UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
An NBA Coach was fired this season after going 30-13 in the first 43 games of his head coaching career. I am sure NBA coaches are really concerned about developing some selfish 19 year old over their own jobs. NBA coaches need to win, NOW.

This is why the NBA track record of young player development is so muddled, and why you are increasingly seeing them cut players loose sooner than later. Bouknight says "hello".
https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1771262970456072237?s=46&t=Ll3aB-ktQN4gyZkDkQ2QUg they still produce more impact NBA players than any other school. It’s not even close either.

Reaction Score
SJU has a s---ton of money. I wouldn't discount them if it comes down to money.
This idea around the board that the Big East can't compete is insane. Johnnies and Georgetown are both going to get hauls and Nova will again too if everyone isn't scared off by how much Neptune sucks.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1771262970456072237?s=46&t=Ll3aB-ktQN4gyZkDkQ2QUg they still produce more impact NBA players than any other school. It’s not even close either.
they still produce deliver more impact NBA players than any other school

FIFY

They aren't producing or developing any NBA players. They are a stopover for elite NBA talent.

There is a big difference. And I think the Kentucky fans are at their tipping point now. My guess is that they pivot at Kentucky and shift the $5MM they spend on 5 elite HS recruits to $2MM for 2-3 elite HS recruits and $3MM for 2-3 of the top transfer portal talent.

Reaction Score
This idea around the board that the Big East can't compete is insane. Johnnies and Georgetown are both going to get hauls and Nova will again too if everyone isn't scared off by how much Neptune sucks.
If they are scared off by how much Neptune sucks just think about how bad Villanova might be next year.

Reaction Score
Feels like he makes more sense in that third ball-handler role off the bench and as a developmental piece to work on his shot. Got a bit of a funky motion.

we recently have had guys with funky motions in AJ and AK

Reaction Score
Hurley should give the coaches a list of portal targets and assign one assistant to work it. The rest focus on game prep. It's a different world today.

Reaction Score
Hurley should give the coaches a list of portal targets and assign one assistant to work it. The rest focus on game prep. It's a different world today.
Every staff in the nation is doing both…..they have a large staff that also helps with breaking down opponents and game prep

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
they still produce deliver more impact NBA players than any other school

FIFY

They aren't producing or developing any NBA players. They are a stopover for elite NBA talent.

There is a big difference. And I think the Kentucky fans are at their tipping point now. My guess is that they pivot at Kentucky and shift the $5MM they spend on 5 elite HS recruits to $2MM for 2-3 elite HS recruits and $3MM for 2-3 of the top transfer portal talent.
If it was that easy Kansas and especially UNC would deliver the same results but they don’t.

He might not prepare them to win in school but it seems like he does a good job of teaching them how to succeed in the league.

Hurley is taking down barrier after barrier for himself. That will be the next one outside of getting his players drafted.

Reaction Score
He's a projected top 5 pick so unless UConn is joining the NBA we can't get him
UConn needs to find competition somewhere. Europe is far and plays with funny rules.

Reaction Score
So far-G AJ Storr(formerly of St Johns) has not confirmed he's returning to Wisconsin next year when asked that question in a press conference.

Reaction Score
Would be an absolute killer in Hurley’s system, but strikes me as a dude that will go wherever the money is highest.
Agree with you on NIL but IIRC- Storr was always a Hurley favorite as an opposing player. Spoke highly of him. Who knows??

Reaction Score
Agree with you on NIL but IIRC- Storr was always a Hurley favorite as an opposing player. Spoke highly of him. Who knows??
He’s super talented. If he came here and bought into Hurley’s system, I think he’d put up wild numbers.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch when Hurley mentioned Tom Moore playing the role of GM? I’ve seen a couple places that Kimani and Luke are alternating scouts with Luke getting NC if we get there. Tom is probably focusing solely on the portal this post season. Great but tough when our best recruiters are also our best X and O guys.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nope, that was removed in December. Free transfers for everyone!
Don’t know if it’s official yet. A TRO happened in December that allowed it but I have no idea if that case has been settled or if that TRO carries over into the next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom