UCONN and Giants Next Sunday | The Boneyard

UCONN and Giants Next Sunday

Reaction Score
UCONN at 5:00 at XL, Big Blue at 4:40 vs Green Bay. On a normal year I wouldn't think of skipping a UCONN game. This year....

Reaction Score
Not everyone's a Giants or Pats fan on here, but do what you must. Giants and Packers are both playing great football lately - should be a good one.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The Giants and UConn set the tone for me. I call it my super sports weekend. If they split it's kind of okay, I snap out of it. Both lose I am in a fog for a couple of days. When they both win? I am buying beer for everyone, even people I don't know. This is what gets me through the depressing winter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When will UConn and their TV partners realize you just don't go up against your NFL locals. I recognize the playoffs times were just announced but this was part of the expected playoff window.

UConn has no say and the TV partner finds it a feature not a bug.

Reaction Score
This isn't the first time the Giants and/or Patriots are playing the same as UConn. It happens.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The Giants and UConn set the tone for me. I call it my super sports weekend. If they split it's kind of okay, I snap out of it. Both lose I am in a fog for a couple of days. When they both win? I am buying beer for everyone, even people I don't know. This is what gets me through the depressing winter.
I think you've got a few Giant/UCONN doppelgangers on this site me included

Reaction Score
Even in a good year for UConn I have no idea how this is a question if you are a big fan of both teams.

UConn game may get some coverage during commercial breaks and halftime of the Giants.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
lol football
Lol giants

Pathetic that there is even a choice especially if you have game tix.

Don't people have a DVR? It's 2017

August_West

Reaction Score
I agree AW you guys can DVR the Huskies right?:oops:

Nope I'll be at game laughing at so called " fan" ticket holders who skipped a game where team desperately needs support to watch a first round lol NFL game.

The only scenarios giants over UConn takes hold is if you have tickets to both.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If they both win I'll send you my address.

Reaction Score
UCONN at 5:00 at XL, Big Blue at 4:40 vs Green Bay. On a normal year I wouldn't think of skipping a UCONN game. This year....
I will go to UCONN game. If Giants lose, I don't want to see it. After they win, it makes the next game MORE important.

Reaction Score
Nope I'll be at game laughing at so called " fan" ticket holders who skipped a game where team desperately needs support to watch a first round lol NFL game.

The only scenarios giants over UConn takes hold is if you have tickets to both.
Your telling me a regular season uconn game is more important then a playoff game? Come on. If the cowboys were on I would defiantly be skipping the game Sunday.

What if you haven't missed a game all year and do Sunday to watch the Giants. Does that make you a bad fan/season ticket holder?

Reaction Score
Your telling me a regular season uconn game is more important then a playoff game? Come on. If the cowboys were on I would defiantly be skipping the game Sunday.

What if you haven't missed a game all year and do Sunday to watch the Giants. Does that make you a bad fan/season ticket holder?
No real Giants fan, or any real fan of an NFL team, would skip a playoff game to watch UConn/UCF. None.

August_West

Reaction Score

Yes

Edit to add unless you give your tickets to less fortunate fans who support our kids. Fill the seats with a gesture of good will and that is great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn's regular season games have now officially become practice sessions for the AAC tournament. Not hard to prioritize the NFL playoffs over that. Fortunately for me, I'm a Pats fan. So it's not an issue anyway, we got the weekend off

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm thinking of creating a trophy to commemorate this historic sports day.

It is only fitting that two of the most storied and legendary sports teams with a fierce natural rivalry should meet on a bitter January day for such a momentous game.

Can't believe anyone would consider watching the Giants-Packers playoff instead.

It's like a Civil ConFLiCT or something...

cgb_hnrwgaamiej.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm not a Giants fan (Eagles), I don't like the NFL as much as I used to, and college basketball is my favorite sport.

But this is a tough one for me. Giants-Packers, at Lambeau, in single digit temperatures, is about as good as it gets. You only get so many of those games and you never know how many more you're going to get.

I'll probably watch UConn on the laptop (assuming that's an option) and football on the TV.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll be home so will watch both, with the Giants on the side TV behind the bar, UConn on the main screen. But I'm a Pats fan, so this is a no brainer. If a fan of both I'd go to whichever I had tickets for and DVR the other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom