Uconn - 22nd toughest schedule in the country | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn - 22nd toughest schedule in the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd equate UConn FB moving to the B1G to UConn Hockey moving to Hockey East. We hopefully have the right coach in place right now and if the move happened today, we'll take some lumps the first couple years, but we'll see a spike in attendance and should see "better" recruits. Overall it will improve the program.
It's like that, but magnified many times. No college hockey team has anything close to the following of say, Michigan football. Most people are oblivious to college hockey. The effect of playing football in the SEC of B1G is even more critical. But fundamentally, yes, we'd take our lumps, get better and the league would improve attendance, money and recruiting.

Reaction Score
It's like that, but magnified many times. No college hockey team has anything close to the following of say, Michigan football. Most people are oblivious to college hockey. The effect of playing football in the SEC of B1G is even more critical. But fundamentally, yes, we'd take our lumps, get better and the league would improve attendance, money and recruiting.

Obviously FB is bigger than Hockey. But fundamentally it would the same. Now if we ever did get an invite to B1G does the hockey teams stay in HE or move to the B1G as well?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Obviously FB is bigger than Hockey. But fundamentally it would the same. Now if we ever did get an invite to B1G does the hockey teams stay in HE or move to the B1G as well?
They move and don't think twice. Hockey East is awesome but if the B1G wants us, they want everything and no way UCONN even balks for a milisecond at the thought of leaving HE for the B1G

Reaction Score
They move and don't think twice. Hockey East is awesome but if the B1G wants us, they want everything and no way UCONN even balks for a milisecond at the thought of leaving HE for the B1G

Understandable. I love hockey as much as football and love that we're in the best hockey conference in the country, but B1G isn't too shabby either, so I don't think I would be that disappointed. I'd be ecstatic to see teams like Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa etc visit The Rent. Hoping UConn turns some heads this year.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Understandable. I love hockey as much as football and love that we're in the best hockey conference in the country, but B1G isn't too shabby either, so I don't think I would be that disappointed. I'd be ecstatic to see teams like Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa etc visit The Rent. Hoping UConn turns some heads this year.
You may call me crazy, but a decent hockey team may help attract attention that way.

If the hockey team draws a good crowd and starts to earn more airtime on NESN, the B1G will see that as an asset.

If we can just get a palatable football product on the field, we have so many other athletic successes we will be picked up eventually.

{I hope...}

Reaction Score
You may call me crazy, but a decent hockey team may help attract attention that way.

If the hockey team draws a good crowd and starts to earn more airtime on NESN, the B1G will see that as an asset.

If we can just get a palatable football product on the field, we have so many other athletic successes we will be picked up eventually.

{I hope...}

Time this passed season prevented me getting season tickets to both football and hockey. This year I'll make sure to be there.

UConn also has good soccer, baseball and field hockey teams which I believe will help. It shows we are dedicated to success in all sports not just the money makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom