UConn +2 at KU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn +2 at KU

Reaction Score
Head:
Kansas wins 96% of their games at Phog. It's a Friday night 8pm local tipoff and their students and fans are going to be out of their mind for a top 5 game against the defending champs that's been circled for a year on the calendar. UConn hasn't played a road game yet this year, but were quite a bit worse last season on the road. UConn was 2nd best offense on neutral, 6th best among home teams, and 19th best on road. Kansas have a schematic advantage to at times neutralize the key to our defense. UConn is missing one of our better players and looked quite poor for stretches in their last game. 2 of our main shooters are in the midst of shooting slumps. Kansas and the over.

Heart:
UConn is better, even without Castle. Kansas' offense is overrated. They have 2 scorers. They're going to need to play like a top 10 offense to keep up with ours. It's tough to shoot on the road, but we're due to make some more 3s. The last 2 cupcakes only kept it close because they hit 40% from 3. UConn and the under.
We better to be able to sink some 3s. No cupcakes.

Reaction Score
81-70 UConn and the streak lives.

Details
We're up 74-70 and hit a 3 with 50sec to go to go up 77-70
They miss, we rebound and get the ball to Tristan who Kansas fouls for 2FT
This is repeated 1 more time = 81-70 final
The crowd is silent and the Kansas coeds cry
:)

Reaction Score
81-70 UConn and the streak lives.

Details
We're up 74-70 and hit a 3 with 50sec to go to go up 77-70
They miss, we rebound and get the ball to Tristan who Kansas fouls for 2FT
This is repeated 1 more time = 81-70 final
The crowd is silent and the Kansas coeds cry
:)
This will never happen. Because UConn doesn’t have a player named Tristan.

I’m going to die trying with this.

caw

Reaction Score
Tough one. Admittedly worried about not playing together in this atmosphere and against a very good team. Rumor is McCullars on Tristen to try to take him away. Up to Spencer and Ball to help out with some ball handling duties.

Can’t wait to watch it but wouldn’t touch the line with a 10 foot jumper!

I know McCullar is a good defender, but Tristen is an odd player to defend against. Honestly always thought smaller guards gave him the most trouble, the quick ones who got under his dribble.

Reaction Score
I know McCullar is a good defender, but Tristen is an odd player to defend against. Honestly always thought smaller guards gave him the most trouble, the quick ones who got under his dribble.

Agree Harris i believe was defensive POY wasn’t he? He could potentially give him some fits. But as you said he’s not in any hurry to beat his guy he just methodically takes it to him. Will be fun to watch no matter who tries to check our guy!

hypercat2.0

We knew
Reaction Score
I’ll take it. The bottom line is UConn has the experience to win big games and more talent. They’ll be feeding it to Clingan early and often. When he gets tired Johnson will be the disrupter by speeding up the tempo which will create turnovers. It will be close until the half, at which point Self’s playbook will get dismantled. Then the usual 10 point buffer will be created and it won’t get any closer than 5. They’ll be able to keep their composure in that hell hole.

Reaction Score
Per Odds Shark:

UConn +1.5

Predicted score: 76.9 UConn vs 70.6 Kansas

Reaction Score
Odd Shark….

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    915.7 KB · Views: 128

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Some line movement history

Attachments

• 9632E72A-22AE-4EC0-9319-F9E4DCF0D794.jpeg
    9632E72A-22AE-4EC0-9319-F9E4DCF0D794.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 120

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

We are doomed
"Kansas is always a major challenge at home. And UConn has not yet been pushed by a team that could expose its challenges from the perimeter (30.9% from the 3-point line). Still, here's one more thing to consider: The Huskies might be the best team in America, regardless of the venue."

-Metcalf from ESPN

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I don't know what to think regarding the total. I could see any of:

A) We get going early and hold on to win in a shootout (83-75 W, Over)
B) We struggle to shoot and get a horrible whistle at both ends all game, they win keeping us at arm's length (75-64 L, Under)
C) We fall behind early, frantically try to catch up but can't get enough stops, lots of fouling at the end in vain (85-78 L, Over)
D) Both teams struggle to shoot and the game remains tight throughout, pace slows way down (68-65 W or L, Under)

Note that Kansas has played 3 neutral-site games against top 10 teams and: 1) completed a huge comeback to beat Kentucky in a shootout that could have gone the other way, 2) lost badly to Marquette where they couldn't score, 3) beat Tennessee in a low-scoring game. So they can win or lose in high-scoring or low-scoring games.

I think I slightly prefer taking us and the points at +2.5 or so, where we cover in a 1-possession game either way. I wouldn't be able to stomach picking KU -2.5 and then having us lose by a bucket.

That said, if teased lines are available, I would think about picking UConn -6.5 or so (probably in the +200 or +300 range, just guessing since I don't have a great feel for this). If we are going to win, it's more likely to be by a margin based on them having to foul us at the end than eking one out at the buzzer.

Good luck picking this one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This will never happen. Because UConn doesn’t have a player named Tristan.

I’m going to die trying with this.
You'd probably have more luck trying to get Tristen to change his name to Tristan.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I don't know what to think regarding the total. I could see any of:

A) We get going early and hold on to win in a shootout (83-75 W, Over)
B) We struggle to shoot and get a horrible whistle at both ends all game, they win keeping us at arm's length (75-64 L, Under)
C) We fall behind early, frantically try to catch up but can't get enough stops, lots of fouling at the end in vain (85-78 L, Over)
D) Both teams struggle to shoot and the game remains tight throughout, pace slows way down (68-65 W or L, Under)

Note that Kansas has played 3 neutral-site games against top 10 teams and: 1) completed a huge comeback to beat Kentucky in a shootout that could have gone the other way, 2) lost badly to Marquette where they couldn't score, 3) beat Tennessee in a low-scoring game. So they can win or lose in high-scoring or low-scoring games.

I think I slightly prefer taking us and the points at +2.5 or so, where we cover in a 1-possession game either way. I wouldn't be able to stomach picking KU -2.5 and then having us lose by a bucket.

That said, if teased lines are available, I would think about picking UConn -6.5 or so (probably in the +200 or +300 range, just guessing since I don't have a great feel for this). If we are going to win, it's more likely to be by a margin based on them having to foul us at the end than eking one out at the buzzer.

Good luck picking this one.

This smells like a defensive battle to me - My guess is option D.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This smells like a defensive battle to me - My guess is option D.
I feel the same. May be hard driving in the paint on this Kansas team with their athletes.

But we will also play super tough D as well. Could make for a slugfest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom