UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Ehh, he may just be focused on an elite academic university as one of the main criteria, rather than purely a basketball decision. If that’s the case, we just don’t have a shot.
My wife went to the U. Mich--Overrated institution. Better than Uconn, but not "elite". They're not graduating troves of Leaders of this World in any industry that I'm aware of.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If that's the case then it's all about the "bag" and I'm good. Hurley doesn't want that in the locker room.
Michigan fans would laugh so hard at them, out of all programs, being considered an NIL program.

You must not have read why Hunter Dickenson left.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
To become a Jayhawk, get paid and get away from Juan Howard.
All things could be true. But lack of NIL was a reason he was very clear about. We aren’t losing any recruiting battles to them because of that bro.

"The people hating on me would leave their job right now for a $10,000 increase," Dickinson said. "I got, at Michigan, less than six figures. I got less than six figures at Michigan for the year."

Have no idea why he’d go there though over us at this point though outside of academics? Weird choice. But it’s also not over yet.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Vecenie is my favorite evaluator of basketball talent. He’s incredibly sharp. I mentioned in a different thread how he said we should be calling Gibson jimerson from saint louis and seeing this tweet only cements that Tom should make him a priority.

But seriously, yes:

Jimerson has seemingly been around forever, but he was a medical redshirt for the 2019-20 season and was then granted an extra year of eligibility due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so his eligibility didn’t begin ticking until his “junior” season in 2021-22. Because of that — and the Billikens firing head coach Travis Ford — Jimerson, one of the country’s best shooters, is available for the taking. He’s averaged 15.4 points per game over the last three seasons at Saint Louis and has earned All-Atlantic-10 honors each season.

Jimerson has made 39.5 percent of his nearly 800 3-point attempts as a collegiate, and to say his shot diet was difficult is an understatement. His form is about as simple as it gets, with a pristine release out of a set shot that, frankly, you’re surprised ever misses. He’s a threat in transition as a trailer and when spotting up and out of relocations, with range extending far beyond the NBA 3-point line. But he did most of his damage running through a bevy of pindown, flare and baseline off-ball screens designed to get him open to fire. His shot motion is versatile enough to function using different forms of footwork. Over the years, he’s grown more adept at using the threat of his shot to attack the rim.

Any program whose offensive scheme features lots of off-ball movement to generate 3s should call Jimerson. Connecticut, in particular, should be calling him off the hook. — Sam Vecenie

Reaction Score
In all likelihood it was Kansas from the start, and he was just listing really good teams for the PR. His list was Kansas and then a bunch of teams still playing IIRC.
Kansas is - obviously - going to be very aggressive. They have the money and they perceive lack of depth as their weakness last year.

Better they sign their guys early before Hurley shows his hand.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he’s gotta shut up
That big mouth Dan Hurley, too. The man is a walking billboard for hiring his assistants away from him (it is almost like he wants them to have a future as head coaches).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That big mouth Dan Hurley, too. The man is a walking billboard for hiring his assistants away from him (it is almost like he wants them to have a future as head coaches).

In all seriousness, I’m sure they’ve been approached many times. The reason why they’re still here is likely (a) they’re getting paid $$$, (b) Murray can be picky and (c) Kimani being picky and also facing the consequences of long-ago misconduct (unfairly in my view). But it’s a matter of when, not if.

Reaction Score
I know the priority is a SG and center but if TJ Power enters the portal would he be of any interest to the staff ?
Five star from Massachusetts who didn’t play a lot of minutes for Duke this year and will be fighting for playing time again next year with the returnees and the incoming freshman class.
He was a real good spot up shooter coming out of HS who could score at all 3 levels. Maybe play a stretch 3 for a year until AK graduates and could then battle Stewart for the 4 ?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I know the priority is a SG and center but if TJ Power enters the portal would he be of any interest to the staff ?
Five star from Massachusetts who didn’t play a lot of minutes for Duke this year and will be fighting for playing time again next year with the returnees and the incoming freshman class.
He was a real good spot up shooter coming out of HS who could score at all 3 levels. Maybe play a stretch 3 for a year until AK graduates and could then battle Stewart for the 4 ?
1000% yes.

Reaction Score
1000% yes.
Thought so and glad to hear that.
Hopefully he’ll understand that the Duke name doesn’t guarantee winning and success anymore and he’ll enter the portal.

Reaction Score
It's a long shot, but Zeke Mayo would be like getting Cam Spencer again. If He's truly considering Creighton, i hope he would consider Uconn after we finish business in Glendale.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't see why, he wasn't good enough to play any minutes this year, why would he suddenly become a player for us?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom