UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
I think we have our eyes set on Liam McNeely for that role.
Hurley essentially mentioned McNeely in the pre-Elite 8 presser. They asked him about talking to non-players between now and the end of the season, and he said he's only talked to one high school player and he more or less intends to let Moore deal with everything else until after our season is over.

Reaction Score
Hurley essentially mentioned McNeely in the pre-Elite 8 presser. They asked him about talking to non-players between now and the end of the season, and he said he's only talked to one high school player and he more or less intends to let Moore deal with everything else until after our season is over.
We had to figure someone was assigned to contacting portal talent. Moore is making sure that these players know there is an interest, and that it's worth it to not many any rushed decisions.

Reaction Score
Hass is a senior. Hurley is 100% a seniority kind of coach. It shouldn’t even be a question at this point.

It works, but that’s the fact of the matter. Hass having a super dependable high floor meant us not having patience for Solo’s freshman growing pains which is very understandable.

I could be wrong on how Hass would be as a starter just as I was wrong about how good he could be this year. But the ceiling would for sure be much higher with Solo because of his talent. So I’m not sure why we wouldn’t root for that.

Solo is a future lottery pick, I’m not exactly sure what Hassan’s ceiling is for it to be worth him taking another year of development away from Solo by having him play out of position.
O what do you base your opinion that solo ball will be a lottery pick?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Please don't let this thread turn into a political debate. To try to be kind (to many who do not warrant kindness) I do not understand the views of what appears to be the bulk of our "academic elite". I will leave it at that, but there are certain schools that a portion of our citizenship should want nothing to do with.

Reaction Score
I’ll just cut and paste my original post about Wolf last month. He is a Hurley and UConn culture kind of player….

I have a friend with close connections to the IBBA and its national teams. He told me last summer that the IBBA raved about Wolf’s work ethic, smarts and team-first mentality in the U-20 silver medal run. If this kid doesn’t end up in the NBA, he won’t be going home to Chicago. He’ll likely have a long and distinguished career at Mac T.A. or Hapoel Jerusalem.

Having a seven footer who can shoot threes and drive to the hoop, along with Samson doing his rim running, would mark a third consecutive year of having two UConn centers with completely different skill sets to throw at opposing teams. One could dream.
I go by the eye test and the two tournament games I saw tell me that UConn would be very fortunate
To have him

Reaction Score
I like what Wolf brings to the floor and hope they get him here. Then see if they can add a defensive physical 5 that gives us a different look.
He fits, and would be His path to the NBA if he's worthy.

Love the Avatar. That was my Avatar on the old Rivals board back in 04-'06, then I stopped posting on boards.

Reaction Score
Georgetown would be…. A choice. I guess they have the elite academics and reportedly one heck of a bag.
Georgetown seems like they would be a great choice for him. Cooley is going to turn it around there with the portal and the freshmen he has coming in and Wolf would be guaranteed a starting position.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I get what @HuskyWarrior611 is saying - he’s more confident in it than most but I don’t dismiss it totally.

I do think we need multiple guards to add, and I’d say regardless of Solo’s positional future, we need some shooters and some size in our backcourt next year.
Yes regardless, would be great to add a 2/3 shooter with some ball handling abilities.

But also, if we ever planned on seeing what Romo has next year would be the year for it. Interesting that the roster lists him as a 6’8 guard:

Reaction Score
How is it that his kid gets to play 6 seasons and Cam does not?

Gibson Jimerson

Old school: Saint Louis

Shooters like Jimerson don't come around often. The 6-foot-5 wing hit 39.5% of his 789 long-range attempts over five seasons for Saint Louis. He's got one season left to play and should be heavily pursued after demonstrating one of college basketball's most consistent outside strokes in an unparalleled sample size.

Reaction Score
How is it that his kid gets to play 6 seasons and Cam does not?

Gibson Jimerson

Old school: Saint Louis

Shooters like Jimerson don't come around often. The 6-foot-5 wing hit 39.5% of his 789 long-range attempts over five seasons for Saint Louis. He's got one season left to play and should be heavily pursued after demonstrating one of college basketball's most consistent outside strokes in an unparalleled sample size.
Covid year + full medical redshirt year I believe.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
O what do you base your opinion that solo ball will be a lottery pick?
What did Jordan Hawkins show at this point in his freshman year that he’d be a lottery pick?

If you watched the game and not a stat sheet, you see this kid might be one of the most talented guards in the country.

He just needs… wait for it. Coaching. And opportunity.

Reaction Score
He played 10 games in his freshman year. Not sure why he was given a full redshirt.
Because it was before the halfway point of the season. I'm a little confused though, it's supposed to be you can't participate in 30% or more of the games in the season and he competed in 32% of their games. Cam gets screwed because the 5 games he played his sophomore season were at the end of the year.

Like everything with the NCAA the rules are incredibly stupid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom