UCONN Alum NBA Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UCONN Alum NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know what's absurd? Kemba's starting at point guard in the NBA, playing 36 mpg ... and averaging 1.5 turnovers per game. That's ABSURD.

I know I've made this point before, but his low shooting percentages aren't as big a factor when he simply never turns the ball over.

Reaction Score
You know what's absurd? Kemba's starting at point guard in the NBA, playing 36 mpg ... and averaging 1.5 turnovers per game. That's ABSURD.

I know I've made this point before, but his low shooting percentages aren't as big a factor when he simply never turns the ball over.

Not to mention, he has one of the highest usage rates in the league.

Reaction Score
Bazz currently in with garbage minutes. Tune to TNT. Looking smooth out there..several nifty passes in a row. Really want to kill Spoelstra for not playing him more. So dumb of the Heat

caw

Reaction Score
Napier is slinging the ball around. Should have three assists already if guys could hit shots.

Reaction Score
Spoelstra has lost his damn mind. Why he doesn't start rolling out a starting five of Napier, Wade, Deng, Bosh and Whiteside is beyond me. Christ, they are terrible at the point.

Reaction Score
Spoelstra has lost his damn mind. Why he doesn't start rolling out a starting five of Napier, Wade, Deng, Bosh and Whiteside is beyond me. Christ, they are terrible at the point.

Even Kevin Harlan and Greg Anthony were questioning why Spo wasn't playing Whiteside after they got worked in the 3rd.

Reaction Score
didnt' catch the heat game, but lookin at minute distribution ... looks like spo had his hands all over it again lmao. whiteside gets 10/8/ 4 blocks and plays way less than birdman? napier was tossed in for garbage time while rio is given free reign ? http://firespo.com/

oh and gerald henderson is legit. I love how that guy has worked on his game, no more trying to be like kobe. he is a great physical specimen and now plays within himself. AND he is a plus defender. he can get on that jimmy butler ish.

Reaction Score
Napier has the highest turnover % for PGs in the league. Kemba has the lowest. Just an interesting fact.

Reaction Score
Wow pistons vs hawks tonight. *birdman hand rub* gonna be a good one. drummond is going to have a monster game as hoford isn't really a quick jumper. milsap might go off though

Reaction Score
Chalmers, after being surprisingly decent at the beginning of the year, has been unthinkably bad lately. He's averaging 9 points and 4 assists on 34% shooting over the last 22 games. Somehow, he's still playing 30 minutes per game.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Chalmers, after being surprisingly decent at the beginning of the year, has been unthinkably bad lately. He's averaging 9 points and 4 assists on 34% shooting over the last 22 games. Somehow, he's still playing 30 minutes per game.

And yet Cole has been worse. Not sure how Napier lost his chance after like 40 meh minutes when those two have played worse for about 30 games.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
kemba vs the spurs at 7, heat on at 1030 no clue if bazz will play and drummond on at 7

Reaction Score
Lance Stephenson back, ugh. I still think they should move him to the bench and let him facilitate with the 2nd unit.

Reaction Score
After playing as well as anyone in the week for a like a month Drummond has been non-existent lately.

Reaction Score
FYI, Bazz got the start with DWade out. Didn't see the 1st half but Nate Duncan was saying he was overmatched, but then again he didn't like him pre draft and those guys usually carry those biases. So far in the 3rd I've seen him pick up an assist and knock down a 3 off a high ball screen, but Curry is really working him off the ball. Curry is a nightmare to guard for anyone, gotta be worse as a rookie with very little game action over the past month.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bazz hasn't looked overmatched at all. This is just typical Warriors basketball - they move the ball so well that even the best defensive teams get picked apart.

The Heat came out in the 2nd half and made a game of it, got it down to 11 or 12 or so with most of the Dubs starters on the bench. Bazz was good, making a couple of nice defensive reads, hitting a 3 and generally moving the ball well.

But with apologies to the Heat, they're just not in the same league as the Dubs. I think they're a playoff team in the East, especially with Whiteside playing this well, but Golden State is on another level. They're steamrolling even the best teams right now.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bazz finished with 10 pts, 2 reb, 6 assists & a steal in a 104-89 loss. Had 3 turnovers on 3-of-7 from the floor, 1-0f-3 from 3 and 3-of-4 from the stripe. He was -6 on the night, best mark of any Heat starter (tho that's a noisy stat without a significant sample size).

I suspect he'll be a part of this team's rotation through the playoffs. And make no mistake, this team will be a threat in the East playoffs, because they are excellent defensively. They are the first team in nearly a month to hold Golden State under 110 points.

caw

Reaction Score
Bazz hasn't looked overmatched at all. This is just typical Warriors basketball - they move the ball so well that even the best defensive teams get picked apart.

The Heat came out in the 2nd half and made a game of it, got it down to 11 or 12 or so with most of the Dubs starters on the bench. Bazz was good, making a couple of nice defensive reads, hitting a 3 and generally moving the ball well.

But with apologies to the Heat, they're just not in the same league as the Dubs. I think they're a playoff team in the East, especially with Whiteside playing this well, but Golden State is on another level. They're steamrolling even the best teams right now.

I have to say I thought Shabazz was overmatched, but Curry makes most every Defender look overmatched.

Reaction Score
Bazz finished with 10 pts, 2 reb, 6 assists & a steal in a 104-89 loss. Had 3 turnovers on 3-of-7 from the floor, 1-0f-3 from 3 and 3-of-4 from the stripe. He was -6 on the night, best mark of any Heat starter (tho that's a noisy stat without a significant sample size).

I suspect he'll be a part of this team's rotation through the playoffs. And make no mistake, this team will be a threat in the East playoffs, because they are excellent defensively. They are the first team in nearly a month to hold Golden State under 110 points.

Not sure how you can refer to the 14-15 Heat as "excellent defensively". These aren't the Lebron Heat teams or even the DWade and scraps teams from the early Spo years, they've been pretty terrible defensively this year. Whiteside playing more should help since they can put a legitimate rim protector next to Bosh but they still got a ways to go, their 24th in defensive efficiency this year. I can't see them doing much in the playoffs unless DWade and Bosh just go off, there's a pretty clear line b/w the Hawks, Bulls, Raptors, and Wizards and then the rest of the East right now.

Reaction Score
Drummond with a game-winning tip with .3 left. Drew a charge on Hibbert before with a little Nolanesque embellishment.

Had 16+16 despite severe foul trouble in 2H. Sat with his fourth midway thru 3rd and picked up his 5th 10 seconds after checking in midway through the fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom