UCONN Alum NBA Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UCONN Alum NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
can they just move lamb to CHA ,i'm done watching OKC with how they've treated his development

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The hell did Kemba get that and-1?

Reaction Score
zls44 said:
The hell did Kemba get that and-1?
Only saw 1 replay from far away - they must have seen a reach in low before he started to elevate for the shot. Sort of like the rip through foul that guys like Durant and Harden get all the time.

I missed the fourth quarter - figures. But there were plenty of quality shots in the first three. Especially converting in close with Davis lurking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
is it possible kembas raging inconsistencies has caused the general populace to not recognize his mercurial and other wordly talent and heart? the things he does vs "elite pgs" its hilarious. he kills curry kyrie etc

Reaction Score
is it possible kembas raging inconsistencies has caused the general populace to not recognize his mercurial and other wordly talent and heart? the things he does vs "elite pgs" its hilarious. he kills curry kyrie etc
His poor shooting percentages don't help, but I think playing in Charlotte is the biggest factor.

Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Only saw 1 replay from far away - they must have seen a reach in low before he started to elevate for the shot. Sort of like the rip through foul that guys like Durant and Harden get all the time. I missed the fourth quarter - figures. But there were plenty of quality shots in the first three. Especially converting in close with Davis lurking.

On edit (after the 15 min mark for editing). The baseline angle was the best. Holiday raked him across the upper arm/shoulder. Good call. Pretty horrible decision on D.

Reaction Score
James said:

Efficiency numbers aren't great and Charlotte doesn't win enough (they did the second half of last year but that was riding Jefferson while Kemba's assists went way up and his shooting way down). He's had a lot of 2-15 games, and sometimes his shot total gets up in Kobe territory.

He sometimes has rough days against some of the elite too - Westbrook has been a bad matchup, to be charitable. Lillard too.

He's put a great stretch together but he was really off the rails a month ago. Shooting about 36 percent at one point. Should be back over 40 after today.

Reaction Score
Presidente ‏@Preside88 33m33 minutes ago

@EthanJSkolnick seems like that should be a good thing. Some might argue "strong-willed" is what ultimately separated Deron Williams and CP3

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 32m32 minutes ago

Preside88 ultimately, it is, and they see it that way. But he's pushed back on some stuff & they wanted to make sure he appreciates
Tevi Eber ‏@TeviEber 18m18 minutes ago

@EthanJSkolnick @Preside88 What specifically has Shabazz pushed back on? Any insight?

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 17m17 minutes ago

@TeviEber @Preside88 just a little difficult at times in practice, I've heard.
DangerousPYT @thedangerouspyt
@EthanJSkolnick Interesting insight. Big headed rook? Hmmm
Ethan J. Skolnick ✔ @EthanJSkolnick
Follow

@thedangerouspyt He had that rep at UConn too. He's bright. Bright guys can sometimes be tougher to deal with, until they buy in.

sounds like napier has had enough of spo ttrying to turn him into a spot up shooter and stand in the corner. a typical spo trait, pigeonholing players

Reaction Score
sounds like napier has had enough of spo ttrying to turn him into a spot up shooter and stand in the corner. a typical spo trait, pigeonholing players

Yea I can't stand the PG's role in the Heat's offense, I thought it would change some with no Bron but its still more of the same. I would love to see Bazz in an offense where he can actually run pick and roll. I'm not expecting him to be the same ball dominant type that he was at UConn because there's only a select few that can do that in the NBA(and I even hate when CP3 dribbles too much), but damn in Miami he was barely allowed to do much with the ball, just go stand in the corner or on the wings once the ball was advanced past halfcourt.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Needs to be said that both Charlie V and Ben are having something approaching "career renaissance" seasons. Both over 45% from the floor, and over 40% from 3. Landing in Dallas was a godsend for Charlie - he'll extend his career another 5 years playing for Carlisle (top 3 coach).

It's dicier with Ben, but I could see him ending up in an Anthony Morrow role with a good team next year. His contract is a little weird, though.

Anyway, nice to see. Hopefully Emeka's back next month as well.

Reaction Score
Needs to be said that both Charlie V and Ben are having something approaching "career renaissance" seasons. Both over 45% from the floor, and over 40% from 3. Landing in Dallas was a godsend for Charlie - he'll extend his career another 5 years playing for Carlisle (top 3 coach).

It's dicier with Ben, but I could see him ending up in an Anthony Morrow role with a good team next year. His contract is a little weird, though.

Anyway, nice to see. Hopefully Emeka's back next month as well.
didn't oak say he is not coming back this year, focusing on 2015-2016?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
didn't oak say he is not coming back this year, focusing on 2015-2016?
I thought he said he was coming back in February. But I honestly haven't read any quotes from him in months.

FWIW, Cavs & Raptors message board-types are all-in on signing him once he's ready.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is back with the Heat and ready to go tonight in Portland. But this pic from today...is that normal?:eek:
shabazz.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
When I asked how did Kemba get that and-1, I meant "how the hell did he get that to go in, holy crap".

Reaction Score
zls44 said:
When I asked how did Kemba get that and-1, I meant "how the hell did he get that to go in, holy crap".

Oh. My bad.

Basically, he shot the ball at an upward angle of just over 50 degrees from 12 feet out, carrying it to a spot on the backboard 18 inches above and eight inches to the right of the edge of the rim on its downward trajectory. When the ball made contact with the backboard, it caromed at an obtuse angle, so that the natural downward trajectory and the impact of the backboard redirected the ball on a new path, which was just enough to carry it over the front of the rim, but not so far as to carry it into or over the back rim.

Hope that helps.

Reaction Score
ok triple double alert kemba. this is gettting kind of crazy

Reaction Score
kemba is equal to lowry i dont wanna hear none of that nonsense. its only consistency his issue. the charlotte hornets look like the uconn huskies 2011 without Al btw

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Not a good performance by Kemba tonight.

Had his 30-plus-point streak snapped, and he couldn't even get a triple-double to make up for it.

Reaction Score
No buzzer beater, but two big shot clock buzzer beaters for Kemba in the last 2 minutes with a 3 and a toe-on-the-line 2 (and a pass to Henderson for another shot clock buzzer beater). Ends with 29-7-8 and no turnovers.

In theory, Perhaps shooting a little much for a PG (12-25 tonight) but missing three starters, hard to argue they don't need it and they've won four in a row.

Reaction Score
Hornets offense looking alot better without Al Jeff grinding the sh t outta possessions while working on his 10 second post ups. Gerald Henderson also kind of sent subliminals Jefferson's way during some post game comments after yesterday's win about how well the ball was moving on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom