be @ BU or home, they should have had the tweet/offer for BU right after the game ended.

I would have rather bought thru UConn.

I know not as important and drastic in terms of perception/CR, but if UConn gets an allotment and have to send them back due to people already buying tickets, it will be a bad look.

Maybe not on Friday due to work/traffic, but I think a good amount will show up.

To have the visitor side or section full with UConn fans would be awesome

To be fair, BU won't have ticket information until Monday. We didn't even have tickets for sale either Friday or Saturday to fans already at the games when it was known we'd be at home. 104 is a joint visitor/season ticket holder section. Dumb how Agganis lumps them together now instead of the old process of giving visiting fans 106 and not selling season tickets there.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who doesn't want Holy Cross?
You aren't at all. Most don't want them, in their current form, including those in Hockey East leadership. The one everyone wants is QU but they seem content sticking around ECAC. HC's on-campus facility is terrible and too small and they aren't nearly popular enough to make a dent at filling the DCU Center. They tried playing BC and Providence there over the past couple of years and each barely drew 2,500. The program isn't good, they have weak fan support, and their facility makes XL look like a palace. HE is probably going to wait things out for a bit and see where the dust settles in any future realignment or program adds. They probably will poke the cage with QU once more down the line, see if there's any interest at URI, potentially look at RPI, and perhaps other options I don't know about all before extending an invite to Holy Cross. No one wants them.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Anybody have any idea what time the games will be?

Reaction Score
You aren't at all. Most don't want them, in their current form, including those in Hockey East leadership. The one everyone wants is QU but they seem content sticking around ECAC. HC's on-campus facility is terrible and too small and they aren't nearly popular enough to make a dent at filling the DCU Center. They tried playing BC and Providence there over the past couple of years and each barely drew 2,500. The program isn't good, they have weak fan support, and their facility makes XL look like a palace. HE is probably going to wait things out for a bit and see where the dust settles in any future realignment or program adds. They probably will poke the cage with QU once more down the line, see if there's any interest at URI, potentially look at RPI, and perhaps other options I don't know about all before extending an invite to Holy Cross. No one wants them.
I like the consensus on USCHO about staying at 11 and going with top 8 teams for post-season like you have brought up here in the past. It makes teams fight for something and to me would make for some great hockey down the stretch with a post season berth on the line. QU and unfortunately HC work for travel ...after the ND debacle travel wise RPI would be a hike for a lot of teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom