UCONN and Giants Next Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN and Giants Next Sunday

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
D. V. R.

This is a non-issue...and Go Pack Go!!!

Reaction Score
Problem is both teams seem to always have slow starts. But with football the drama begins in the late 3rd or 4th quarter.

So for me its UConn TV and Giants PC (laptop). Now's the time to have dual screen TV.

Reaction Score
D. V. R.

This is a non-issue...and Go Pack Go!!!
Thank you so much for paying Josh Norman 75 mill. As a Giants fan I could not be happier with that decision and his 20 mill cap hit on yall next year. I hope you guys are just as smart with Kirky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Trying to get to Green Bay as my uncle has tickets for the game as a Packer season ticket holder and I am a huge Giant's fan.

Go Big Blue and Go UConn
Went to Lambeau to see the Giants lose in October. Well worth the trip!

Reaction Score
This is not even a question, I'll be watching Giants playoff game over meaningless UCONN game. Even if UCONN was having a great season, playoff games trump regular season games. Usually I would DVR the UCONN game and watch later, but not sure I can stomach watching them right now.

Reaction Score
yo, unless uconn smokes memphis thursday and brimah posts a triple-double, i will be watching the giants in the playoffs for the first time in five years.

and even if that does happen... we'll see!

Reaction Score
No real Giants fan, or any real fan of an NFL team, would skip a playoff game to watch UConn/UCF. None.

I disagree. I would argue that no real UConn fan would make a statement like this.

Reaction Score
January 22nd XL at 6:00 PM right in the middle of NFL AFC & NFC Championship! Love to see the attendance for that if both the Giants and Pats are playing in their conference Championships. Thanks a Lot CBS Sports Network!

Reaction Score
When will UConn and their TV partners realize you just don't go up against your NFL locals. I recognize the playoffs times were just announced but this was part of the expected playoff window.
Just be happy that TV doesn't have us playing at 8am on a Tuesday.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
UCONN at 5:00 at XL, Big Blue at 4:40 vs Green Bay. On a normal year I wouldn't think of skipping a UCONN game. This year....

I'm a Patriots fan, I might stay home

if I'm going to sit in the bar to drink my blues away, it's a lot cheaper to drink at home where I can change the channel too

just my wife will be busting my balls about our contribution, guess I have to suck it up

maybe I'll pretend I'm sick

Reaction Score
Easy to have a lot of cap space when you do not have a QB under contract. Outside of the Pats, who have Brady on a team friendly deal, all the teams with more space have QBs on rookie contracts or no QB at all.

If you sign Kirk you can subtract 20-25 mill from that and you are in the middle of the pack for space with 2 WRs to sign and entire defense to build.

Giants went into FA last year with 60 mill of space with Eli counting 24.5 mill against the cap.

Again, thank you for the Josh Norman signing.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Easy to have a lot of cap space when you do not have a QB under contract. Outside of the Pats, who have Brady on a team friendly deal, all the teams with more space have QBs on rookie contracts or no QB at all.

If you sign Kirk you can subtract 20-25 mill from that and you are in the middle of the pack for space with 2 WRs to sign and entire defense to build.

Giants went into FA last year with 60 mill of space with Eli counting 24.5 mill against the cap.

Again, thank you for the Josh Norman signing.
You didn't read the part that addressed Cousins (There is a good chance he won't re-sign, especially if Shanahan and McVay get HC jobs elsewhere)?

I foresee the "Skins only signing one of the two WRs. Word is that Jackson was headed back to Philly as early as Thanksgiving. Doctson should be healthy, and Crowder is more than serviceable in the slot.

Each year is different. Oh and signing Norman was not my decision, nor my money. There is no need to thank me.

Reaction Score
You didn't read the part that addressed Cousins (There is a good chance he won't re-sign, especially if Shanahan and McVay get HC jobs elsewhere)?

I foresee the "Skins only signing one of the two WRs. Word is that Jackson was headed back to Philly as early as Thanksgiving. Doctson should be healthy, and Crowder is more than serviceable in the slot.

Each year is different. Oh and signing Norman was not my decision, nor my money. There is no need to thank me.
Who is going to play QB then? I feel like they have to sign him, and if they cannot they franchise him again.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Who is going to play QB then? I feel like they have to sign him, and if they cannot they franchise him again.
Franchising him is apparently an option, but I'm not in Washington's front office, nor am I a cap-ologist. I've simply followed the team, for better or worse, for the last 34 or so years. I root for burgundy and gold jerseys, which is a cool color combo to a 6 year old (Red, White, Blue, and Silver in the AFC). That's about the size of it.

Interesting coming from a Giants fan, the vast majority of whom lament their own general manager and who's offense is basically being held together with smoke and mirrors itself.

That said, to answer the original question in this post? I plan on using the DVR extensively this weekend. I will probably not watch any Sunday games live. I'll start the UConn game right around when halftime starts in real time, and the watch the NFL playoff games on a delay. That way I can fast forward through any and all stoppages and commercials.

Reaction Score
UConn and Giants the same time Sunday...now let's talk Redskins. Heard Diallo is going to take the rest of the this year to work on his routes and keeping his feet in bounds. All that while drinking the Best Beer to get bigger and the Best Pizza. Wants to play for the Giants not the Wildcats or Huskies

Husky25

Reaction Score
UConn and Giants the same time Sunday...now let's talk Redskins.
I didn't bring it up. Merely answered a direct question and if you noticed, I tried to bring it back to the original topic at hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom