UConn 2016-17 sked | The Boneyard

UConn 2016-17 sked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dec 21 @ Nebraska
What else do we know? I recall a couple of other dates being announced.

Reaction Score
Dec 04 vs Texas, at Mohegan Sun
Dec 11 @ Kansas St
Dec 21 @ Nebraska

Dates TBA:

Home
No. 3 South Carolina
No. 5 Baylor
No. 8 Ohio State
No. 21 DePaul
Chattanooga
Dayton?

Away
No. 1 Notre Dame
No. 7 Maryland
No. 15 Florida State
LSU

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Every time I see next years schedule I say, "Man, that's a lot of good teams that will be going home disappointed". I would especially like to beat Baylor and Maryland twice this year. Geno, can this be arranged?

Reaction Score
I saw an old report (from Dec 14 I think) saying UConn would be playing Louisville in 16-17.
Anyone know what happened to that?

Reaction Score
upload_2016-6-14_13-11-58.png

2016-17 Schedule Notes

- 13 total Games
- Six home games
- Six away games
- One game at a neutral site
- 10 games against 2016 NCAA Tournament teams
- Seven games against teams that advanced to the 2016 NCAA regional semifinal
- Two games against teams that advanced to the 2016 NCAA regional final
- Seven games against teams rated in the top-15 of the final 2016 RPI
- Nine games against teams rated in the top-40 of the final 2016 RPI
- 12 games against teams rated in the top-100 of the final 2016 RPI
- Six games against teams ranked in the top-10 of the final 2016 AP Poll
- Eight games against teams ranked in the top-20 of the final 2016 AP Poll
- Four games against teams ranked in the top-five of the final 2016 AP Poll
- Five games against teams ranked in the top-seven of the final 2016 AP Poll
- Six games against teams that won either its conference's regular-season or tournament title

[LINK]

Reaction Score
Any idea where the Baylor and SC games are being played? HCC, Gampel, Bridgeport?

Reaction Score

2016-17 Schedule Notes

- 13 total Games
- Six home games
- Six away games
- Six games against teams that won either its conference's regular-season or tournament title

[LINK]
Thanks!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Any idea where the Baylor and SC games are being played? HCC, Gampel, Bridgeport?

Generally speaking, the locations associated with home games are published close to when it's time to pre-order season tickets or game packs.

Reaction Score
Dec 04 vs Texas, at Mohegan Sun
Dec 11 @ Kansas St
Dec 21 @ Nebraska

Dates TBA:

Home
No. 3 South Carolina
No. 5 Baylor
No. 8 Ohio State
No. 21 DePaul
Chattanooga
Dayton?

Away
No. 1 Notre Dame
No. 7 Maryland
No. 15 Florida State
LSU

Whose rankings are these? And no ranking for Texas?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

2016-17 Schedule Notes

- 13 total Games
- Six home games
- Six away games

[LINK]

That is a ridiculous OOC schedule. Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Ohio State, and Maryland? Good lord. In one of the rankings thread, the first post had those 6 teams and UCONN as the top 7 teams! They'll go from playing the nation's toughest OOC schedule to an incredibly underwhelming conference schedule. No light schedule for a young team losing 3 starting seniors...it should be a very entertaining first couple of months of basketball this year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That is a ridiculous OOC schedule. Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Ohio State, and Maryland? Good lord. In one of the rankings thread, the first post had those 6 teams and UCONN as the top 7 teams! They'll go from playing the nation's toughest OOC schedule to an incredibly underwhelming conference schedule. No light schedule for a young team losing 3 starting seniors...it should be a very entertaining first couple of months of basketball this year.

Being member of a conference that only boasts one other top 25 team, forces UConn to "front load" their schedule with top ranked opponents, since they won't see any other top 25 teams (other than USF......maybe) during conference play. Geno is going to find out real quick what kind of team he has this year, and what kind of mettle they have. One thing is for sure, those 13 games will not be a cake walk. Without looking at any other program's OCC, I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that UConn's OOC by far, will be the toughest in WCBB.

Carnac says:
(I'm taking out my cape and turban out of the closet long enough to make this prediction, then back it goes) "UConn will win at least 11 of these 13 OOC games, and run the table (as usual) in conference and conference tournament play". Games that UConn won last year by 40+, they'll win this year by 8-15 points. None of them will be easy. No doubt their toughest games will be against Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Ohio State, and Maryland.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Being member of a conference that only boasts one other top 25 team, forces UConn to "front load" their schedule with top ranked opponents, since they won't see any other top 25 teams (other than USF.maybe) during conference play. Geno is going to find out real quick what kind of team he has this year, and what kind of mettle they have. One thing is for sure, those 13 games will not be a cake walk. Without looking at any other program's OCC, I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that UConn's OOC by far, will be the toughest in WCBB.

Carnac says:
(I'm taking out my cape and turban out of the closet long enough to make this prediction, then back it goes) "UConn will win at least 11 of these 13 OOC games, and run the table (as usual) in conference and conference tournament play". Games that UConn won last year by 40+, they'll win this year by 8-15 points. None of them will be easy. No doubt their toughest games will be against Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Ohio State, and Maryland.
When the beginnings of the OOC was initially announced I said that The UConn could lose up to 4 games next season. However I also said Geno's team will be a hard nosed, gritty, feral team that will be different and more cohesive by the end of the season. This teams basketball IQ will be off the charts and by tourney time no one will want to play them. Catch them early because during the Big Boogie teams will see nothing but their tails.

Reaction Score
I expect the Dayton game on November 22 will be played at Gampel. UConn men's ice hockey has a game that night in Hartford.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
SCar game on the 13th of Feb.

Reaction Score
We will lose 4 to 5 of those, but it's OK. I respect the journey
Great point about respecting the journey! But 2 or 3 loses at the most, I predict. UConn will beat everyone they're supposed to beat and maybe lose to a couple of top teams that have been waiting patiently for this narrow window to open. We all know Geno's goals at this point: 1. toughen up a team which is a work in progress, and see what the tournament brings; and 2. because there is only 1 senior and a whole lot of help coming the following year, this year will mature a lot of players for the next couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom