Uconn and Boise who is in better position for Conference Realignment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn and Boise who is in better position for Conference Realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A soldout Yankee Stadium with a large UCONN contingency would go a LONG way towards helping our CR cause. Hopefully, UCONN will have a winning record at that point. If we repeat 2013 in 2014, it will be an embarrassing black eye.

How are we going to sell out the house that Ruth built when we rarely sell out the house that UTC built? Your reasoning is correct, just not doable at this point

Reaction Score
Since there isn't much going on thought I would start something up... see if anyone bothers. Between the two who gets into a P5 conference first?

Boise has some good football going on. But there academics are comparable to a Animal college and I don't think the Pac 12 will ever be desperate enough for sports only teams like the ACC was for Louisville. I kind of think the same thing with the Big 12 concerning them. So are they totally screwed?

As for Uconn we all know they have limited friends in the ACC and the Big 1o is uncertain.Both are kind of stuck but for difference reasons.

Boise St lets cats in there college that can talk and we cant make friends at all.....

A few years ago, I would have considered the proposition you offer laughable. Recent events indicate that the question is now valid. Who'd a thunk it?

Reaction Score
The next conference to expand is likely the Big12.
Their targets would probably be
- Cincinnati
- someone from Mtn
- BYU
- USF and UCF

Boise is far and has a new FB coach. But if they remain strong in FB, they will be attractive.

I believe you are right that the Big 12 will expand, but I bet WVU would like UConn, Cin and maybe UCF for eastern partners...

Reaction Score
I believe you are right that the Big 12 will expand, but I bet WVU would like UConn, Cin and maybe UCF for eastern partners...

The problem is IF they do expand it will be because they need a championship game to make sure their conference champ is in the mix for the playoff. In that case they would most likely only add 2 schools and UConn is probably not one of those schools.

If the Big 12 expands it will be Cinci and one of the Fla schools, IMO

Reaction Score

WV is one vote out of 10.

FB drives decisions. Schools that have the strongest programs, with a solid recruiting base, and the best long-term potential, will get selected.

Reaction Score
WV is one vote out of 10.

FB drives decisions. Schools that have the strongest programs, with a solid recruiting base, and the best long-term potential, will get selected.
That maybe so(1 vote) but I believe WVU has a stipulation in their contract with the b12 that they get an eastern partner/partners soon or can leave w/o penalty? As shaky as the B12 is can they afford to let the ACC add them further weakening the B12's national perception as a Texahoma conference? A NY area and maybe Fla presence might get them back(perceptionwise) ahead of the ACC. If I was them I'd double down on UCF/USF and UC for southern Ohio and biggest of all UConn for NYC/NE penetration. 14 is the prevailing popular number for now to staying relevant in the CR game with 16 looking ahead

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The problem is IF they do expand it will be because they need a championship game to make sure their conference champ is in the mix for the playoff. In that case they would most likely only add 2 schools and UConn is probably not one of those schools.

If the Big 12 expands it will be Cinci and one of the Fla schools, IMO

The Big 12 isn't going to expand to add AAC schools. Too many big egos in Austin to allow that to happen. The power brokers in that league (TX and OU) both can practically choose the conference they want to join should the Big 12 fall apart. It is best for them to ride it out as long as possible. In a way it is like the Big East where the more influential schools had options while fringe schools like UC and USF were the ones left out. I have a feeling TCU and Baylor will be in the same spot we are in, give it about a decade...

Reaction Score
That maybe so(1 vote) but I believe WVU has a stipulation in their contract with the b12 that they get an eastern partner/partners soon or can leave w/o penalty? As shaky as the B12 is can they afford to let the ACC add them further weakening the B12's national perception as a Texahoma conference? A NY area and maybe Fla presence might get them back(perceptionwise) ahead of the ACC. If I was them I'd double down on UCF/USF and UC for southern Ohio and biggest of all UConn for NYC/NE penetration. 14 is the prevailing popular number for now to staying relevant in the CR game with 16 looking ahead
If that happens all the schools from the conference that wasn't good enough for the BCS will be in a BCS conference. Rekindle with WVU and build a rivalry with Cincy further. Travel to the Lonestar State to play Texas and Texas Tech instead of SMU and Houston. Keep the alumni/NE transplants in Florida happy. Have awesome basketball games vs KU. AKA good things don't happen to UConn and this won't happen.

Reaction Score
Nicky....There is no Big 12 contractual stipulation that WVU has an "out" if no eastern partner is found...and WVU has signed a binding GOR.

Oliver Luck (WVU AD) is definitely on the record about the fact that he believes that the Big 12 needs to expand eastward.

"There is additional movement to come in conference realignment. We can't allow what happened to the Big East happen to the Big 12 as far as only having 10 teams. We're happy where we are right now but nobody believes conference realignment is over. But, it is important for us to have eastern partners in the conference."

Reaction Score
The problem is that he is not finding enough support within the conference for the eastern partners.

If the media contracts are not upped sufficiently by the "adds", each current school would take a pay cut as the pieces of the pie get smaller.

What is bolstering the monies of the Big 12 programs right now, is that their pie is only cut 10 ways instead of 14.

Big 12 Commissioner Bowsby has said in the last year...

"As for whether the Big 12 expand or not anytime soon, Bowlsby likes where the conference stands currently with 10 teams.

“We’re distributing the largest amount of money of any conference on a per-member basis,” Bowlsby pointed out. "

My thought? I think that the playoff committee might reward CCG winners and that the Big 12 might be forced to go to at least 12 if their champ does not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom